FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AGPS Patch Inspire 4G 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,237

Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2011, 04:20 AM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Glad you like it. The next will be as great and more precise. It'll be difficult to keep making it much better for long.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
10th September 2011, 07:09 AM |#72  
Flag Orlando FL
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Another testimonial.

I am running the latest CM7 nightly and with this patch it really does get GPS lock much quicker.

Thanks a bunch
10th September 2011, 07:34 AM |#73  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdrausal

Another testimonial.

I am running the latest CM7 nightly and with this patch it really does get GPS lock much quicker.

Thanks a bunch

Good!!! That was my only ambition. Just wait until the v1.2. I have it finalized, but I'm waiting on a couple more testers to respond with their results.

I'm kinda thinking ahead to v1.3 already, too. I want to give people who haven't had luck with GPS the best run for their money...wait I don't get paid!
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
10th September 2011, 07:35 AM |#74  
Flag Orlando FL
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Good!!! That was my only ambition. Just wait until the v1.2. I have it finalized, but I'm waiting on a couple more testers to respond with their results.

I'm kinda thinking ahead to v1.3 already, too. I want to give people who haven't had luck with GPS the best run for their money...wait I don't get paid!

What is the Change log for 1.2?
10th September 2011, 07:48 AM |#75  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdrausal

What is the Change log for 1.2?

I really don't keep track...just kidding. Man, that would make this pointless.

There will be five changes (4 new variables, 1 tweak) in the North America version and six changes in the Worldwide version (4 new variables, 1 tweak, 1 removal). I'm ignoring new NTP server pools from my count because those are just extra backups.
10th September 2011, 09:24 AM |#76  
Flag Minneapolis, Mn
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I thought my lock times were great with ninja but this has dramatically improved it. Nice work man!!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
10th September 2011, 05:40 PM |#77  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meanrex

I thought my lock times were great with ninja but this has dramatically improved it. Nice work man!!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Happy to help!
11th September 2011, 01:43 AM |#78  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 120

Donate to Me
More
I'm still having problems with my GPS, can't get a single lock.

I've tried different ROMs, kernels, radios and RIL's. I've used this patch with different combinations of all of these and still no lock.

This seems to be new, I can remember it locking on last week. But now, outside in the sun, case off, this patch flashed, still nothing.

So I'm guessing it's hardware and I'm S.O.L., thanks for the work on this patch anyhow.
11th September 2011, 01:46 AM |#79  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Use a full wipe script and flash a ROM with known gps support. I'd use arhd or unity. Try the patch again.

11th September 2011, 01:51 AM |#80  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 120

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Use a full wipe script and flash a ROM with known gps support. I'd use arhd or unity. Try the patch again.

Well each time I flash a ROM, I wipe Davlik, format System, Data, then Cache. Then wipe all user data/factory reset. I'm using RCMix (obviously), and the GPS was working fine before. I tried the new Android Revolution and no GPS lock either, so I'm fairly sure it isn't the ROMs.

Haven't tried a wipe script however.
11th September 2011, 02:11 AM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt305

Well each time I flash a ROM, I wipe Davlik, format System, Data, then Cache. Then wipe all user data/factory reset. I'm using RCMix (obviously), and the GPS was working fine before. I tried the new Android Revolution and no GPS lock either, so I'm fairly sure it isn't the ROMs.

Haven't tried a wipe script however.

Try the full wipe that I use: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15057375/mer...L-WIPE-1.3.zip

Just so we're clear for other reading the thread, your GPS stopped functioning prior to trying this patch. You tried it as an attempt to get your GPS operational once again...

If you're somewhat brave and the phone's out of warranty, check out my second post on the thread. There are known hardware issues on some DHD and Inspire 4G phones. If you have some sturdy hands, that fix worked for someone else with a hardware problem who tried my patch before determining it to be so.
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, gps, inspire, lock, slow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)