G900T1 restored with T-MO variant odin stock

Search This thread

clip3009

Oct 18, 2011
We all know that metroPCS AND T-mobile share the same networks and phones. What I didn't find a clear answer on, is if we can restore tmobile firmware on the metro variant. I jumped the gun and flashed the tmobile stock odin firmware on the metropcs variant. I have successfully converted my metropcs s5 into a full tmobilw s5. No errors, everything works fine. And the build number is showing sm-g900t. The network is still locked to metropcs.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: HORiZUN

AwesomeAHlee

Apr 24, 2011
Washington D.C
We all know that metroPCS AND T-mobile share the same networks and phones. What I didn't find a clear answer on, is if we can restore tmobile firmware on the metro variant. I jumped the gun and flashed the tmobile stock odin firmware on the metropcs variant. I have successfully converted my metropcs s5 into a full tmobilw s5. No errors, everything works fine. And the build number is showing sm-g900t. The network is still locked to metropcs.

awesome! where did you get the tmobile rom from?

rix1220

Oct 31, 2012
question

you don't have tray to unlock whit region loock away apk ? my work

Last edited:

DKNY2LA

Dec 2, 2015
Los Angeles
I am trying to take an unlocked G900T1 and turn it into a G900T. Is this essentially what you have done by flashing the T-mobile stock odin firmware referenced in this thread? And if so, can you confirm that these are the proper steps:

1) extract/unzip firmware file (should show as .tar)
2) download odin v3.09 or newer and extract
3) open odin
4) Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
5) Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
6) Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
7) Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked and keep odin default settings
8) Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Am I missing anything? And will this allow me to use wifi calling and Mobile Hotspot on T-mobile service?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: HORiZUN

HORiZUN

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
Old thread I know, but this helped me. I ended up with a network locked MetroPCS S5, sim unlocked via MetroPCS for free, flashed this firmware, and everything works as it should. Wifi calling, gps, bluetooth, etc. Phone now reports as SM-G900T

I didn't know until now that you could cross flash different variants. This may become useful in the future... Thanks for this. Nice spare unlocked "T-Mobile" phone I have now in a drawer in case I break my screen or something. Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    awesome! where did you get the tmobile rom from?

Here you go .... :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2714325

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I am trying to take an unlocked G900T1 and turn it into a G900T. Is this essentially what you have done by flashing the T-mobile stock odin firmware referenced in this thread? And if so, can you confirm that these are the proper steps:

1) extract/unzip firmware file (should show as .tar)
    2) download odin v3.09 or newer and extract
    3) open odin
    4) Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    5) Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    6) Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
    7) Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked and keep odin default settings
    8) Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Am I missing anything? And will this allow me to use wifi calling and Mobile Hotspot on T-mobile service?
    Thanks in advance for your help!