*NEW* JB - ICS - GB - AOKP & Stock APK Repository [09/04/2012]

Search This thread

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
Would it be possible for you to upload the stock clock apk??

Mine is messed up for some reason and I have to force close it every time i want to use the alarm!!

Check the full zip I uploaded on my second post. I believe the clock app is called clockpackage.apk or something similar. If it's not in the full zip ill upload it tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

jlalisan82

Jan 5, 2012
Anaheim
It's not the AT&T one but the navigation gps thats free and not on a 30 day trial..but thanks! Hope you find it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

jjack0310

Feb 20, 2011
Check the full zip I uploaded on my second post. I believe the clock app is called clockpackage.apk or something similar. If it's not in the full zip ill upload it tomorrow

I just checked the full zip does have the clockpackage.apk, but since it is a system app it wont let me replace it. It says 'Application not Installed' when I try to replace it.

I was thinking of uninstalling the current stock app using Titanium Backup and then installing the one that you uploaded.

Do you think this is advisable? I dont want to mess anything up even more than what is right now. !!

Thank you

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
I just checked the full zip does have the clockpackage.apk, but since it is a system app it wont let me replace it. It says 'Application not Installed' when I try to replace it.

I was thinking of uninstalling the current stock app using Titanium Backup and then installing the one that you uploaded.

Do you think this is advisable? I dont want to mess anything up even more than what is right now. !!

Thank you

If you copy the current app and place it in a folder you can always revert back. If you have root access you should be able to delete the app and place the new clock package in the system/app folder. After you replace it, restart your phone.

jjack0310

Feb 20, 2011
If you copy the current app and place it in a folder you can always revert back. If you have root access you should be able to delete the app and place the new clock package in the system/app folder. After you replace it, restart your phone.

Ok so here is what I did.

Restored the original ClockPackage using the Titanium Backup.

Copied the clockpackage from your zip folder and put it on my SD Card

Opened Astro File Manager and tried pasting your file to \system\app but it says java.io.FileNotFoundException: /system/app/ClockPackage.apk (Read-only file system)

Any ideas?

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
Ok so here is what I did.

Restored the original ClockPackage using the Titanium Backup.

Copied the clockpackage from your zip folder and put it on my SD Card

Opened Astro File Manager and tried pasting your file to \system\app but it says java.io.FileNotFoundException: /system/app/ClockPackage.apk (Read-only file system)

Any ideas?

You probably need to change the permissions on your system folder from read only to read/write.

If that doesn't work I'm not really sure what's happening. You may want to try Googling the error or wait and see if another dev can assist.

johny_i

Oct 31, 2011
New York City
File Manager/explorer

Can someone put up the stock file explorer apk? ICScrewd doesn't have it. I know there is a bunch of apps out there (I already have Root Explorer) but I'd like to have one that doesn't give me ads or doesn't force Superuser to start up every time. I looked in my stock nandroid backup but can't tell which one it is.

jjack0310

Feb 20, 2011
You probably need to change the permissions on your system folder from read only to read/write.

If that doesn't work I'm not really sure what's happening. You may want to try Googling the error or wait and see if another dev can assist.

How exactly do I edit the permissions on my system folder to read/write?

AcmeWidgets

Dec 9, 2011
fort worth
Is one of the .apk files in the zip for 2.3.6 for "Google search?"

It seems there's a problem with it in the Android Market. Others' are having trouble with it. When you try to update it; it gives a message to reinstall. I uninstalled it, and can't get it back through the market.

Oops! disregard! it looks like it's been fixed in the market!

If anyone else is having trouble with it in the market, retry. It seems they fixed it.

The only problem is the widget was transparent in appearance on the Doomzday rom, and now it's opaque. Boohoo! I liked the transparent one!

nbunn

Oct 1, 2009
These apps should technically work on the new miuiv4 correct?

SHOStock + ICS theme + ICS themed gb keyboard = the flashaholic cure!

karate104

Nov 5, 2011
Here's a seemingly random question: will these work on any other Samsung phones? Specifically, an unrooted Captivate running stock 2.3.5?

EDIT: If not, anyone know where I could find those? I've searched everywhere, unfortunately I don't think anyone in the Cappy section has made a handy thread like this.

Last edited:

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
Here's a seemingly random question: will these work on any other Samsung phones? Specifically, an unrooted Captivate running stock 2.3.5?

EDIT: If not, anyone know where I could find those? I've searched everywhere, unfortunately I don't think anyone in the Cappy section has made a handy thread like this.

It might. I'd think running Gingerbread would increase your chances of compatibility. Otherwise, just pull things from stock builds.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

karate104

Nov 5, 2011
I honestly have no clue if it'll run on all Samsung devices. I'd assume same software same maker but I'm not sure.

Thanks anyway. I tried to install the Accuweather one, no dice. Dunno if I would have to do something else that requires root to get it to work, and if I did, I have no idea what that would entail. It's too bad, I actually like Samsung's weather widget quite a bit on my SGSII (Captivate belongs to my gf).

EDIT:

It might. I'd think running Gingerbread would increase your chances of compatibility. Otherwise, just pull things from stock builds.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

How would I go about doing that? Only reason I'm looking for this is because it wasn't included in the stock update, not since Froyo it appears.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know if anyone else has had issues after flashing ROM's and missing an APK they used...but I have. This thread is simply for STOCK APK's and that have been developed by devs (TW4.5 by Frogger, etc.).

*Individual ICS APK Files will be in the 4th Post, Easiest way to keep them separted.
    *Individual Jelly Bean Files will be in the 2nd Post.

*NEW* Jelly Bean Stock and AOKP APK's (09-04-2012)
    Please see 2nd post for Individual Jelly Bean APK's and G-Apps OR
    Click Here to Download ALL Jelly Bean APK's (AOKP)

*Updated* ICS Stock and AOKP APK's (09-04-2012)
    Please see 4th post for Individual ICS APK's and G-Apps OR
    Click here to download ALL ICS Apk's.

None of these APK's are purchased as I do not believe in pirating :cool:

I will try keeping this updated with important APK's as well as custom APK's (ie TW4.5).

How to install an apk.

1) Download APK straight to your phone.
    2) Use any file explorer (My Files, Root Explorer, etc) and find the downloaded apk.
    3) Click on the apk and when prompted, install using the installer.
    4) You are done.

*These are stock APK files, there is always the risk of these not working on custom ROM's but you shoulnd't have any issues. If you are replacing an already installed APK you may need to delete the current one and then wipe your dalvik cache in CWM.

If you want to download all the Stock APK's instead of specific ones please click the link below.
    Download All Stock APK's Here

I forgot to add Swype to the individual list, you can download it from the link below.
    Download Swype Here

You can download all the TW4.5 APK's below. I pulled these from CriskeloRom because that ROM uses TW4.5. All APK's should work if you're using 4.5...NOT STOCK.
    Download All TW4.5 APK's Here

ALL INDIVIDUAL FILES LISTED BELOW ARE STOCK APK's, If you use them on TW4.5 they may force close or fail to install.
    Stock & AOKP Jelly Bean APK's [09-04-2012]

Here are a few 'popular' APK's that are commonly requested. I have also included download links to the complete APK Files for Jelly Bean (4.1.1 AOKP). Please see OP for instructions on how to install or to find other helpful links.

Galaxy S III - Stock APK's (These were not uploaded by me, I'm simply providing links to the downloads). -Thanks LilChris06 for the SGSIII APK's. His Original Post with these APK's can be found HERE.

S-Voice (APK)
    S-Suggest (APK)
    Wallpaper Chooser (APK) - Requires TW UX Launcher
    Deep Sea (Live Wallpaper)
    Luminous Dots (Live Wallpaper)
    AccuWeather (Widget) - Requires Any TW Launcher
    Stock Launcher (AOKP)
    Stock Keyboard

All AOKP APK's (Jelly Bean)
    Download Here

Jelly Bean Gapps- This is NOT a flashable zip. This is only a zip files with the individual G-Apps for Jelly Bean 4.1.1
    Download Here
    STOCK 2.3.6 APK's

Stock APK's for 2.3.6 (New AT&T Base)

Download all Stock APK's Here

Swype for 2.3.6

Download Swype Here

I have also attached some popular individual APK's below.

*I am limited to how many files I can attach per post. I want to save my last post for 4.0 (ICS) Stock APK's when it is leaked/released. If you are looking for an individual APK let me know and I'll respond to your post and attach the file...it's the best I can do.
    Stock ICS APK's

If you have any individual APK requests let me know, i'll upload them to this post as quickly as I can.

Full Stock ICS APK ZIP

AOKP ICS APK's

Click Here to download ALL ICS AOKP APK's
    Click Here to download all ICS G-apps - This is not a flashable zip, this a zip that contains all the individual ICS G-apps.

The Below attached files are Stock APK's, not AOKP
    The first one is for the Talk messaging app and the second one is the Google voice search app. I'll see if I can find something on line. For now I'll keep using Vlingo.

Thanks for the response and the work on the APK's. :D

Here you go, this should be the one you're looking for.