KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/Charging Station[FULL REVIEW] >>>.LOTS OF PICS<<<

Search This thread
May 18, 2012
You can get the HDMI version here:
hdmi_6.jpg

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/htc-one-xl-usb-desktop-cradle-with-hdmi-output.html

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill

carvinb

Sep 18, 2012
Upright Cradle?

Does anyone know where I can find a Powered Upright Dock/cradle? Only ones I have seen lays the One X on it's side.

ontzaboy

Apr 2, 2012
I ordered the HDMI-one from Mytrendyphone.com today :) All because impressed of the review here.

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium

ontzaboy

Apr 2, 2012
A praise unlike any other. thanks LOL

Hahah thanks :)

I actually bought a different brand one earlier for my car, which though didnt support any cases, and the overall impression was pretty fragile and plastic. That one was a bit of a disappointment

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium

Mr. Blobby

Jan 31, 2011
London
www.youtube.com
Hi, does anyone know if this kidigi cradle is compatible with htc one x plus?

and also, i heard that the hdmi version does not allow you to sync data to pc. how can i keep my phone synced and use hdmi out and charge all at the same time? I was thinking to buy the non-hdmi version (charge and sync only one) and get a separate mhl cable or something but not sure. i need help! :(

thanks

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Is the phone going into dock mode when inserted in this dock? (home screen in landscape)?? :confused::confused:

OstrichSak

Aug 23, 2010
Colorado, USA
I'm having issues charging using this dock. My HOX always complains about it. On the back it says output 500mA. Is there a way to get it to output 1000mA for example using the original 1000mA HTC charger?

Anyone found a solution for this? This is the only thing keeping me from ordering and trying one of these out as I'm concerned about the low voltage output as compared to plugging it in using the A/C cable that comes with the phone.

cowgaR

Oct 25, 2010
Londinium
0.5A like any other dock

Anyone found a solution for this? This is the only thing keeping me from ordering and trying one of these out as I'm concerned about the low voltage output as compared to plugging it in using the A/C cable that comes with the phone.

according to specs, output is 0.5A
http://kidigi.com/product_lv2.php?pid=1376

AFAIK most of the docks use only 0.5A to charge - thus are useless for quick charging, and even worse when there's some CPU/display activity on the power hungry Tegra3 to charge it quickly. I am in the same water as you (however for X+ with higher capacity battery) looking for a proper 1A dock - no luck and I stopped looking.

funnily enough, I found dozens of external juice packs that can charge with 1A (at least they claim so) - but these docks can't, even thought they have AC plug directly to them

edit:
just noted, that maxwen added 'force fast charge' option to HTC One X+ kernel (might be ported to yours as well) - so one might try it with this dock and see if it can be forced to higher output (as AC charging was forced in the test for iPad v2 charger, see this thread:
-added "fast charger" support (allows "overruling" of automatic charger detection)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027201
and a bit of an explanation:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37224597&postcount=142
with some testing:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37245694&postcount=151

Last edited:

Mr. Blobby

Jan 31, 2011
London
www.youtube.com
Kidigi cradle

hey guys i'm having problems with my kidigi cradle. i got the hdmi out version and everytime i take out my htc one x plus from the cradle it hangs and i have to restart it and its really annoying,

can anyone help please? its been going on for a while and its really frustrating!

thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/Charging Station[FULL REVIEW] >>>.LOTS OF PICS<<<

FULL REVIEW

This is the KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/ Charging Station customed designed to fit the HTC ONE X both WITH and WITHOUT CASES on.

The following are pictures showing the dock dimentions, shipping package (review unit), usb cable (Samsung?), and how the dock fits with and without a case on

REVIEW

Look and Feel
    After constantly using the dock for the past few days, I must admit this: this dock looks amazing. Its form and design flows with the shape of the One X, and its borders are not restricting, but also curves to create round edges that really adds on to the look of this dock. Its construction is 100% plastic, but there is a little premium feel to it with its glossy lip and matte sides. Though I do not understand fully as to why there is a back piece jutting out so much, it does indeed provide the support for when the phone is placed on top.

Usability:
    Advertised as the case fit version, it came with a plastic piece of adapter to be used when your phone is naked. The fit when case-less is perfect, with the polycarbonate body of the HOX just reaching the point where it would touch the plastic stand.

I was, however, very delighted to see that when the plastic adapter was taken off, the KIDIGI dock adapted all cases that I had, which was an OTTERBOX DEFENDER, and a Nillkin TPU case. The Otterbox when fitted, provided a very tight fit against the sides of the dock, where as the Nillkin left a little space, though both fit the dock perfectly. Thus, it is safe to say that any sort of case you have, would definitely fit on this dock.

It was a breeze to just dock my phone, and charge it, or simply to transfer data to my laptop. Though dock mode won’t activate by itself, this can be easily solved by using dock simulator from the play store.

Cons:
    There was only one little thing that I didn’t quite like about this dock. When the phone was docked, it was quite wobbly. Yes, I know that the only link between the phone and the dock is the connector, but extra space around the front and back were a bit excessively left, and this happens both with a case and without.

Would I recommend it?
    Yes, for the price and the amount of use it offers, I would definitely recommend this to any who is looking for a great looking, adaptable dock.

Feel free to ask any questions about the dock
    what about any clear tpu cases on the phone? do they still fit?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Yes it fits perfectly