[Q & A] Ask ask your questions here !!

Search This thread

pupochek

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Nah, if you get past 300€, 40€ aren't a big difference. With the S2, you can replace your cam with the phone, with Advanced you can't take usefull pics.

Nope, you can not replace your camera with S2. It takes ****ty pictures, not much better than S1 actually (Captivate to be precise, US AT&T variant of S1). So without side by side comparison of pics, this can not be a decision point...

:cool:

Oct 16, 2010
I can´t find any TV-OUT in my device (GT-i9070) i try MHL and 3 composite RCA cables, i try ask for Samsung 2 times, one say MHL and other RCA???

dark_knight35

Jan 15, 2012
Nope, you can not replace your camera with S2. It takes ****ty pictures, not much better than S1 actually (Captivate to be precise, US AT&T variant of S1). So without side by side comparison of pics, this can not be a decision point...

:cool:

My bro's got the S2. Trust me, I know what I'm saying.

JokerNJ

Oct 11, 2010
I got the Galaxy S Advance as a work phone. Surprisingly good. Very zippy, no lag at all (although in fairness it's almost all email and phone calls with only a few apps).

I emailed Samsung UK through their website to ask about an upgrade path to ICS and got a reply this morning to say 'there are no plans to upgrade this device to Android 4.'.

That's not to say it won't be upgraded elsewhere, just no plans in the UK.

Reactions: hithwen

dark_knight35

Jan 15, 2012
I got the Galaxy S Advance as a work phone. Surprisingly good. Very zippy, no lag at all (although in fairness it's almost all email and phone calls with only a few apps).

I emailed Samsung UK through their website to ask about an upgrade path to ICS and got a reply this morning to say 'there are no plans to upgrade this device to Android 4.'.

That's not to say it won't be upgraded elsewhere, just no plans in the UK.

If you knew Sammy, you'd know that there won't be any ICS fws anywhere.

RFPaes

Jun 12, 2012
Goiânia
I bought my i9070 a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it. Mine is from Brazil, and it's the best option for the price. Can't wait for an ICS update for it, and already voted for a new section for it here at XDA.

As a photographer, I can say that no cell phone can replace an actual camera, since it doesn't have optical zoom, the sensor is much smaller, it have no manual controls for apperture, shutter speed and ISO, and much more.

Cell phone cameras are great and practical, when you don't have a better camera at hand.

SirHarvester

Jan 26, 2012
Poland
I have very important question - if the phone has quad-core graphics card such as the SGSII (Mali-400 MP4), because the Wiki write that the NovaThor U8500 SoC implemned to SGS Advance have Mali-400, but just single-core, and GSMArena write it has Mali-400 MP (can't add link yet), so the same like in SGSII. I am afraid that single-core Mali-400 may be weaker than SGX 540 from Galaxy Nexus. And whether it is single or quad graphic chip, will be important for the future of this smarthone.
Someone knows on 100% is that single or quad-core graphic chip?

Unkn0wNx

Jul 9, 2012
Mumbai
Wakelock

I noticed that my battery was being drained very fast for some odd reason, cpu spy shows that it's not going into deep sleep.

Further with Better battery stats, in the kernel wakelocks section "radio-interface" "svnet" "unknown_wakeups" have unusually high runtime while i don't even even use the radio. I'm guessing here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pezmet

Feb 23, 2011
Bucharest
The I9070 is a very nice phone in my opinion, but i think it won`t get ics and it probably won`t have much support for costum roms. So if you want value for money go for it and if you want ICS/comunity support get an SII or nexus lineup.

Gusta_HR

Aug 13, 2011
Velika Gorica
Recognized devs buying top models android phones... One x, S3, Sgs2... Sgs advance will not get their attention.

sent from the other side of my galaxy :)

Pastorelli

Sep 22, 2010
The i9070 is a Good phone.
I would rather have a fast Gingerbread Value Pack on this phone in stead of a more slugish ICS with battery drain.

Last edited:

CaioA2

Apr 21, 2012
I think it will be quite easy to have ics in Galaxy S Advance. We just need a kernel, look on youtube "CRewmDBkR8U" its a NovaThor U8500 with Hardware aceleration enabled, working videos and games on ICS :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If this device gets a forum,

I will make Kernels and if time permits , ROMs also..

You can check my work in my signature..
    Hi guys :)
    I was planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy S Advance as my second phone, it has an dual core 1 Ghz ST-Ericsson U8500 CPU with a Mali 400 GPU from ARM with 768 MB of RAM. and other similar features like the S plus.
    According to the stericsson website the U8500 chip supports 1080p video recording but on the gsmarena specs it shows 720p with 30fps :confused: (maybe someday could unlock the full hd feature :) )
    The main reason i posted this thread was to ask about it's GPU performance, as it includes the same GPU from the S2.
    Will the performance be the same as the S2 ? or somewhere around that ?
    And what about the U8500's performance ?
    I recommend @shut_down as the President of the United forums of SGSA on XDA

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
    Another Question
    Are Dual cores really fast compared to a single core
    I own a S plus which has a Qualcomm msm8255t 1.4 Ghz single core cpu, which i find quite fast, it runs CM9 very smoothly.
    LOL i just bought the device :D it's real smooth was playing some hd games and the performance is really good, the mali 400mp is doing its job just fine :eek: and multitasking is pretty good :cool:

I don't know about Germany but this device seems to be getting quite popular here in India

A friend got it... but he's Android noob :(.