[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
I alway used this method: wipe cache + dalvik cache, format system and then flash new nightly + flash Gapps, with this i have fresh system and not lose data and apps. And since used this method, i not have any freeze.:fingers-crossed:

I do a full wipe(factory reset) and wipe cashe+dalvik so man I'm on the same boat, but still I got that non responsive pin number screen

Oh and one other glitch I got(just one time), I tried to take a picture to see if the camera is working normally and although I had 45% battery when I took the picture everything went black(black screen) and the phone rebooted(hot reboot) but didn't happen again

so the two minor bugs up till now is the non-responsive touch screen on pin number(once) and the hot reboot(once). Other than than it seems to be stable enough, stable to make it my daily driver :D

Last edited:

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Do you have both a lib and a cache partition? If yes I think you need to repartition and remove the lib partition with your cache partition being about 290MB as I'm not sure if the latest nightlies include the fix to work around this yet.

I just have a cache partition - not sure how I check its size though?

One thing I am so, so pleased about with CM11 on the DHD is WiFi Tethering works :) And it passes L2TP/IPsec. For me WiFi Tethering on CM 10.1 never worked consistently and when it did passthru of L2TP/IPSec never worked at all. I had to install WiFi Tether for root users and although this worked consistently passthru of L2TP/IPSec didn't work.

A couple of random reboots and then WiFi disabled but I can probably live with it as a daily driver. Thanks so much to the developers and Mustaavalkosta for bringing this to the DHD.

Andy

whiperhack

Feb 23, 2011
I just have a cache partition - not sure how I check its size though?

One thing I am so, so pleased about with CM11 on the DHD is WiFi Tethering works :) And it passes L2TP/IPsec. For me WiFi Tethering on CM 10.1 never worked consistently and when it did passthru of L2TP/IPSec never worked at all. I had to install WiFi Tether for root users and although this worked consistently passthru of L2TP/IPSec didn't work.

A couple of random reboots and then WiFi disabled but I can probably live with it as a daily driver. Thanks so much to the developers and Mustaavalkosta for bringing this to the DHD.

Andy

Do you use any theme? The themes can cause reboots and wifi disables and even bootloops.

Sent from my Desire HD

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Do you use any theme? The themes can cause reboots and wifi disables and even bootloops.

Sent from my Desire HD

I don't use any themes. Now that I have my apps installed and the settings configured I have seen only one reboot so it may have settled down. I have also had a couple of graphic glitches where one or two of the icons on the status bar are 'stretched' or blurred?

This is still an early ROM so I expect it will improve with each nightly.

Cheers
Andy

Last edited:

asticot7

Dec 28, 2008
Hi

From CM10.1 SR3 (Mustaavalkosta) I am trying this CM11
I notice I get more FC and reboots than with 10.1 (for the moment)
we also loose the possibility to choose a different wallpaper in the lock screen (I guess it was a "trebuchet" option ?) Not a big deal
So I'll wait for later version, thanks for this great job ;)

Is the CM 10.1 default theme available somewhere ? I miss the blue icons of the status bar

thx !

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
open the terminal application that comes with the rom.
type:
Code:
df -h

The '-h' switch just results in 'no such file or directory (as root or not). However 'df' on its own (as root) shows the partition table. /cache is 295.3M with only 4.9M used. My /data partition is a bit more worrying as its 1.1G with 1.0G used. The /system partition is 549.8M with 416.8M used - I guess that is why the 'Stock' or 'Full Modular' PA GAPPs wouldn't work - just not enough space.

Cheers
Andy

player18

Mar 20, 2011
Victoria BC
Nexus 7
HTC Desire HD
Is this normal?

I just did a clean install of Jan 03 Nightly and Banks GApps Standard, but all Google apps need to be installed manually from the store anyway...
I had to skip syncing with my Google account on first boot as it would crash the phone, can it be related with this?!?

Last edited:

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
I just did a clean install of Jan 03 Nightly and Banks GApps Standard, but all Google apps need to be installed manually from the store anyway...
I had to skip syncing with my Google aco**** on first boot as it would crash the phone, can it be related with this?!?

That was the appeal of the Stock or Full Modular PA GAPPs as all the Google Apps are installed to the system partition so no downloading them each time the ROM is flashed, plus the PA GAPPs are '0-day' updates so as soon as Google release new Apps they are updated. Banks GAPPs are from 14 & 16th December so are already old.

Reactions: PakRatt

vliegnerd

Sep 5, 2012
Installed 0102 nightly and banks standard gapps.

Works like a charm! Very smooth... No bugs/fcs/reboots (yet). Seems to be as stable as CM10.1 that has been my daily driver for a couple of months now.

THANKS!

fouadi

Oct 25, 2010
Beirut
Perhaps a bit more detail will help us help you :)

What exactly are you trying to do?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I tried to mount system in 4Ext Recoverycontrol 2.4.6 and in Terminal Emulator nothing is happining
some App like Systemappremover need System mounting
in CM 10.02 I´dident need that
is this Problem in CM 11 or is that at me
sorry for my bade English
Thanks

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
Hi

From CM10.1 SR3 (Mustaavalkosta) I am trying this CM11
I notice I get more FC and reboots than with 10.1 (for the moment)
we also loose the possibility to choose a different wallpaper in the lock screen (I guess it was a "trebuchet" option ?) Not a big deal
So I'll wait for later version, thanks for this great job ;)

Is the CM 10.1 default theme available somewhere ? I miss the blue icons of the status bar

thx !

If you mean blue icon of wifi, in the kitkat version that's not available - blame Google :p

P.S. I've found a minor-delay bug, when you try to record a video ..you press record and it takes up to 3 seconds to start recording :(
Can someone try to dublicate this? ..I might just be me :p

Reactions: asticot7

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
I've found a minor-delay bug, when you try to record a video ..you press record and it takes up to 3 seconds to start recording :(
Can someone try to dublicate this? ..I might just be me :p

For me I get 5-7 second delay.

What runtime are you guys using?

I haven't tried all the nighties but I thought the first few until the 1218 nightly were far faster when using ART than the 1221 nightly when using Dalvik. I clean installed the 1228 nightly and again went back to ART but didn't find it to be as fast as the first few nighties.

I'm currently using the 0102 nightly and it is rock solid, although I haven't tried everything others are reporting as buggy. I did get a chance to try my Bluetooth device in my van and thankfully it is now working, I just have to try my Bluetooth headset.

PS. Just tried typing exit in terminal emulator in landscape view and it does FC, although the icon for the process is still in the status bar.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
I think I managed to get CAF based Camera2 to run well enough to overwrite the old branch with this new one. There are some more options I think and you can now touch-to-focus on video cam among other things. Preview gets a bit laggy when you TTF though. This will be in tonight's build.

Nice work mate, Going to backup the SDCard and wipe it ready!

GabrielSebastianMoise

Oct 29, 2012
Campina
Downloading cm-11-20140104-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip and after that, a test :D
First time the Android 4.4.2 on my phone... A little bit hard without the HTC Sense interface, but I'm so curious to test Mustaavalkosta's work :p

Thanks !!!

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
What runtime are you guys using?

I haven't tried all the nighties but I thought the first few until the 1218 nightly were far faster when using ART than the 1221 nightly when using Dalvik. I clean installed the 1228 nightly and again went back to ART but didn't find it to be as fast as the first few nighties.

I'm currently using the 0102 nightly and it is rock solid, although I haven't tried everything others are reporting as buggy. I did get a chance to try my Bluetooth device in my van and thankfully it is now working, I just have to try my Bluetooth headset.

PS. Just tried typing exit in terminal emulator in landscape view and it does FC, although the icon for the process is still in the status bar.

It does it using both for me.

Another thing I've noticed is when I get an mms I have to save it to the phone before I can view it. In the past I've always defaulted to quickpic to view mms but now I can select quickpic and it just opens up gallery and gallery is a black screen. Even selecting gallery ends up with gallery as a black screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 Kitkat Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 and 10.1 nightlies. Builds are generated automatically on every first Saturday of the month. Process starts around 10:30 PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.7
    • Branch: cm-11.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: spade_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button at the bottom of the page)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:
    Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    A: Update your recovery to one that is compatible with new recovery functions. See the list below.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM11.0 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: M12
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-15

Created 2014-04-11
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    Broken:
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=3662#bugReporter

Download mirror content:
    • extras (various tools for specific situations)
      • dexopt-data-only-signed.zip (moves system app dalvik cache to data partition, #1)
      • format_devlog-signed.zip (formats /devlog partition, #1)
      • lowram-signed.zip (turns on low ram system property, #1)
      • QuickSearchBox-installer-signed.zip (installs AOSP search app, #1)
    • nightlies (a directory for nightly builds)
    • plus (a directory for plus builds, #1)
    • releases (a directory for release builds)
    Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :p

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-3.0/commits/cm-11.0-wip
    https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy/commit/16ff8a6a2e3559bed6117239e645498a8d0d3692
    Now I'm off to bed. Workday tomorrow and damn it's 1:30 AM already. Please, don't cause thermonuclear wars while I sleep. kthxbye
    Proximity Recalibrator

So, I was hit by sudden inspiration to rework leppie's proximity recalibrator app to be a bit more up to the UI standards these days. While I was at it I refactored most of the code to be more readable, fixed some misc things etc. etc. and of course probably broke something so dead unicorns ahead once again. I will include this tool in the next nightly build as I see it as an extension to device settings so it's kind of natural part of the rom. If you want to hate me for adding 18kb of useless software you don't use, you are free to do so. I love you too.

I removed the old-looking zoom in/out widgets and just limited the seekbars between values 0 and 50. I haven't heard anyone going above 50 so max value 255 is a bit overkill. This way seekbar is actually usable.

Feedback is welcome as always.

Github: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android_packages_apps_ProximityRecalibrator

Also pic because otherwise it didn't happen:
    gQ6y7ys.png