[APP][1.6+] AppExtractor v1.5.4 - ROM Manager Companion

Search This thread

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
I've been working on an app called AppExtractor. It's meant to be a companion app to ROM Manager in that it allows you to restore individual apps, data, SMS / MMS messages, Contacts / Call Logs, and Wifi Settings from your ROM Manager backups.

AppExtractor is compatible with backups created by ClockworkMod Recovery 5 as well as previous versions of CWM Recovery.

If you are interested, you can find it on the Market here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handyandy.appextractor

For those who cannot install from the Market, I have included the APK in this post.

Please let me know what you think!

Screenshots:

ss-480-0-0

ss-480-1-0

ss-480-2-0

ss-480-3-0

Attachments

• AppExtractor.apk
    299.4 KB · Views: 4,126
Last edited:

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Dubai, UAE
I really hope this was what I've been looking for so long!

Does your original post mean that some kind of output from your app can be used to flash back programs and their settings from the CWM?

If yes, I'd like to make a request.

More often than not, the apks are updated, but the settings are generally the same. Is it possible to give an option to just restore the settings of the selected apps only without restoring the apps? I saw that this is possible through your program ... want to know if its possible through the CWM.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok, so I got it from the market and now I understand a bit more. The idea is great. However, although it appears to be free, it is not. The user has to pay for SMS/MMS. The user is limited to restoring just 5 apps.

Fine, so, its limited! Maybe you should rename it as "lite" as otherwise it could be misleading.

Reactions: AshtonBRSC

Stilleh

Mar 3, 2011
Vedevåg
Wanted to try this, mainly for sms/mms retrieval from old backups (went from sense rom to miui and sms/mms weren't carried over...

I can't seem to buy it from market either. Says an error occured?

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Hi,

what does mean?

with friendly greet

starbase64

Does your original post mean that some kind of output from your app can be used to flash back programs and their settings from the CWM?

More often than not, the apks are updated, but the settings are generally the same. Is it possible to give an option to just restore the settings of the selected apps only without restoring the apps? I saw that this is possible through your program ... want to know if its possible through the CWM.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok, so I got it from the market and now I understand a bit more. The idea is great. However, although it appears to be free, it is not. The user has to pay for SMS/MMS. The user is limited to restoring just 5 apps.

Fine, so, its limited! Maybe you should rename it as "lite" as otherwise it could be misleading.

Thanks for the suggestion! I may consider renaming it so there is a lite / pro version. My intention isn't to make it confusing for anyone.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Wanted to try this, mainly for sms/mms retrieval from old backups (went from sense rom to miui and sms/mms weren't carried over...

I can't seem to buy it from market either. Says an error occured?

Are you still having issues downloading from the Market? It's definitely up there and supports all 1.6+ devices.

Stilleh

Mar 3, 2011
Vedevåg
Yupp´, same error. An error occured. Please try again.

Using market 3.2.0 and have tried wiping market data and cache :(

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Dubai, UAE
Are you still having issues downloading from the Market? It's definitely up there and supports all 1.6+ devices.
Hi Jones,
Would it be possible for you to include an option to for eg. extract from the rom image the settings or the apk or both (as chosen by the user) and recompile it into a new image (only the setting or only apk or both)?

AKZam

Aug 1, 2011
Nice one, was looking for something like this to get my messages back after TB went 'funny' on me.

Cheers!

Oct 15, 2010
Just downloaded it and will try it out soon. I would greatly appreciate it if you would put what the limitations are in the free version and/or what is unlocked with the key in your description.

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Awesome!

I have been looking/waiting for app like this so that I can flash apps straight from CWM after flashing rom instead of having to install Titanium backup and the restore apps from within Android.

Much appreciated. Will give feedback once tested.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been working on an app called AppExtractor. It's meant to be a companion app to ROM Manager in that it allows you to restore individual apps, data, SMS / MMS messages, Contacts / Call Logs, and Wifi Settings from your ROM Manager backups.

AppExtractor is compatible with backups created by ClockworkMod Recovery 5 as well as previous versions of CWM Recovery.

If you are interested, you can find it on the Market here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handyandy.appextractor

For those who cannot install from the Market, I have included the APK in this post.

Please let me know what you think!

Screenshots:

ss-480-0-0

ss-480-1-0

ss-480-2-0

ss-480-3-0
    This app works great and is really helpfull, but whenever i restore some apps they wont show up in my market. I know, this is not an app-related bug, but i still want to recieve update notifications for my apps. Is there a way to import them into my market?

Thanks for your help!

Titanium Backup app:
    Menu> Market Tools > Market Doctor.

Sent from ICS Cappy!
    Does app extractor work similar to titanium backup? Or does it work in an entirely different way?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

AppExtractor will let you extract and restore apps / data from your Nandroid backups. Instead of making a separate app/data backup, you can just use a Nandroid backup to restore from. I believe Titanium Backup Pro has this functionality now as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks

Seems to be working for me, thought I haven't restored anything actually. But both my backups are visible and the app give the list of application all right.