CM11 Nightlies Discussion

Search This thread

nate1975

Jan 25, 2012
Owosso, MI
Camera

Downloaded the cm-11-20140102-NIGHTLY-p930.zip nightly and indeed the camera mostly works for me. I say mostly because 1080p video worked for a few seconds and then caused a reboot (I've seen this on other roms, so I wasn't surprised). 720p worked ok (kind of delayed when starting to record) but regular pictures are fine, so I'm happy enough with it for now.
Also I noticed yesterday on the last build that I had the voice output wasn't working (was using google maps). It's fine now too.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
As for 01/03 version camera seems to work and GPS with voice seems to work too. It is still on occasions a stutter and slow down in the phone and apps and it seems to have issues rendering games right. I was able to play dead trigger 2 on high details quite well on stock ROM but on built cm11 it won't show details and things. And dead trigger one won't render the zombies at all. Even on low details. I couldn't test lte yet because where I am there isn't any lte yet.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

As for 01/03 version camera seems to work and GPS with voice seems to work too. It is still on occasions a stutter and slow down in the phone and apps and it seems to have issues rendering games right. I was able to play dead trigger 2 on high details quite well on stock ROM but on built cm11 it won't show details and things. And dead trigger one won't render the zombies at all. Even on low details. I couldn't test lte yet because where I am there isn't any lte yet. And there is installation issues with certain apps. One app that gives error is XDA. Tapatalk works flawless.

Trialz Nexus One

Jul 2, 2012
Seems that barcode scanner app works if in developer options you tick Disable HW Overlays

Sent from my LG-P936 using Tapatalk

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
What about freezes and BSODs? Or better: how often a day do you have to reboot it? Are there apps that are FCing?

No freezes or reboots for me. I had some slowdowns. But I put the performance to a different setting then it is normally and all runs smooth.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389127613449.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389127613449.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 129

RealyPssd

Jun 16, 2010
Toronto
I tried the newest nightly out last night, the one from the 7th, and everything seemed good, no reboots, or crashes.

I tried restoring some apps with Titanium Backup and all but 3 restored properly. I then tried to install the 3 that wouldn't restore using the Play Store and I got the "unable to install to SD card" error.

All of my pictures showed up in the gallery, and it looked like all of my music was in Apollo.

mpsantiago

Seems that barcode scanner app works if in developer options you tick Disable HW Overlays

Have you tried reducing the Max Layers setting in build.prop as a more permanent (yet hopefully still just temporary) workaround, since Disable HW Overlays doesn't stick on reboot? Curious if that still works in 4.4

Reactions: wistlo

Swetnes

Aug 2, 2012
OnePlus 8
I tried the newest nightly out last night, the one from the 7th, and everything seemed good, no reboots, or crashes.

I tried restoring some apps with Titanium Backup and all but 3 restored properly. I then tried to install the 3 that wouldn't restore using the Play Store and I got the "unable to install to SD card" error.

All of my pictures showed up in the gallery, and it looked like all of my music was in Apollo.

Cm11 has difficulties installing apk's that natively install to the sd card. The work around is to pull the sd card, install from the play store then put the sd card back in and restore your data from Titanium.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

Jordamo

Mar 16, 2013
Buenos Aires
1080p camera record doesn't work for me.. And i think that cm10.1 is smoother and fast..

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
GPS does work for me and cm11 is quite good but I agree cm10 is smoother and faster. I actually just went back to cm10 I had some issues on cm11 like some games not working and slightly stability issues. And battery wasn't as good.

elgiraffe

Dec 25, 2011
BT issues anyone?

Mine will connect and say (no media). Sometimes I can go into the options and uncheck and recheck the box for media audio and it will connect, but it usually won't connect. When it does connect, it will crap again out as soon as I try to turn off the Bluetooth or the headset.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
Mine will connect and say (no media). Sometimes I can go into the options and uncheck and recheck the box for media audio and it will connect, but it usually won't connect. When it does connect, it will crap again out as soon as I try to turn off the Bluetooth or the headset.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

CM11 still has a lot of issues. I reverted back to CM10.3. Stable and fast.

wistlo

Nov 28, 2010
New Orleans
CM 11 progress

I have cm-11-20140113-NIGHTLY-p930.zip running and it's the best CM ROM yet on my P930. Specifically:

• with hardware overlay turned off, the camera works again on 3rd party apps (with the exception of Yelp!, which seems to flip the orientation but not the control or image sizing). Barcode scanner and Skype work well. This was a 10.2 problem.
  • The 10.1.3 stable ROM would not run TuneIn Radio app (worked again in 10.2). If the phone was locked with the camera running in 10.1.3, it would freeze the phone and require a battery pull or hard power-off. Both problems gone in this build.
  • GPS is quicker to initialize than in either 10.1 or 10.2, and the strange pointer problems in 10.2 are gone. (new Gapps version for Kitkat)
  • Bluetooth wakes up and pairs much more quickly with OBD automobile port and Monoprice audio adapters. The Monoprice device would not pair at all in 10.2.
  • This ROM hasn't frozen once in five days (nightlies for the P930 appear to be suspended as the result of an incompatibility in a recently merged patch. Hope that gets fixed.)

The only major problem with CM 11 is that 1080p video recording is broken in 11. (I did not try it in 10.x)

Reactions: Truepeace

wistlo

Nov 28, 2010
New Orleans
[SOLVED] video playblack on 20140113 broken

Video playback of 720p MP4 recorded on p930 is broken in 20140118 nightly. Gallery app reports "can't play this video".

I am reverting to 20140113.

1080p video recording not working in any CM 11s to date (longstanding issue).

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

UPDATE 2012-01-27: THE 20140126 Nightly plays video normally.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390087523779.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390087523779.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions: chortiman

bumbum.droid

Jan 17, 2013
somewhere in a forest
I have cm-11-20140113-NIGHTLY-p930.zip running and it's the best CM ROM yet on my P930. Specifically:

• with hardware overlay turned off, the camera works again on 3rd party apps (with the exception of Yelp!, which seems to flip the orientation but not the control or image sizing). Barcode scanner and Skype work well. This was a 10.2 problem.
  • The 10.1.3 stable ROM would not run TuneIn Radio app (worked again in 10.2). If the phone was locked with the camera running in 10.1.3, it would freeze the phone and require a battery pull or hard power-off. Both problems gone in this build.
  • GPS is quicker to initialize than in either 10.1 or 10.2, and the strange pointer problems in 10.2 are gone. (new Gapps version for Kitkat)
  • Bluetooth wakes up and pairs much more quickly with OBD automobile port and Monoprice audio adapters. The Monoprice device would not pair at all in 10.2.
  • This ROM hasn't frozen once in five days (nightlies for the P930 appear to be suspended as the result of an incompatibility in a recently merged patch. Hope that gets fixed.)

The only major problem with CM 11 is that 1080p video recording is broken in 11. (I did not try it in 10.x)

That was the ROM I used. Result:

... Had a freeze in less than 24hrs.

So it seems stability is app/device dependant.

Last edited:

wistlo

Nov 28, 2010
New Orleans
Device dependency

That was the ROM I used. Result:

So it seems stability is app/device dependant.

Absolutely device dependent, I suspect. On my device, Wind 2.5 in 10.1 would crash during boot-up or soon after. I tried alternate kernels that allowed overclocking, and my particular P930 seems unhappy and anything past 1512 Mhz.

I also use SetCPU and keep the bottom at all times at 384, never allowing 192. On some apps, I just peg it at 1512 (using Profiles feature of SetCPU).

I have had a couple of black-screen failure-to-wake freezes, but I've always had those.

One thing that has NOT happened in CM 11 is a freeze when rapidly scrolling. Before CM 11, I always had to be careful not to scroll too quickly or too soon after switching into an app (especially the NYTimes app).

Video playback still broken on 20140120, I'm back at 20140113 again.

punk_zappa

Mar 15, 2012
I have to agree to the stability of this ROM. As long as this gives me enough juice to last a day together with the camera, BT, GPS and can make texts and phone calls I am happy. I was considering going back to stock just to get away from the random reboots and BSODs

One issue that I noticed from day one was the wifi was about 60% of the battery consumption. Other ROMs were ok without touching the "advanced" option of wifi but this one I had set to "never" and consumption is now behaving accordingly.

Today, while it was charging and someone sent me a message it just froze. Had to long press the power button to kill the screen.

I can't seem to get the Battery Percentage (Percent Enabler) app to work. I rebooted but it didn't show.

I played around with an Xperia ARC and NOTE1 and our phone seems to be one of the hardest to have a stable ROM.

Trialz Nexus One

Jul 2, 2012
Is there still the sdcard issue that prevents Carbuzz from installing. I have not tried any recent nightly but two weeks ago, could not install carbuzz, barcode scanner app was wonky and there were BSOD. I agree with the previous post that our device despite having the same components as other handsets seems to be a real challenge to get to a stable Rom. I am happy that the devs have not forgotten us though.

Sent from my LG-P936

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Biggest Problems

I've had the pull down menu issue several times. Another issue that has come up a few times is the phone will crash and when I reset it, the wifi details have all disappeared and I have to re-enter every wifi password and network. On a few other occasions, the phone has crashed and when it comes back on, the background image has been reset. And lastly just the other day, after a crash, all of my "on device" music from the Google Play Music app was erased and had to be re-downloaded. Ugh. There are so many stability issues with the latest nightlies that I can't go six hours without a crash. It really sucks.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

I've had the pull down menu issue several times. Another issue that has come up a few times is the phone will crash and when I reset it, the wifi details have all disappeared and I have to re-enter every wifi password and network. On a few other occasions, the phone has crashed and when it comes back on, the background image has been reset. And lastly just the other day, after a crash, all of my "on device" music from the Google Play Music app was erased and had to be re-downloaded. Ugh. There are so many stability issues with the latest nightlies that I can't go six hours without a crash. It really sucks.

I also forgot to mention that the camera app takes about 30-45 seconds to take a picture (it's only been doing this for about a month or so). Other apps like Camera MX take pictures much faster, but you can't see what you are taking a picture of. It is a black screen, until you snap the picture.
    At last with today's nightly 1080p video recording works with the default application! Remember to clear data of the photo application if you are installing from a previous version!
    Let's see if the lagging is also decreased.
    but I still have the problem that SIM card not recognized... CM11 is not usable for me:(

You can flash v30D baseband and it'll be good to go.

btw, is the auto-rotation bug fixed in recent nightly?
    10.1.3 stable *does* have a Wind kernel for it. But let's keep the discussion about CM11 here!

My bad, I was thinking 10.2 :silly:

Have you tried reducing the Max Layers setting in build.prop as a more permanent (yet hopefully still just temporary) workaround, since Disable HW Overlays doesn't stick on reboot? Curious if that still works in 4.4