[Wallpapers] Free Wallpapers for WP7 - Regular and Transparent Galleries

Search This thread

sure haven't

Feb 5, 2009
Oh boy if you're taking requests, could I ask for a nice bold basic WP7 one? Like maybe the wp7 logo where snake eyes is?

jh20001

Oct 21, 2007
www.animevortex.net
any of these
http://thechive.com/2011/01/17/you-asked-for-it-you-got-it-emma-stone-in-hq-22-photos/

PLEASE!!!

But if its too much work then i understand :D

these ones are just mind blowing as it is

edit:

oh just saw the emma watson one

Stone > Watson wouldnt you say :p

idk, I think Watson blows her away in both beauty and intelligence. Watson is a smart girl and absolutely breathtaking (not just in appearance but most importantly personality). So she wins for me. A girl has to be smart and amazing on the inside.

Don't get me wrong...Emma Stone is gorgeous but I know nothing about her personality off camera. Also (sorry Stone) I think her looks are temporary. She seems like one that only has this flare while she is young but the second she hits her late 20's+ she isn't going to look so nice.

I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

EDIT:::
I even added a nice soft halo around her body for ya heh.

Trans-EmmaStone.png

Hi,

Could any of you please let me know how to make a picture transparent like this.

Do you requires some specific software for this.

Photoshop, png format, no bg, editing images to remove objects and transparency settings.

Oh boy if you're taking requests, could I ask for a nice bold basic WP7 one? Like maybe the wp7 logo where snake eyes is?

Sure, I'll see what time allows.

EDIT:: Done. See first post. 3x new WP's added.

Last edited:

jh20001

Oct 21, 2007
www.animevortex.net
Oi,

I added the above wallpapers and then some. Check out the first post for some nice Crysis ones and more. I'll add more as ideas come in or appear in my mind or when time demands :D

benedikt92

Dec 5, 2010
Yes it only works when you start to move your finger on the slide because WP7 blacks out the home screen when the lock screen is fully dropped. The second you start to slide up or down the home screen should appear in the BG.

Is there any workarround? maybe a registry key which prevents WP7 from blacking out the homescreen when the phone is locked?

Bradbereal

Mar 30, 2011
I modified one...I feel like it flowed better :D Except I could not get mine to look as HD as yours for some reason? oh well I may try a few more and see what I can do!

Attachments

• Trans-Nintendo2.jpg
    Trans-Nintendo2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

jh20001

Oct 21, 2007
www.animevortex.net
Ok guys, biggest update yet! Collection had more than doubled with the additional of about 32 new anime-based wallpapers as well as more video game related.

shamreez

May 30, 2008
bristol
Hi Man,

I tried to make some myself but failed miserably..
I try to make a picture transparent and it works fine.

I mail it to my gmail id and when I open the pic in gmail it is still fine

But when I save the pic to the phone or select the option set this pic as wallpaper I can see the background.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong.

Also it would be great if you could create a video of making these in youtube

Cheers

munkeyphyst

Mar 9, 2011
Chicago
Hi Man,

I tried to make some myself but failed miserably..

I try to make a picture transparent and it works fine.

I mail it to my gmail id and when I open the pic in gmail it is still fine

But when I save the pic to the phone or select the option set this pic as wallpaper I can see the background.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong.

Also it would be great if you could create a video of making these in youtube

Cheers

My experience has shown that I can not save the file to my phone. I have to set it as wallpaper from the email in order for the transparency to stick. I think once it is saved to the phone, the .png file is converted and loses the transparency.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

munkeyphyst

Mar 9, 2011
Chicago
To clarify, I can save the files to my phone, but once I do, the transparency is lost

jh20001

Oct 21, 2007
www.animevortex.net
My experience has shown that I can not save the file to my phone. I have to set it as wallpaper from the email in order for the transparency to stick. I think once it is saved to the phone, the .png file is converted and loses the transparency.

This is correct. Make sure to read the instructions in either the first post or my blog (where the link leads). When you open the email, and then the attachment...you set it to wallpaper at this point. Do not save it to your phone else your phone tries to convert it to jpeg. So click on the attachment to view the image...that is when you hit the menu options and save to desktop.

As for the guy asking for the BMW one, sure. I'll throw put one together and toss it up today.
Edit: 3 new WP's added, including 2 BMW's. One of which I added to my phone because I love their concept "vision" car, and it looks cool on the phone ^^

ALSO EDIT: Thanks to the feature suggestion made by Big D5 (wpcentral), I have reworked it so that you can share straight to your phone from the gallery (once you click on an image and it pops up, you can press and hold the mid-section of the image and choose "share"). Now you view the gallery from your phone and even email to yourself as an attachment while your at it. Note: obviously you don't want to choose "save image" as doing this will convert it causing it to lose it's transparent properties.

Last edited:

jh20001

Oct 21, 2007
www.animevortex.net
OMMMMGGGG the BMW Car Vision is superb!!! also the BMW logo.. Thankkkksss!!!!

I have some more coming up but might not have time to work on them until Monday. Maybe tomorrow to knock a few out, but I am swamped with projects right now.

Also there was talk that the client who funded it all via donation might fund it some more for some alternative options as well as more of these. Depending on how it works out, I might be able to bring in another designer as well to pump out even more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I cooked up some wallpapers for WP7 and WP8+ lock screen and wanted to share them.

There are two sections now to choose from. Regular and Transparent. Each have their own instructions so I have included it all.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Regular Wallpapers: http://www.animevortex.net/blog/thesaint/windows-phone-7-wallpaper-gallery

Instructions: Simply save them to your phone by viewing the page from your phone or from your PC using zune sync or email, as you would do any other normal wallpapers.

Transparent Wallpapers: http://www.animevortex.net/blog/thesaint/general/free-transparent-wallpapers-for-windows-phone-7-wp7 (WP7 only!)

Instructions: To set one as your wallpaper you must save the image to your PC. Send your an email from your PC to your cellphone with the image attached. Once the email/attachment has been loaded, click to open the attachment. Touch and hold the screen until the menu pops up. Set as your wallpaper and your ready to go!

Note: Mango update and newer (including WP8+) do(es) not support transparent wallpapers.

I can't always guarantee that I can come through with every request but I will try when I can :) Most of the wallpapers were actually sponsored by donations so it helped. The rest I have to dabble with on my free time.

Update 04/22/2011 - Ok guys, biggest update yet! Collection had more than doubled with the additional of about 32 new anime-based wallpapers as well as more video game related.

Update 04/27/2011 - Thanks to the feature suggestion made by Big D5 (wpcentral), I have reworked it so that you can share straight to your phone from the gallery (once you click on an image and it pops up, you can press and hold the mid-section of the image and choose "share"). Now you view the gallery from your phone and even email to yourself as an attachment while your at it. Note: obviously you don't want to choose "save image" as doing this will convert it causing it to lose it's transparent properties.

Update 05/07/2011 - I added a regular gallery of non-transparent images, as well as added more images in both galleries.

Update 09/09/2011 - Added the new collection of Conan Wallpapers (non-trans), also available in their own gallery here with collection zip: Conan Wallpaper Collection for WP7
    nice

Thnx works fine!

here is one from me (bagground have transparency, theres a white glow around her, only visible on the phones black background)

s7ylersGirl2.png
    Hello can you make just a blank transparent background with nothing on it? thanx

Done. You will find it in the gallery. Should show up as the very first option.

Quality :)

If your still doing request's would it be ok to get some good Fable 3 Wallpapers :D i got a nice one from another poster on here but doesn't hurt too have more right ? :p

I was thinking maybe one using this guy:

Royal_Guard-B.Industrial.png

I am limited on time for the moment as our team will be working on graphics for Billboard Awards for the next two weeks. I will add it to the list for as soon as I have time :)