XDA Android App - Problems / Bugs / Feature Requests etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Although I'm nothing todo with the XDA Android Tapa-talk based app - I thought it was about time we had a single thread for all discussions making it easier for the powers that be to monitor and give feedback via.

Feel free to ask questions about it's use and report any faults you find. You can also ask for new features, but I cannot promise they will ever be delivered.

N.B. The mods will be merging questions about the app into here from the "About" forum also.

So, have at it...

[Insert witty picture here]

Dave

tdhammer

Dec 27, 2009
Pittsford, NY
FC when logging in?

On my HTC Eris (2.1 stock; rooted), I can read forums fine, but as soon as I try to login to search or post, the app FCs. I have uninstalled/re-installed, cleared cache, etc., But can not get rid of the problem. It did work initially.

Has anyone else seen this or anything similar?

Thanks!

Reactions: mudwrestler

ianm

Dec 28, 2004
Manchester
The Tapa Talk based app seems to work well other than a minor bug I've noticed. It appears the Desire Q&A forum is missing in the HTC Desire section. At a guess it may be a bug in the Tapa Talk software dealing with the ampersand in the forum name.

themacroe

Apr 15, 2010
www.datpiff.com
Hello I was in hope of an update that can give settings options to auto hide the dock at the top i have an HD2 running Android and it would be great if i was able to use my whole screen versus a fraction of it due to the Android status bar and the fixed menu options at the top

Attachments

• CAP201012080017_edit0.jpg
    CAP201012080017_edit0.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 3,681
  • CAP201012080025.jpg
    CAP201012080025.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 3,667

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello I was in hope of an update that can give settings options to auto hide the dock at the top i have an HD2 running Android and it would be great if i was able to use my whole screen versus a fraction of it due to the Android status bar and the fixed menu options at the top

I like this idea.

We're working on a premium ad-free version of the app. It might take a while, but maybe not. This is a good example of a feature that would be included.

ianm

Dec 28, 2004
Manchester
The Tapa Talk based app seems to work well other than a minor bug I've noticed. It appears the Desire Q&A forum is missing in the HTC Desire section. At a guess it may be a bug in the Tapa Talk software dealing with the ampersand in the forum name.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but just noticed what is causing this. Must have favourited the Desire forum before the Q&A forum was added so never seem to see it while accessing via favourites.

However, if I access it via the main forum lists it appears fine.

Workaround seems to be to remove favourites and re-add them if any new sub-forums are added.

Reactions: out of control

hdpaddy

Nov 12, 2010
Rotterdam
xdaforums.com
Hello,

Don't know if this issue is known here on the forum, if so my apologies and you can move this reply.

Working on Desire HD, i can't seem to save my favorites.
XDAapp is installed fine, I can login, then i can save a favorite, but when i close the app and open it again, my favorite is gone.
I've tried to install the app again, but this won't help.
Any1 have a solution?

Nevermind,
after reinstalling the app twice again it worked.

Last edited:

TeCH-Guruz

Feb 17, 2009
Salford
Not got a phone at the minute so cant test the app for a few days to check if the feature is already there but how about 2 version or at least 2 themes 1 for lcd screens (light version) and 1 for amole screen (dark version) just to help save on battery life as we all know lcd performs better with light colours and amoled performs better with dark colours.

epods_one

Dec 19, 2006
Getting "XDA App" without using Android Market?

This is not a "bug" or "feature request", however, I'm following various development efforts here in XDA land and would love to have the XDA App on a Android 2.2 Tablet that does not have access to the Market!

Why is the latest version of the "XDA App for Android" not available as a simple download somewhere on this website?

I found an old 0.9 version that has problems and would like to get (and keep) the latest and greatest verion on my Tablet!

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide...

Regards.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
That's a fair idea :)

Though it's tempting to ask why you don't just make the market work on the device and install from there :p

But still, good idea

This is not a "bug" or "feature request", however, I'm following various development efforts here in XDA land and would love to have the XDA App on a Android 2.2 Tablet that does not have access to the Market!

Why is the latest version of the "XDA App for Android" not available as a simple download somewhere on this website?

I found an old 0.9 version that has problems and would like to get (and keep) the latest and greatest verion on my Tablet!

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide...

Regards.

KarlosTheJackal

Oct 23, 2010
Redditch
Got a strange bug that no matter how many times i Re-install the app it just doesn't go away.

Basicly it started happening randomly the other day (worked fine for a while) and know when ever I search for anything the app FC's.

I've tried re-installing & even wiped my phone back to stock but still the same thing happens every time. :(

Any advice?

Reactions: nilhem

KarlosTheJackal

Oct 23, 2010
Redditch
Got a strange bug that no matter how many times i Re-install the app it just doesn't go away.

Basicly it started happening randomly the other day (worked fine for a while) and know when ever I search for anything the app FC's.

I've tried re-installing & even wiped my phone back to stock but still the same thing happens every time. :(

Any advice?

I've just checked with my friends Desire HD & his does the same! To replicate the fault do the following.

*Open the app
*Once loaded press the "Search" button on your phone.
*Search for something

That's pretty much it, as soon as you press enter it FC's. Ill see if i can dig about more & find out why it is doing this & if there is a work around!

nabicat

Mar 6, 2008
I found myself using it all the time. It's a very handy app for keeping current. Unfortunately, I can't find a way of navigating to the "Legacy" phones section, so it no longer shows the forum I was reading.

KarlosTheJackal

Oct 23, 2010
Redditch
I've just checked with my friends Desire HD & his does the same! To replicate the fault do the following.

*Open the app
*Once loaded press the "Search" button on your phone.
*Search for something

That's pretty much it, as soon as you press enter it FC's. Ill see if i can dig about more & find out why it is doing this & if there is a work around!

I have found a work around & I now know which phones this effects.

This problem only seams to effect new UK HTC Phones like the Desire Z & HD (Not 100% sure if its just UK phones but that is all I have to work with). It does not matter which rom its on as it effects all roms (must be something to do with the hardware!)

There is a work around that allows you to search & this is it:

1) Once the app is running click on the "More Info" tab
2) Click back onto the "Latest" tab
3) Press the search button & search as normal

I belive its something to do with the hardware of the Desire Z/HD. Maybe its not allowing the xda app to open our account thus not allowing us to search so when accessing the "More Info" tab it allows the phone to access our account? Just a theory though!

Hope this helps someone! I'm just happy that I can know search XDA on my phone! XD

Sent from my Desire Z on Stock 2.2 (No Sense)

adfrad

Dec 9, 2003
FC on Advent Vega

I've just started using the App on a Advent Vega (Android 2.2)

If I click on the favourites tab, I can log on and see my favourite forums listed. I can then open up the forums, but as soon as I click on a thread, I get a FC.
If I don't log on, I can access the threads with no problems.
I have tried this on my Desire, but there are no issues with that device.
If you need any more info, please let me know.

Adfrad

TubbyHamster

Sep 24, 2008
Derby, UK
www.fictionchris.com
I've just started using the App on a Advent Vega (Android 2.2)

If I click on the favourites tab, I can log on and see my favourite forums listed. I can then open up the forums, but as soon as I click on a thread, I get a FC.
If I don't log on, I can access the threads with no problems.
I have tried this on my Desire, but there are no issues with that device.
If you need any more info, please let me know.

Adfrad

I have exactly the same problem on the Advent Vega, previous versions of the XDA app were more stable but for some reason didn't bring in my favourited forums. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although I'm nothing todo with the XDA Android Tapa-talk based app - I thought it was about time we had a single thread for all discussions making it easier for the powers that be to monitor and give feedback via.

Feel free to ask questions about it's use and report any faults you find. You can also ask for new features, but I cannot promise they will ever be delivered.

N.B. The mods will be merging questions about the app into here from the "About" forum also.

So, have at it...

[Insert witty picture here]

Dave
    As mentioned by others, XDA are working on there own mobile app (getting away from Crapatalk) as well as a mobile version of XDA. These are probably higher up the priority list right now, but an update to the existing XDA app will be coming out soon
    Just a bit of a status update:

We had a meeting with Tapatalk last week and are preparing an update for the app that will fix the freezes and also give multiple choices for themes.

--------------------
    Sent from the my rooted Galaxy S III using Verizon's fast LTE network.
    I'm currently rebuilding the search index which knocks the "Participated threads" tab offline in the app. It will be back as soon as the reindex is done.
    XDA/Tapatalk apps are down atm. Server admin working on fixing this asap

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!