[Q] New Phone Queries

Search This thread

Arogance1

Oct 14, 2010
I got the M8 yesterday, but I have a few queries.

Where is the gallery / photo album widget? I had one on the HOX.

When I plug in a set of headphones that have a single button on the mic, what are the button combos?
I was hoping to press once to hang up calls, and use it to control the music player (one click to pause/play, two to skip tracks)
Can you change what button controls are?

radiotrib

Jan 19, 2007
Den Haag
I got the M8 yesterday, but I have a few queries.

Where is the gallery / photo album widget? I had one on the HOX.

When I plug in a set of headphones that have a single button on the mic, what are the button combos?
I was hoping to press once to hang up calls, and use it to control the music player (one click to pause/play, two to skip tracks)
Can you change what button controls are?

Change the default ordering on the App Drawer to Alphabetical and look for Gallery. If It's a WWE you'll find it. If it's carrier branded I've no idea whether it's installed or not .. sorry

Headphones ?? ... I don't want to sound corny, but did you know that there's a downloadable full user guide on the HTC support site to supplement the Quick Start guide you got in the box. It says so on the front page of the Quick Start guide ...

Here's the link to it ... http://dl4.htc.com/web_materials/Manual/HTC_One_M8/HTC_One_M8_User_Guide.pdf ... dunno if it has anything about the ear buds but I hope it does

<later edit>Nope ... 200 pages and nothing about earphone control!! but trying it out ...

In all cases
Single click to kill phone call if in progress otherwise ..

Single click to pause/play current track
Double click in music - select next track

Double click outside of music - Last number recall

At the lock screen
long hold brings up voice dialer

Not at the Lock Screen
Long hold Google Voice Control

Hope that helped .. I ran out of ideas after trying all those

Last edited:

Arogance1

Oct 14, 2010
Change the default ordering on the App Drawer to Alphabetical and look for Gallery. If It's a WWE you'll find it. If it's carrier branded I've no idea whether it's installed or not .. sorry

Headphones ?? ... I don't want to sound corny, but did you know that there's a downloadable full user guide on the HTC support site to supplement the Quick Start guide you got in the box. It says so on the front page of the Quick Start guide ...

Here's the link to it ... http://dl4.htc.com/web_materials/Manual/HTC_One_M8/HTC_One_M8_User_Guide.pdf ... dunno if it has anything about the ear buds but I hope it does

<later edit>Nope ... 200 pages and nothing about earphone control!! but trying it out ...

In all cases
Single click to kill phone call if in progress otherwise ..

Single click to pause/play current track
Double click in music - select next track

Double click outside of music - Last number recall

At the lock screen
long hold brings up voice dialer

Not at the Lock Screen
Long hold Google Voice Control

Hope that helped .. I ran out of ideas after trying all those

Its not the gallery app I'm after, its the widget so I can have a picture on one of my tabs that I can scroll through when I want.

Also, Single click didn't end current call.
In Music, single click seemed to go back a track, double click skipped a track.

I may end up getting the Headset Button Controller app again

radiotrib

Jan 19, 2007
Den Haag
Its not the gallery app I'm after, its the widget so I can have a picture on one of my tabs that I can scroll through when I want.

Also, Single click didn't end current call.
In Music, single click seemed to go back a track, double click skipped a track.

I may end up getting the Headset Button Controller app again

Hmmm interesting ... I found all that by trial and error and it seemed to work predictably for me ... Ah well .. sorry I couldn't help more ... good luck