[Q] Is it worth buying the phone now?

Search This thread

Turmnippel

May 11, 2013
So I searched for a partner for my nexus 7(2013) , all I wanted is a cheap small smartphone with a keyboard and an oled display mainly for chatting and listening to music.
Are there any good custom roms with active display(and locksreen notifications) ? It doesn't matter if the android version is a bit older...
And how long does the battery last?
Thanks in advance!

Androide3

Nov 26, 2012
I recommend a Samsung galaxy relay 4g if you want a smartphone with qwerty...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Turmnippel

Turmnippel

May 11, 2013
Anyone from Germany(/Europe) who has this phone?
Or anyone who knows where to buy a phone only sold in USA?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

Makshow

Jun 10, 2013
Kharkov
Don't know something about galaxy relay, but captivate glide is solid phone. There are Android 4.4 roms that support active display and lockscreen notifications (PAC and gtsarav's CM 11 edition). Very stable, minimum issues (Bluetooth headset is not working, Skype calls too, but there's workaround for second). Battery life is 5-6 hours of active web surfing, 3-4 hours of active gaming. In other words, it will last a day. I have spare battery for emergencies. OLED screen is a battery eater though.
I'm from Ukraine, bought this phone a bit used for a 1/4 price of galaxy S4 and totally satisfied.

Last edited:

Androide3

Nov 26, 2012
Check the galaxy relay forums here on xda

Turmnippel

May 11, 2013
Don't know something about galaxy relay, but captivate glide is solid phone. There are Android 4.4 roms that support active display and lockscreen notifications (PAC and gtsarav's CM 11 edition). Very stable, minimum issues (Bluetooth headset is not working, Skype calls too, but there's workaround for second). Battery life is 5-6 hours of active web surfing, 3-4 hours of active gaming. In other words, it will last a day. I have spare battery for emergencies. OLED screen is a battery eater though.
I'm from Ukraine, bought this phone a bit used for a 1/4 price of galaxy S4 and totally satisfied.

Where did you buy it? how expensive was shipping?

Makshow

Jun 10, 2013
Kharkov
As I said, I bought it used, so it was from the auction-type market like ebay (in Ukraine it called aukro.ua ). Shipping cost was minimal (2$) because the phone was already in my country. The previous user travelled with the phone from USA, it seems. Maybe, I just was lucky.

JohnTheHero

Apr 2, 2011

And what about missed calls problem? What baseband and rom are you using?

Where did you buy it? how expensive was shipping?

You can buy i927 on polish analog of eBay - allegro.pl, but I'm not sure if they ship to other countries, you would have to ask. Price is about 200$ + 10$ shipping (might be expensive to ship abroad)

EDIT: At least one of sellers agrees to ship abroad and BTW allegro and aukro have same owner.
EDIT2: after reading comments i think they are shipping from china so it might take up to 2-months to ship it to you, so you should search for another shop.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Makshow

Jun 10, 2013
Kharkov
Never had a problem with missed calls. Currently used latest CM 11 by bubor. Never flashed baseband specifically, so assume it's default one.
BTW, I bought it for 175$ a year ago. Of course, it was bit used one, but 200$ for this phone now is overpriced, I guess. Just looked at aukro and found a new captivate glide for 150$ with free shipping to Ukraine from China.

Last edited:

bubor

Feb 7, 2013
And what about missed calls problem? What baseband and rom are you using?

You can buy i927 on polish analog of eBay - allegro.pl, but I'm not sure if they ship to other countries, you would have to ask. Price is about 200$ + 10$ shipping (might be expensive to ship abroad)

EDIT: At least one of sellers agrees to ship abroad and BTW allegro and aukro have same owner.
EDIT2: after reading comments i think they are shipping from china so it might take up to 2-months to ship it to you, so you should search for another shop.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app
maybe http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...glide&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20140604113249 cheaper.

bubor

Feb 7, 2013
I don't trust this site ... there are reviews of it that say the products which were bought from there didn't arrive at all..

There are negative feedback on ebay too, so dont you trust ebay either?
You pay to aliexpress, and it releases your money to seller, when you click "received item".

Turmnippel

May 11, 2013
There are negative feedback on ebay too, so dont you trust ebay either?
You pay to aliexpress, and it releases your money to seller, when you click "received item".

it's not actually the site I have a problem with. The sellers don't have good ratings and reviews, and I didn't say ebay is trustworthy either... I just dont understand why they are all coming from china, and there are many people who didn't get refunds or even the products from the site

Maybe I'll wait until I or a friend of mine are in the Usa, I just don't wanna get ripped

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro

Yes.. I live in Germany and have and can recommend the Glide :cool:
Works like a charme for me (based on sediROM v1.0)

I bought it on eBay in the US. Well even it is a risc but paid via PayPal and choosed the fastest shipment to get it in paypal protection time.

I do not know this seller here (I bought from another one) but you could take a look on this (eypecially the user rating ;) ):
hxxp://ebay.com/itm/Samsung-SGH-I927-Captivate-Glide-8MP-Black-AT-T-Android-4G-Keyboard-Smartphone-/301011731256?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4615b28338 (replace the hxxp with http - sorry for that but XDA does not allow links for me)
if the above do not work search for the eBay item# 301011731256

You have other options like that of course when the seller do not deliver to Germany (the above does). You can use a import company which is very easy and not so expensive as one may thought. I haven't used that one here yet but I may need it in the next weeks to import a LG Optimus F3Q (nice phone but that is for my wife - I'm happy with the Glide). Take a look on them - again without any warranty but they seem to be trustworthy: borderlinx (as said sorry cannot paste direct URL)

You only need to ensure(!) that the package has a correct invoice available on the outer site(!) because otherwise it will get complicated at the duty!!!!

I bought it for 150 US $ plus 60 US $ delivery costs (sigh) plus (I believe) 20-30 € for duty
If you want to have a current Android phone with physical keyboard and you can live without special Umlauts keys that phone is the best IMO.

Regards
xdajog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recommend a Samsung galaxy relay 4g if you want a smartphone with qwerty...

Yes.. I live in Germany and have and can recommend the Glide :cool:
    Works like a charme for me (based on sediROM v1.0)

I bought it on eBay in the US. Well even it is a risc but paid via PayPal and choosed the fastest shipment to get it in paypal protection time.

I do not know this seller here (I bought from another one) but you could take a look on this (eypecially the user rating ;) ):
    hxxp://ebay.com/itm/Samsung-SGH-I927-Captivate-Glide-8MP-Black-AT-T-Android-4G-Keyboard-Smartphone-/301011731256?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4615b28338 (replace the hxxp with http - sorry for that but XDA does not allow links for me)
    if the above do not work search for the eBay item# 301011731256

You have other options like that of course when the seller do not deliver to Germany (the above does). You can use a import company which is very easy and not so expensive as one may thought. I haven't used that one here yet but I may need it in the next weeks to import a LG Optimus F3Q (nice phone but that is for my wife - I'm happy with the Glide). Take a look on them - again without any warranty but they seem to be trustworthy: borderlinx (as said sorry cannot paste direct URL)

You only need to ensure(!) that the package has a correct invoice available on the outer site(!) because otherwise it will get complicated at the duty!!!!

I bought it for 150 US $ plus 60 US $ delivery costs (sigh) plus (I believe) 20-30 € for duty
    If you want to have a current Android phone with physical keyboard and you can live without special Umlauts keys that phone is the best IMO.

Regards
    xdajog