XDA Android App - Problems / Bugs / Feature Requests etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

justauser

Feb 28, 2006
fc on gtablet

I loaded this on my Viewsonic gtablet. I am getting various forced closes reading forums/posts. If it helps, landscape more.

MatejZ

Dec 28, 2010
hi,

I'm new here .. I'm searching in this forum, where can I ask or find a solution for my android app?

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
Can someone help me figure out how to get the app to start on the first page of a thread?

I have it running on my Epic, and when I click on a thread, I am taken to the very last page of the topic. I'd like to be taken to the first page of the topic to start reading, or since this is where most change logs are posted on ROMS, it makes sense.

I thought there would be a way to change it, but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated as i'd like to start at the beginning of a topic and not the end. :)

IndyRoadie

Aug 1, 2010
When I press the 'Participated' tab it says "this forum has disabled tapitalk, please contact the forums administrator"

...yet obviously it is working otherwise, lol.

Sent from my Floyo Tazz Eris using XDA App

missparker76

Dec 7, 2008
Paris
Can someone help me figure out how to get the app to start on the first page of a thread?

I have it running on my Epic, and when I click on a thread, I am taken to the very last page of the topic. I'd like to be taken to the first page of the topic to start reading, or since this is where most change logs are posted on ROMS, it makes sense.

I thought there would be a way to change it, but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated as i'd like to start at the beginning of a topic and not the end. :)

Same problem on my phone. Or you're taken to the first page but not to the 1st post on threads you've never read. It would be better to be taken to the first unread post.

I have another feature request: would it be possible to add a "Mark all as read" option in the menu like in RSS applications? It would be so useful! For the moment if you don't click on a thread you cannot differentiate updated threads and threads that were already downloaded.

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
A new Q&A subforum has been added to the Epic 4G subforum yet the new Q&A section does now show up in tapatalk or the XDA app.

Thanks

Tarheel

Aug 6, 2008
Mexicali, Baja California
app does not open

I have an HTC HD2 running android and I cannot get the xda app to open screen comes up then I get the dreaded circling wait cursor forever I have installed and uninstalled more times than I can count
please help

missparker76

Dec 7, 2008
Paris
Just curious to know if any of you have noticed their battery drain faster with XDA App? :confused:
I've installed 2 applications yesterday (the other one is Llama) and today I noticed that my battery drained (much) faster.
I was suspecting Llama first but now my feeling is that it's XDA app that makes my battery die so fast. XDA app is currently using 33% of my CPU.

THC85

Sep 20, 2010
Getting errors and fc's when trying to view forums on my x10i rooted with jit enabled:confused:

Darksurf

Mar 15, 2010
I don't know if this has already been requested, but can there be a thanx option/button for the xda app?

twvance

Jan 8, 2011
Athens, Georgia
1. Search results should open to the original post
2. A 'search this thread' option is needed

On a personal note: I'm having trouble keeping a stable connection through the app on WiFi, but my browser and everything else runs fine on the WiFi. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Captivate running Serendipity 2.0

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although I'm nothing todo with the XDA Android Tapa-talk based app - I thought it was about time we had a single thread for all discussions making it easier for the powers that be to monitor and give feedback via.

Feel free to ask questions about it's use and report any faults you find. You can also ask for new features, but I cannot promise they will ever be delivered.

N.B. The mods will be merging questions about the app into here from the "About" forum also.

So, have at it...

[Insert witty picture here]

Dave
    As mentioned by others, XDA are working on there own mobile app (getting away from Crapatalk) as well as a mobile version of XDA. These are probably higher up the priority list right now, but an update to the existing XDA app will be coming out soon
    Just a bit of a status update:

We had a meeting with Tapatalk last week and are preparing an update for the app that will fix the freezes and also give multiple choices for themes.

--------------------
    Sent from the my rooted Galaxy S III using Verizon's fast LTE network.
    I'm currently rebuilding the search index which knocks the "Participated threads" tab offline in the app. It will be back as soon as the reindex is done.
    XDA/Tapatalk apps are down atm. Server admin working on fixing this asap

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!