FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Back up DRM Keys & unlock/relock Bootloader (Noob proof)

1,534 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,159

By zxz0O0, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2014, 11:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I managed to root my Z1C with that guide, though I had to try the install.bat for the recovery multiple times (not your fault, of course) and it was irritating that the screen stays black during the flashing steps. At first I thought that I messed something up.

I ran into another problem and it's woth mentioning: The recovery refused to boot my 64GB microSD formatted with exFAT. It works flawlessly in Android, but recovery didn't like it. I had one 8GB FAT-formatted lying around and with that there was no problem.

I don't know if 64GB or exFAT was the problem, but it's worth mentioning in the guide, I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to XQC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XQC Ad-Free
10th February 2014, 12:00 PM |#12  
Flag JÄRNA
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQC

I managed to root my Z1C with that guide, though I had to try the install.bat for the recovery multiple times (not your fault, of course) and it was irritating that the screen stays black during the flashing steps. At first I thought that I messed something up.

I ran into another problem and it's woth mentioning: The recovery refused to boot my 64GB microSD formatted with exFAT. It works flawlessly in Android, but recovery didn't like it. I had one 8GB FAT-formatted lying around and with that there was no problem.

I don't know if 64GB or exFAT was the problem, but it's worth mentioning in the guide, I guess.

i tried like 10 times and got the picture i added in my last post ?

i used this ( Z1C-lockeddualrecovery2.7.85-BETA.installer.zip )
10th February 2014, 12:31 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph84

[..]

a) "Install fastboot & flashmode drivers from Flashtool"
Depending on the operating System (for me: Windows 8.1 x64), Driver Signature check needs to be disabled in order to do that.

b) Zips to SD-Card: It's worth pointing out that "put it on your SD Card" literarilly means "Copy the ZIP to the root of your SD Card". I wasn't sure (should I unzip it? What to do with it?)

c) It would make sense to add the flashing instructions before the "flash..." statement.
I was smart enough to read the full instructions, yet I can imagine some people to read "flash C6903 (...)"... okay. Click flash, continue reading: "select Wipe [Uncheck ALL]" oh no!

d) "Run Z1C-lockeddualrecovery(...)installer.zip's install.bat"
In order to do that, you need adb-tools (the bat would just throw "File not found" errors), possibly also extract the content of the ZIP to the ADB-Tools directory (that's what I did).

e) "Now format /system"
Afraid to do the wrong thing, I read this six times and checked Darkimmortals instructions "Factory reset and clear for rom installation" [this appeared a bit more clear]
The actual steps are called
1: "Wipe Data/Factory Reset"
2: "Clean to Install a New ROM"

[...]

Thanks for your suggestions. You are right, the rooting process is almost the same as Darkimmortals (same method). I added some steps though and tried to make it more clear.
a) Thanks for that. I'll add it to the first post.
b) Added, thanks.
c) Don't really agree with that, it should be common sense to read one whole step.
d) Actually you don't have to install anything. The needed files are inside the folder files/
e) The steps in the recovery menu are called Mounts & Storage -> format /system and Wipe Data/Factory Reset -> Wipe Data/Factory Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhizors

Hey.

I fixed it, but still have problem, after step 11. when i should start the phone, its all black, i cant se anything on screen.

I guess it should be black, next problem.

When installing the lockeddualrecovery it copies the files, and then step 2 back to promt. ?

It's not installing root correctly. Which OS are you using? Try starting again from step 1 and follow each step exactly.
10th February 2014, 12:33 PM |#14  
Flag JÄRNA
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Thanks for your suggestions. You are right, the rooting process is almost the same as Darkimmortals. I added some steps though and tried to make it more clear.
b) Added, thanks.
c) Don't really agree with that, it should be common sense to read one whole step.
d) Actually you don't have to install anything. The needed files are inside the folder files/
e) The steps in the recovery menu are called Mounts & Storage -> format /system and Wipe Data/Factory Reset -> Wipe Data/Factory Reset

It's not installing correctly. Which OS are you using? Try starting again from step 1 and follow each step exactly.

I manage to fix it, i open the install.bat and made everything manual, and no its rooted .
I think its because i have swedish windows 7, maybe.
10th February 2014, 07:15 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

Thanks for your suggestions. You are right, the rooting process is almost the same as Darkimmortals (same method). I added some steps though and tried to make it more clear.
b) Added, thanks.

It's not installing root correctly. Which OS are you using? Try starting again from step 1 and follow each step exactly.

I couldn't get root with the Z1C-lockeddualrecovery2.7.85-BETA and after like 200 times, I found the issue!!!
When opening the install.bat (right click --> edit) go to this line "if "!menu_decision!" != "3" ("

Then change the != "3" to == "3" (replace the ! with a =

That's what did it for me! (after hours of trying )
The Following User Says Thank You to moesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moesus Ad-Free
10th February 2014, 07:45 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
What was the exact error that you didn't get root? It shouldn't be necessary to change anything (I used 2.7.84-BETA though).
10th February 2014, 09:46 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

What was the exact error that you didn't get root? It shouldn't be necessary to change anything (I used 2.7.84-BETA though).

Something like "! - was unexpected at this time". I just couldn't make sense of it as I'm not familiar with commands. But when I opened install.bat from the 2.7.81 and compared it to 2.7.85, that's when I found the little error
10th February 2014, 11:01 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
i cannot enter in recovery mode....can you explain when and what i have to press
11th February 2014, 08:27 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackalmiaobo

i cannot enter in recovery mode....can you explain when and what i have to press

Check step 16. You should start the phone normally (press power button). Then the phone will vibrate slightly. After that the LED will turn green. If the LED is green you should hold Volume UP button. The LED will turn violet and you will enter the recovery menu.

If the phone does not vibrate at start, check if the phone is even off (force phone off: Hold Volume Up and then hold the power button. After the phone vibrated 3 times it will shut down, if nothing happens the phone is already off). If the phone vibrates but no green light and you get a boot loop you did something wrong and should start again from step 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
11th February 2014, 09:00 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
How can I install the drivers? I've downloaded the zipped file but not sure what to do with it. I've extracted the files but where should they be placed? When placing them in the Drivers folder in the Flashtool I still get the "No drivers installed" error when putting the phone in flashmode. Never had this issue on my Z1 so not sure how to go about it.
11th February 2014, 09:27 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonn

How can I install the drivers? I've downloaded the zipped file but not sure what to do with it. I've extracted the files but where should they be placed? When placing them in the Drivers folder in the Flashtool I still get the "No drivers installed" error when putting the phone in flashmode. Never had this issue on my Z1 so not sure how to go about it.

Check out the first post. It's answered there under "Questions".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)