24th October 2013, 08:33 PM |#121  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,529

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricocid

You should update your guide because oracle-java 6 is not on repo anymore ...
You must sign into oracle web site and download it
I will post a guide to install java 6 from .bin

Donwload the .bin after signing and accepting the lincense:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...k-6u45-oth-JPR

Code:
sudo mkdir /usr/lib/jvm
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/
Code:
chmod +x jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin
Code:
./jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin
Code:
sudo mv jdk1.6.0_45 /usr/lib/jvm/
Code:
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javac javac /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/javac 1
Code:
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/java 1
Code:
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/jar jar /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/jar 1
Code:
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javaws javaws /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/javaws 1
Code:
sudo gedit ~/.bashrc
add the lines

Code:
# Java PATHs
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/bin/jvm/jdk1.6.0_45
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

Or you can install directly the openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre packages from repo

Odd, it still shows on Launchpad.net: https://launchpad.net/~webupd8team/+archive/java

Did you add the repo or did they take it out and not update launchpad?
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
EnricoD
24th October 2013, 08:44 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Odd, it still shows on Launchpad.net: https://launchpad.net/~webupd8team/+archive/java

Did you add the repo or did they take it out and not update launchpad?

XD.. really don't know why... i will try to install from repo tomorrow ... maybe my apt repository is corrupted ... i've some problem after the 13.10 update... gonna make a clean installation and see if it works
thank You
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
24th October 2013, 10:24 PM |#123  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

XD.. really don't know why... i will try to install from repo tomorrow ... maybe my apt repository is corrupted ... i've some problem after the 13.10 update... gonna make a clean installation and see if it works
thank You

I had an update last night that caused issues with Nemo so I had to uninstall Nemo. 13.10 may be buggy
25th October 2013, 12:01 AM |#124  
Flag TX
Thanks Meter: 1,036

More
Today I tried to build with your keymaster files added to vendor/asus/flo/proprietary and still got the settings/security FC. After flashing your keymaster.zip there are no FC's. Am I missing something here? Thanks Scott!
25th October 2013, 01:21 AM |#125  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrawb

Today I tried to build with your keymaster files added to vendor/asus/flo/proprietary and still got the settings/security FC. After flashing your keymaster.zip there are no FC's. Am I missing something here? Thanks Scott!

Did you use my entire vendor folder? I had to edit the make files so you need to use entire vendor folder to get the update make files to tell the "make" command where to place those files.

If you look at the "asus" vendor folder and look at the partial make you will see that I added 4 lines in there to include those files.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
25th October 2013, 02:00 AM |#126  
Flag TX
Thanks Meter: 1,036

More
Quote:

Did you use my entire vendor folder? I had to edit the make files so you need to use entire vendor folder to get the update make files to tell the "make" command where to place those files.

If you look at the "asus" vendor folder and look at the partial make you will see that I added 4 lines in there to include those files.

I think that was it. Thanks Scott.

Edit: Sure enough, it worked perfectly.
EnricoD
25th October 2013, 01:33 PM |#127  

More
Quote:

I had an update last night that caused issues with Nemo so I had to uninstall Nemo. 13.10 may be buggy

Yeah.. I have lot of problems also on clean installation... Will switch and try to configure Debian 7.2.0
25th October 2013, 11:22 PM |#128  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrawb

I think that was it. Thanks Scott.

Edit: Sure enough, it worked perfectly.

Indeed!

Quote:

Yeah.. I have lot of problems also on clean installation... Will switch and try to configure Debian 7.2.0

What kind of issue did you have?

I didint have issues until after the update a couple nights ago and it only "seemed" to affect Nemo so I just removed it.

The compile still works fine.

What issues do you have?
EnricoD
26th October 2013, 09:34 AM |#129  

More
Quote:

Indeed!

What kind of issue did you have?

I didint have issues until after the update a couple nights ago and it only "seemed" to affect Nemo so I just removed it.

The compile still works fine.

What issues do you have?

No issues on Your guide it was drivers.related problem i solved my problems installing the drivers and latest bios now everything work fine
26th October 2013, 07:20 PM |#130  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No issues on Your guide it was drivers.related problem i solved my problems installing the drivers and latest bios now everything work fine

Oh, I see. Yes that can be a problem
26th October 2013, 07:54 PM |#131  
Flag Union City California
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Hey @scrosler. Just tried @jakdillard new AOSP ROM and no reboots on chrome. Just an FYI...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)