[DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

Search This thread

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
[DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

Hello Everybody,

In order to attempt to keep this forum neat and tidy the moderation team has decided that 1 standalone thread for discussing the good and bad of all the the apps, modifications, tweaks, and widgets is all we need. So have at it guys and gals! Within this thread review, compare and discuss whatever it is that is interesting you at any given moment. Any new threads on this matter will be closed and directed here. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Remember that most of this will just be a matter of opinion so try your best to respect everyone else’s opinion too!;)

Cheers Mates :victory:
The Moderation Team

xdalogo-1.png

Last edited:

Dathaeus

Nov 26, 2011
App for Event/Meeting/Party Management

Hi, I've been searching for an app that manages events, meetings, and all sorts of parties, with infinite different combinations of features needed from sending invites, remote/onsite checkins, web/database/calendar integration, tracking participants' locations and time stamps, history, etc., etc.... Anyone have a first hand knowledge of such an app that has served you well? Any leads would be appreciated.... Thanks!

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
Hi, I've been searching for an app that manages events, meetings, and all sorts of parties, with infinite different combinations of features needed from sending invites, remote/onsite checkins, web/database/calendar integration, tracking participants' locations and time stamps, history, etc., etc.... Anyone have a first hand knowledge of such an app that has served you well? Any leads would be appreciated.... Thanks!

Not sure if there is an all in one app that will do everything your looking for. However, here is some good calendar apps that may be of help

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design/android-apps-manage-your-day-better/

Sent from my Nexus

Dathaeus

Nov 26, 2011

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
Thanks for the reply... ya all those calendar apps would be only one component of what I need... ya I realize what I need is pretty huge but maybe somewhere, somehow.......... :cyclops:

There are a number of event planning apps on the google play store, for example Super Planner. Just search for "event planner" or "event planning." Since you want a lot, maybe two of them together will give you everything you need. If you are already using a desktop application to track all of these things, you can ask those developers if they are planning or already have integration for mobile devices. This would be a great solution if the desktop and the mobile device could be sync'd.

Reactions: geminipk

Dathaeus

Nov 26, 2011
There are a number of event planning apps on the google play store, for example Super Planner. Just search for "event planner" or "event planning." Since you want a lot, maybe two of them together will give you everything you need. If you are already using a desktop application to track all of these things, you can ask those developers if they are planning or already have integration for mobile devices. This would be a great solution if the desktop and the mobile device could be sync'd.

Exactly... we are still looking, there are SO many, and so many are just basic crap, just takes time... there are a couple of good ones but yes, desktop/PC integration would great... just thought someone could save me hours of time "testing" the good and bad event apps, its a tedious process, not exactly like testing a new game from the Amazon FAOTD where u know in 30 seconds whether u wanna keep it or not... to be continued.............

Razow94

Apr 13, 2013
My favorite game is color sheep, very addictive and requise you to think very fast and distinct between different colors.
My favorite app is Google keep, the best notes app i know, very very simple.

alicarbovader

Feb 16, 2013
In Emperor's Chamber in Death Star 1
Exactly... we are still looking, there are SO many, and so many are just basic crap, just takes time... there are a couple of good ones but yes, desktop/PC integration would great... just thought someone could save me hours of time "testing" the good and bad event apps, its a tedious process, not exactly like testing a new game from the Amazon FAOTD where u know in 30 seconds whether u wanna keep it or not... to be continued.............

Exactly, that's the point. The Google Playstore has got so many apps now, and even Google is failing to keep count of, and track, the numerous apps. Many apps have promising features, and when you install them, they are just crap. Either hanging your phone or doing some other ****ty thing. Only a handful apps deliver what we can call satisfactory. Eg, I was using ES File Explorer, and when I read so many thumb-up sort of reviews abt the astro file explorer. I installed it, and I found it to be crap. I reverted back to es, and now they've released a more awesome version of es file explorer.

While I don't have what you're searching for, but I agree that we have to go through a helluva testing time only to find that an app is pure crap.....

Reactions: lilmama2879

RezaDS

Apr 13, 2013
My favorite apps is all about photography such as perfectly clear it's really helpful for get a better pic .. And my favorite widget is Google Assist for sure.. It is really helpful

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

ironmaiden189

Feb 26, 2013
The app I use most is Viber, but I don't like its call quality. Anyone can tell me if there's another app for voip calls beside Skype?
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello Everybody,

In order to attempt to keep this forum neat and tidy the moderation team has decided that 1 standalone thread for discussing the good and bad of all the the apps, modifications, tweaks, and widgets is all we need. So have at it guys and gals! Within this thread review, compare and discuss whatever it is that is interesting you at any given moment. Any new threads on this matter will be closed and directed here. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Remember that most of this will just be a matter of opinion so try your best to respect everyone else’s opinion too!;)

Cheers Mates :victory:
    The Moderation Team

xdalogo-1.png
    Mine is mobil defence saved me more than once when lost phn just log in and track plus I can wipe and lock phn remotely

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    What anti theft app should I buy? Soon I will get my galaxy s4 and ofcourse I want to be a bit more sure about getting it back if it gets stolen. So which do you guys recommend?

Sent from a galaxy far away.
    What anti theft app should I buy? Soon I will get my galaxy s4 and ofcourse I want to be a bit more sure about getting it back if it gets stolen. So which do you guys recommend?

Sent from a galaxy far away.

My favorite is lookout

Sent from my Nexus
    my favorite app is tapatalk. best app for forums :)