FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,665 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,150

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2017, 11:57 PM |#1531  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMyKaSii

He's probably referring to this app. Were not you aware of his existence?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...chenforandroid

Oh I'm aware. That ass took my "AIK" name for his app to intentionally confuse my users and make them think it's official.. he never asked for permission to use any of my work, plus his garbage work was erasing sdcards for awhile. I've reported it to Google several times for improper use, but they have never taken it down.

Piggy mentioned binaries being an issue though, so maybe not referring to that crap. Anyway, everyone should get FX File Explorer. Best file explorer around. AIK-mobile and FX is pretty awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th October 2017, 12:22 AM |#1532  
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Oh I'm aware. That ass took my "AIK" name for his app to intentionally confuse my users and make them think it's official.. he never asked for permission to use any of my work, plus his garbage work was erasing sdcards for awhile. I've reported it to Google several times for improper use, but they have never taken it down.

Piggy mentioned binaries being an issue though, so maybe not referring to that crap. Anyway, everyone should get FX File Explorer. Best file explorer around. AIK-mobile and FX is pretty awesome.

Yes I was using his work, I knew his stuff was based on your work, I didn't know it was without your permission. I'm about to root a Samsung device, and will test your AIK 3.0. Where can I get it?
24th October 2017, 01:00 AM |#1533  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyFlooper

Yes I was using his work, I knew his stuff was based on your work, I didn't know it was without your permission. I'm about to root a Samsung device, and will test your AIK 3.0. Where can I get it?

Unreleased, I'm still working on it; finding/making something equivalent for Windows to retain all ramdisk ownership/permissions is going to take some work.

Try AIK-mobile v2.9, and if that doesn't work, AIK-Linux v2.9 with ./unpackimg.sh --sudo almost definitely will. See the AIK thread for downloads.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2017, 02:09 AM |#1534  
Thanks Meter: 608

More
Quote:

Oh I'm aware. That ass took my "AIK" name for his app to intentionally confuse my users and make them think it's official...

To tell you the truth, I first met his app before knowing that the original work is yours. But at least on the beta channel he changed the name of the app, but the update is from May and has not yet become stable, if one day become...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171023-230001~01~01.png
Views:	874
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	4312173  
The Following User Says Thank You to KaMyKaSii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KaMyKaSii Ad-Free
26th October 2017, 08:46 PM |#1535  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
UPDATE-SUmount-signed.zip:
- add support for magisk.img and magisk_merge.img

UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip:
- add support for BINDSBIN SuperSU, Magisk and LineageOS addonsu
- add support for suhide and suhide-lite
- add support for /system/system (Pixel) layouts

@osm0sis please after flashed audio mods like Arise Sound System that includes your SdCard fix permission scripts, root access tends to be lost on Verizon S7 nougat Systemless Supersu, tried different scenarios but to no avail. However, I don't know if there's anything like addon.d backup for systemless supersu or if any of the scripts above resolve these issue?
26th October 2017, 09:43 PM |#1536  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcyril

@osm0sis please after flashed audio mods like Arise Sound System that includes your SdCard fix permission scripts, root access tends to be lost on Verizon S7 nougat Systemless Supersu, tried different scenarios but to no avail. However, I don't know if there's anything like addon.d backup for systemless supersu or if any of the scripts above resolve these issue?

I've repeatedly told them that's not what sdcard Fix Permissions is for, so they shouldn't be including it in mods.

Also it shouldn't have any affect on root because it only touches /data/media and subdirectories.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th October 2017, 11:46 PM |#1537  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:

I've repeatedly told them that's not what sdcard Fix Permissions is for, so they shouldn't be including it in mods.

Also it shouldn't have any affect on root because it only touches /data/media and subdirectories.

Thanks for the clarification.
Please is there anyway you could make an addon.d backup script for systemless root (systemless supersu) like we had it when we installed supersu in system. As you're the Android Shell Guru!
27th October 2017, 02:13 AM |#1538  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcyril

Thanks for the clarification.
Please is there anyway you could make an addon.d backup script for systemless root (systemless supersu) like we had it when we installed supersu in system. As you're the Android Shell Guru!

I already did. FlashAfterUpdate in the OP. Put the SuperSU zip in its directory. Done.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2017, 05:33 AM |#1539  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 321

More
I'm using an old Asus Zenfone 5.
I installed UPDATE-Busybox.Installer.v1.27.2-ALL-signed via recovery (without errors), but after restart busybox was not installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171027-154524.png
Views:	766
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	4317133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171027-155043.png
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	4317134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171027-155114.png
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	4317135  
Attached Files
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (21.4 KB, 12 views)
29th October 2017, 12:56 PM |#1540  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDamasceno

I'm using an old Asus Zenfone 5.
I installed UPDATE-Busybox.Installer.v1.27.2-ALL-signed via recovery (without errors), but after restart busybox was not installed.

Read the log. It's installed to /su/xbin. Also, that Titanium error had nothing to do with busybox.

If you want busybox force-installed to /system add the word system to your install zip filename.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2017, 11:11 AM |#1541  
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkash

Hi everybody. I have a problem. Coupé hoy hemos me?

I've flashed Mu online with the lastima firmware avalaible, unlock bootloader, flashed recogerte and by recogerte, flashed magisk.zip and install magisk manager. Works fine. I got root permissions forma greneefy, es Explorer, Link2SD,.. but adaway say Phineas la nota rooteado, same for Titanium backup. Which the problem?
Core only is disable.
This is log of magisk. There are an error mount /Dev/block/loop0

beginning of main
I( 312: 312) Magisk v14.0(1400) daemon started
I( 312: 314) ** post-fs mode running
--------- beginning of system
I( 312: 468) ** post-fs-data mode running
I( 312: 468) * Mounting mirrors
I( 312: 468) mount: /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/system -> /dev/magisk/mirror/system
I( 312: 468) link: /dev/magisk/mirror/system/vendor -> /dev/magisk/mirror/vendor
I( 312: 468) bind_mount: /dev/magisk/mirror/bin
E( 312: 468) mount /dev/block/loop0->/dev/source failed with 13: Permission denied
I( 312: 529) ** late_start service mode running
I( 312: 529) * Running service.d scripts
I( 312: 529) * Running module service scripts

It might be for the best if you disable autorrect

Also, if this is a Magisk issue, it should go on the Magisk subforum.

Sent from my ECS TR10RS1 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Bludwurst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bludwurst Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)