FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,672 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,210

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2016, 01:59 AM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Okay. Install mine, then manually extract the arm (not 64) binary from my zip, rename it to just busybox and then put it in /system/xbin, overwriting the arm64 binary. Let me know if that works better.

Done, but TiBu just errors out saying it can't acquire root privileges now. Other root apps work, was I supposed to do anything with the permissions for the busybox file?

9th February 2016, 02:02 AM |#542  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy1419

Done, but TiBu just errors out saying it can't acquire root privileges now. Other root apps work, was I supposed to do anything with the permissions for the busybox file?

Yeah make them match what they were before. chmod 755. Or rwxrwxr-x if you're using a root/file explorer app. Thanks for testing.
9th February 2016, 02:19 AM |#543  

More
Quote:

Yeah make them match what there were before. chmod 755. Or rwxrwxr-x if you're using a root/file explorer app. Thanks for testing.

Done. Now all user apps show up in TiBu but there is still a ton of system data/apps missing. Screenshots of what I mean. 8:44PM is with stericsons, 914pm is yours just a minute ago after changing permissions etc.
9th February 2016, 03:11 AM |#544  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Done. Now all user apps show up in TiBu but there is still a ton of system data/apps missing. Screenshots of what I mean. 8:44PM is with stericsons, 914pm is yours just a minute ago after changing permissions etc.

Okay, so the arm build works better than arm64... There are a few applet differences I had to make there to get it to compile, but again pretty sure none of which TiBU has in its own compile. And my arm64 busybox appears to run just fine in my limited testing in my girlfriend's unrooted N5X and testing others have done, not to mention the busybox commands AIK-mobile utilizes.

Also, even with arm it doesn't make sense why TiBU would have some apps and not others. This is truly bizarre stuff.
9th February 2016, 04:33 AM |#545  

More
Quote:

Okay, so the arm build works better than arm64... There are a few applet differences I had to make there to get it to compile, but again pretty sure none of which TiBU has in its own compile. And my arm64 busybox appears to run just fine in my limited testing in my girlfriend's unrooted N5X and testing others have done, not to mention the busybox commands AIK-mobile utilizes.

Also, even with arm it doesn't make sense why TiBU would have some apps and not others. This is truly bizarre stuff.

I haven't the faintest idea, if you need a logcat or anything let me know. Not a huge deal, I guess my phone is just special.
9th February 2016, 05:22 AM |#546  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I haven't the faintest idea, if you need a logcat or anything let me know. Not a huge deal, I guess my phone is just special.

Not sure about Meefiks but I seem to recall hearing Stericson uses a custom Android glibc (or uclibc?) toolchain instead of bionic/NDK so he doesn't have to hack as much sh*t to cross-compile correctly for Android.

My main goal was to get the "android-busybox-ndk" project up to date again so someone could easily cross-compile busybox with the NDK toolchains again, and my primary purpose in doing so: providing the applet functionality I needed for AIK-mobile natively on all Android architectures. I've done all that, and I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished, but if there are issues with the applets after I've added in the known patches, debugging busybox itself is a bit out of my league unfortunately; it's a monster.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2016, 10:12 PM |#547  
Flag Union, MO
Thanks Meter: 602

Donate to Me
More
@osm0sis How hard would it be to add Chrome Beta and Dev support to the GApps integrator script since Chrome's stupid crazy libs.

They use com.chrome.(beta|dev) package names.

I think the main issue would be what the folder name is. Deltadroid's add on uses GoogleChromeDev and GoogleChromeBeta for example (but I'm sure somebody else uses a different name.)

Sent from my BLU ENERGY X PLUS Aurora using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bgiesing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bgiesing Ad-Free
18th February 2016, 12:51 AM |#548  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgiesing

@osm0sis How hard would it be to add Chrome Beta and Dev support to the GApps integrator script since Chrome's stupid crazy libs.

They use com.chrome.(beta|dev) package names.

I think the main issue would be what the folder name is. Deltadroid's add on uses GoogleChromeDev and GoogleChromeBeta for example (but I'm sure somebody else uses a different name.)

Using the fix I posted for similar package names a couple pages back it should otherwise work I'd think.
18th February 2016, 01:11 AM |#549  
Flag Union, MO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Using the fix I posted for similar package names a couple pages back it should otherwise work I'd think.

Tried that and it did integrate the app but it was broken because since the folder is not named "Chrome", it doesn't do the Crazy Libs stuff to prevent Chrome from breaking

The Following User Says Thank You to bgiesing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bgiesing Ad-Free
18th February 2016, 01:18 AM |#550  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgiesing

Tried that and it did integrate the app but it was broken because since the folder is not named "Chrome", it doesn't do the Crazy Libs stuff to prevent Chrome from breaking

Ah of course. Yep, we just need to switch that part to a fuzzy match using case instead of if.. Try this out:

Code:
            # workaround for Chrome not playing by the usual rules (per usual)
            case $(basename $sysapk) in
              *Chrome*)
                mount -o remount,rw /system;
                rm -f $sysapk/lib/arm*/libchrome.so;;
              *)

cp -fp $datapk $gtmp/preopt-$i.apk;
                zip -d $gtmp/preopt-$i.apk lib/*;
                zipalign -v 4 $gtmp/preopt-$i.apk $gtmp/$i.apk;
                datapk=$gtmp/$i.apk;;

esac;
18th February 2016, 01:20 AM |#551  
Flag Union, MO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah of course. Yep, we just need to switch that part to a fuzzy match using case instead of if.. Try this out:

Code:
            # workaround for Chrome not playing by the usual rules (per usual)
            case $(basename $sysapk) in
              Chrome*)
                mount -o remount,rw /system;
                rm -f $sysapk/lib/arm*/libchrome.so;
              *)
                cp -fp $datapk $gtmp/preopt-$i.apk;
                zip -d $gtmp/preopt-$i.apk lib/*;
                zipalign -v 4 $gtmp/preopt-$i.apk $gtmp/$i.apk;
                datapk=$gtmp/$i.apk;
            esac;

If the directory is GoogleChromeDev doesn't it need to be *Chrome* instead of Chrome*

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)