FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO] Root, Install Busybox and SuperCharge your G9

7,954 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,673
 
By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 21st January 2012, 12:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2012, 11:54 PM |#21  
zeppelinrox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP
Thanks Meter: 21,806
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Added busybox tutorial

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

FYI Super Manager can do the job for free if you don't have root explorer.

You get the the permissions screen by tapping the "777" toolbar button.

It has an assload of other tools too.

Love that app
21st January 2012, 11:58 PM |#22  
Quinny899's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,673
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelinrox

FYI Super Manager can do the job for free if you don't have root explorer.

You get the the permissions screen by tapping the "777" toolbar button.

It has an assload of other tools too.

Love that app

The issue is that Root Explorer is the only one that lets you add the special permissions

Added v6 SuperCharger tutorial
22nd January 2012, 12:16 AM |#23  
zeppelinrox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP
Thanks Meter: 21,806
 
Donate to Me
More
Oh didn't notice that part.

But wouldn't chown 0.0 work?

If not there is always a way with bash + terminal
22nd January 2012, 12:23 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Flag Oldham Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Could be completely wrong here but I've just been reading the sudru petru thread and it says unpack the ext4 firmware

Would this be right does the firmware need unzipping first.
This tut seems to suggest that you leave the ext4 firmware zipped up

Like I said I could be completely wrong

All the phone roms I use are kept in zip format but the original archos firmware is not zipped
22nd January 2012, 12:38 AM |#25  
Quinny899's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,673
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein

Could be completely wrong here but I've just been reading the sudru petru thread and it says unpack the ext4 firmware

Would this be right does the firmware need unzipping first.
This tut seems to suggest that you leave the ext4 firmware zipped up

Like I said I could be completely wrong

All the phone roms I use are kept in zip format but the original archos firmware is not zipped

This format is different. You don't extract it

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
22nd January 2012, 06:28 AM |#26  
zeppelinrox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP
Thanks Meter: 21,806
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Added busybox tutorial

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelinrox

Oh didn't notice that part.

But wouldn't chown 0.0 work?

If not there is always a way with bash + terminal

Ah I think this it:
busybox chown ug+s
22nd January 2012, 09:50 AM |#27  
cajl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near PARIS (94)
Thanks Meter: 167
 
Donate to Me
More
and thanks for me for the window files, the link to ADB on Archos website,....
]and thanks letama ?
22nd January 2012, 10:07 AM |#28  
Quinny899's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,673
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajl

and thanks for me for the window files, the link to ADB on Archos website,....
]and thanks letama ?

They're my adb ones, if you look at the link and I give you credit on there. Letama should have a thanks anyway, but I'll add you and letama to a better postition

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda premium
22nd January 2012, 11:26 AM |#29  
Senior Member
Flag Oldham Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Yeah, you need to to the modaco root again, but you have the files, so it's easy
You can put it on before easily. Just download the file on the tablet and use the app on the tablet called files and do this:
Select Download
Find archos_3.2.79.ext4 and tick it.
Press copy at the top
Press the folder icon in the top left
Press paste (top right), and it will be in the right place

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

unfortunately im still having problems ill try my best to explain
1)windows 7 will not allow me to download directly to the tablet it shows a picture of the archos tablet and says (you cannot save here please choose another location) so i double click on archos tablet and it show internal storage try to save but get (you cannot save here please chose another location) but i can see files in there dcim android ect.

i can save to the pc and drag the file into internal storage tho the ext4 file is not in any folder it is at the root (other folders in internal storage are android dcim manuals ect i think this is the right place for the ext4 firmware?

i have gone into the app files and through the prcedure mentioned above it just makes a second file ext4 with a number 2 next to it (looks likes its just a copy of the first file)

maybe the problem is here at stage 11 of the second tut

11. Use Volume Up + Down and power to select Developer Edition > Developer Edition menu



when i select developer edition it does not give me a option to select development edition menu ( it just reboots the tablet and loops on the archos logo) i have to then manually hold power and vol up then i see developer edition menu and i can continue the tut from there zimage and the other gz file seem to go on fine but i just loop at the archos logo

the only time i see a second storage device is when i move the zimage and gz file a completely empty drive appears where i move the zimage and gz file to

tried 4 time this morning each time i just loop on the archos logo

when i got the tablet on tuesday i updated the firmware via wifi all went well
22nd January 2012, 11:39 AM |#30  
Quinny899's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,673
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein

unfortunately im still having problems ill try my best to explain
1)windows 7 will not allow me to download directly to the tablet it shows a picture of the archos tablet and says (you cannot save here please choose another location) so i double click on archos tablet and it show internal storage try to save but get (you cannot save here please chose another location) but i can see files in there dcim android ect.

i can save to the pc and drag the file into internal storage tho the ext4 file is not in any folder it is at the root (other folders in internal storage are android dcim manuals ect i think this is the right place for the ext4 firmware?

i have gone into the app files and through the prcedure mentioned above it just makes a second file ext4 with a number 2 next to it (looks likes its just a copy of the first file)

maybe the problem is here at stage 11 of the second tut

11. Use Volume Up + Down and power to select Developer Edition > Developer Edition menu



when i select developer edition it does not give me a option to select development edition menu ( it just reboots the tablet and loops on the archos logo) i have to then manually hold power and vol up then i see developer edition menu and i can continue the tut from there zimage and the other gz file seem to go on fine but i just loop at the archos logo

the only time i see a second storage device is when i move the zimage and gz file a completely empty drive appears where i move the zimage and gz file to

tried 4 time this morning each time i just loop on the archos logo

when i got the tablet on tuesday i updated the firmware via wifi all went well

Have you tried downloading the ext4 file directly to the tablet?
Try this:
Download dolphin for tab from the market
Open it and go menu>more>settings
Select Download Location and change it to /sdcard
Go to this topic and download the file. It is in the right location now

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda premium
22nd January 2012, 11:43 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Flag Oldham Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
ill give it a go now thanks for replying
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes