[Q] Remove touchwiz lockscreen?

Search This thread

captainradish

May 13, 2014
I have been searching for a solution to this forever, but cannot find one. I want to completely and utterly remove the Touchwiz lockscreen and replace it with the stock one. I know it is doable as I found instructions for how to do it, but they were unfortunately rather over my head. Is there an easy way to do this?

Please note, I am not talking about simply disabling it and replacing it with some third-party unit from the play store. I'm talking mucking around in the /system folder and deleting it entirely.

Thanks.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Could you link the information ???
That would help the group understand what you are looking at. ..

And allow us to help you more. ..
These guys are sharp...and may recognize the procedure by sight. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
I have been searching for a solution to this forever, but cannot find one. I want to completely and utterly remove the Touchwiz lockscreen and replace it with the stock one. I know it is doable as I found instructions for how to do it, but they were unfortunately rather over my head. Is there an easy way to do this?

Please note, I am not talking about simply disabling it and replacing it with some third-party unit from the play store. I'm talking mucking around in the /system folder and deleting it entirely.

Thanks.

That IS the stock lock screen....do you mean you want aosp lock screen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io

Thanks.

To answer your question, no, it's not this easy. Lockscreen simply does not fall into a certain file or folder. It is tied into framework-res, SystemUI, and Settings.apk. Removing as much as you can will likely break Android OS as this is a system level thing and is tightly integrated. Your only option is disabling. If you can't disable it thru settings, where you set it to none but it's still slide to unlock, you can use Tasker and an on-boot profile to disable keyguard action. That will cause your device to show launcher when you click power button.

Hope this helps,

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app