[MOD] avlock[11], a real, system-level lock screen replacement (fixed 04/22/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kenniy

Sep 22, 2008
I just updated this on CM5.0.6 and it truely is beautiful!..thank you very much..

could only hope the time from last dot to login cld be configurable (preferably shorter)..not much of a problem as it is though..thx alot!

bobtentpeg

Jan 18, 2010
It should work. Though, theres the possibility that it will be larger than your screen (either missing a collumn/row or having them cut in half at the edges)

_avatar

Aug 19, 2009
I think it will work fine on the CM build for Droid, but can't say that with absolute certainty because I don't have a device to test with. You can make a nandroid backup and give it a shot -- if there are problems just restore.

Also, it looks like cyanogen picked up my patch, so this functionality should be built into newer versions if CM moving forward.

slyydrr

Feb 10, 2009
Boca Raton
And yeah, I agree the delay should be configurable. I'll look into adding that soon.

First off, great work!

I was curious, rather than adding a delay, if it's possible to just compare the current string against the known unlock string on key-press events. Unless there's a security reason for not doing this, I imagine this would immediately unlock the device as soon as the current StringBuffer matches the expected unlock code.

Is this a possibility?

bassam19

Dec 16, 2004
Do you happen to know if this will fix the issue with Activesync saying that "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support" since it requires a 4 pin lock?

I guess i can always try and reply back..

Thanks for this addition.

bassam19

Dec 16, 2004
Do you happen to know if this will fix the issue with Activesync saying that "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support" since it requires a 4 pin lock?

I guess i can always try and reply back..

Thanks for this addition.

I guess i thought this had pin lock as in numbers but after installing it, i see an option for pin lock but i dont think its what i was looking for. I still get the same error message from Activesync. It was worth a try for me. I tried the new lock mechanism and it works great. Test on.

itsmistergreg

Jun 16, 2009
Fort Lauderdale
I'm running CM 5.0.6 with Kspec lite via metamorph. I flashed the zip via recovery mode, and after the flash, it changes my notification bar, and also the mod doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

edit: I understand that it replaces framework-res.apk, so I understand that it changes the notification bar, etc. But regardless, after flash, the mod doesn't work either.

Last edited:

itsmistergreg

Jun 16, 2009
Fort Lauderdale
If you search, he states it doesn't work with any theme.

Before you direct me to "search" like most people are so quick to do, please re-read the entire thread, just as I did before I posted this. The only thing that was stated was that if you were to flash a theme after flashing the avlock, you may not be able to unlock and would have to delete gesture.key due to the changes to the framework files.

There is no illicit statement that this mod is incompatible with themes in general.

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
Actually pershoot did state it will not work with any theme, only morphs at the moment. Read his post at droidbasement.

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
Eh, I made this an extra for my theme. Took all of 5 seconds (poke poke at other theme creators).

itsmistergreg

Jun 16, 2009
Fort Lauderdale
Actually pershoot did state it will not work with any theme, only morphs at the moment. Read his post at droidbasement.

I've only been following the thread here, although the funny thing is... the Kspec version I've been using IS a morph. I must be missing something then. The directions weren't specific, but I am flashing it from my sd card in recovery mode.

edit: After reading the post, it looks like I'm doing everything I should. I'm stumped.

Last edited:

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
I've only been following the thread here, although the funny thing is... the Kspec version I've been using IS a morph. I must be missing something then. The directions weren't specific, but I am flashing it from my sd card in recovery mode.

edit: After reading the post, it looks like I'm doing everything I should. I'm stumped.

Your morph (if being applied after you flash this mod) probably has .xml files in it that aren't based off of the .xml files in this mod, and that could cause instability, or there are other files in the morph that are causing it to not work properly.

itsmistergreg

Jun 16, 2009
Fort Lauderdale
Your morph (if being applied after you flash this mod) probably has .xml files in it that aren't based off of the .xml files in this mod, and that could cause instability, or there are other files in the morph that are causing it to not work properly.

Well that being said, I went into recovery and flashed CM 5.0.6 on top of the morph, and everything reverted back to normal, then booted back into recovery and flashed the zip again to no avail.

_avatar

Aug 19, 2009
Added the ability to set a lock timeout between 0.5 and 2.0 seconds in the Settings. See first post for URL to new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    avlock[10] is a (the first?) real, *system-level* lock screen replacement for Android (CM 5.0.6).

it replaces the standard "connect the dots" behavior with pin-like mechanism. patterns can be arbitrarily large, and nodes can be repeated. also, there are no numbers -- just circles. definitely not for everyone, but i think some people may like it.

here's how it works:

http://files.clangen.org/avlock/avlock.m4v

if you want to try it you must have CM 5.0.6 installed, then:

1. reboot to bootloader
    2. nandroid backup <-- do it. seriously. just in case.
    3. flash avlock[x].zip
    4. reboot
    5. if you don't have a lock pattern already, set one: Home > Menu > Settings > Location and Security > Set Unlock Pattern

faq:

q: what happens if something goes really wrong and i can't log in?
    a: i've been tweaking this mod for a long time and you shouldn't have any problems. BUT IF YOU DO:

* restore from nandroid backup made in step 2 above

OR

* if you know how to use adb, just delete the file pattern file and reboot:

adb remount
    adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
    adb shell reboot

q: what files are replaced by the patch?
    a: framework.jar, framework-res.apk, android.policy.jar, Settings.apk

q: why not just distribute this as a simple .apk file?
    a: this is a system-level mod because it replaces system-level components. it cannot be distributed as an .apk.

changelog:

avlock[8]:
    * initial release

avlock[9]:
    * added tactile feedback
    * reduced login delay

avlock[10]:
    * disabling "Use visible pattern" works now
    * better integration with system and Settings.
    * re-added drag lock option.

avlock[11]:
    * added the ability to specify a pattern timeout

use at your own risk. i am not responsible for any damages caused by this software. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!

caution: if you update your rom, install a theme, or flash another mod that replaces framework.jar, framework-res.apk, or android.framework.jar, you may not be able to log in upon reboot (or even spin into a boot loop). either (1) make sure you disable your lock screen before flashing or (2) rm gesture.key as described in the faq!

download:

avlock[11]: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=202 (thanks, pershoot)

sources:

http://github.com/avatar5d