Taipei

Attachments

• software-note.jpg
    software-note.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 2,134

bob8x

Oct 19, 2008
Directly from HTC's official blog

We’ve started rolling out updates for the HTC Sensation XL. It will take a bit of time for the update to roll out to everyone, so please be patient. T-Mobile in the United States has already started rolling out Android 4.0 for the HTC Sensation 4G and the HTC Amaze 4G will begin getting Android 4.0 on May 21st. We’ll have more news to share soon on other devices!

Well, I hope that "more news" include IncS and "soon" is tomorrow xD

thakur90

Aug 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
It amazes me that end of may is here but still no leaked rom..!!! And is it correct that we'll get sense 3.6 update with ics? Coz that would be sad considering how the one v and desire c get sense 4.0 which are lower specced..

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

skinniezinho

Sep 5, 2010
Aveiro
It amazes me that end of may is here but still no leaked rom..!!! And is it correct that we'll get sense 3.6 update with ics? Coz that would be sad considering how the one v and desire c get sense 4.0 which are lower specced..

I was wondering the same.How come?
About the Sense 4.0, don't worry, there will be lot's of rom with it when the sources/roms come out.

pec0ra

Jan 29, 2012
Zürich
Sony Xperia 5 II
A leaked ROM would be due to a human failure and they don't happen all the time.
It seems that the (htc's) end of may has come because they started to release updates. Sadly not for the Incredible S but for the HTC Amaze today.

Reactions: thiagofbrito

inSaN1Ty_X

Nov 21, 2011
Espoo
Just 'read' [With Google Translate] Xda.cn and no sign of leaked ROMs there ether. Tho everyone there is talking about offical OTA coming within few days. Somebody said that Europe will get the OTA it first, but from what I remember Xda.cn and sites like that have always been able to provide a leak at least a week before official OTA.

So no hope there ether. Update will most likely be Android 4.0.4 or 0.3 and Sense 3.6 when it come. For now just waiting and waiting :(

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
HTC doesn't earn any money at all upgrading people from 2.x/3.x to 4.0. They have to pay their devs, testers, IT staff, employees, etc so they are losing money when providing free upgrades. It seems more of they are extending generosity under their wing to look after some of their past phones.

They do earn money, if someone buys their Sense 4.0 phones.
That's why they 'make sense' (pun intended) when they don't want to upgrade everyone to 4.0. Making the customer satisfied with the latest update ASAP has never been top priority for them.

They might lose unsatisfied customers who want the latest updates, but I surmise these are actually a very small minority. XDA and other online android communities in reality, I am guessing the total members might make up less than 6-10% (maybe even 3-6% if I daresay) of the real-world android owners population. It would take some statistics to find the actual amount and we have to remove people who have duplicate phones.

It's all politics and marketing in the end.

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
HTC doesn't earn any money at all upgrading people from 2.x/3.x to 4.0. They have to pay their devs, testers, IT staff, employees, etc so they are losing money when providing free upgrades. It seems more of they are extending generosity under their wing to look after some of their past phones.

They do earn money, if someone buys their Sense 4.0 phones.
That's why they 'make sense' (pun intended) when they don't want to upgrade everyone to 4.0. Making the customer satisfied with the latest update ASAP has never been top priority for them.

They might lose unsatisfied customers who want the latest updates, but I surmise these are actually a very small minority. XDA and other online android communities in reality, I am guessing the total members might make up less than 6-10% (maybe even 3-6% if I daresay) of the real-world android owners population. It would take some statistics to find the actual amount and we have to remove people who have duplicate phones.

It's all politics and marketing in the end.

How true that is. The IncS was originally launched with Froyo 2.2 last year and they have upgraded it to Gingerbread 2.3.3 with Sense 2.1 and then GB 2.3.5 with Sense 3.0. That is 2 upgrades during the phone's lifecycle. We are fortunate that ICS is in the future. HTC doesn't owe a thing.

Reactions: ericsson3819

thakur90

Aug 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
How true that is. The IncS was originally launched with Froyo 2.2 last year and they have upgraded it to Gingerbread 2.3.3 with Sense 2.1 and then GB 2.3.5 with Sense 3.0. That is 2 upgrades during the phone's lifecycle. We are fortunate that ICS is in the future. HTC doesn't owe a thing.

Whoa u don't say that!! How come they not owe anything!! We bought this phone and it wasn't cheap!! We are not talking wildfire or chacha here... This was the top of the line phone! They have to support it.. the money they earn from the sales goes into development and production! And if they aren't gonna update they can release the damn drivers for camera and back light and what not so that devs can cook custom roms atleast!!

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
Whoa u don't say that!! How come they not owe anything!! We bought this phone and it wasn't cheap!! We are not talking wildfire or chacha here... This was the top of the line phone! They have to support it.. the money they earn from the sales goes into development and production! And if they aren't gonna update they can release the damn drivers for camera and back light and what not so that devs can cook custom roms atleast!!

The point is that HTC has supported the IncS since it was introduced with 2 different platform updates already. Just because someone bought the IncS at the end of it's lifecycle with Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 (the third platform that has been supported) does not mean that HTC is obligated to continue supply Android updates.

We are very fortunate that HTC is rolling out ICS which will be the 4th platform during the IncS lifecycle. I don't think there are many HTC android devices that have had that kind of support during their lifecycle. I know my HTC Aria shipped with Eclair 2.1 and we were very lucky to get Froyo 2.2 at the end of it's lifecycle.

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011

i know what you mean - but i still think HTC have done well by us.

however... i DO think they should make all drivers etc public so that the dev community can make customised roms more easily - because as Kaijura says, its only the people on forums such as this who are unsatisfied.

if they made it all open source, they probably wouldn't have to provide updates themselves at all.

Reactions: ericsson3819

Top Liked Posts