Thanks Meter: 2,652

By verygreen, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2014, 04:27 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen

I run my own builds (and ocasionally nightlies) and I have zero wifi problems. Did not get around to trying ART, so 100% davlik.

Ive ran both of your builds and have had no wifi problems at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by succulent

I myself have no Wi-Fi problems on my build with TI WPA _SUPPLICANT. I think it might depend on the user's router/modem/security.

However, webdroidmt uses my build and have Wi-Fi problem. He replaced the wpa_supplicant.conf from the TI WPA_SUPPLICANT with non TI WPA_SUPPLICANT and it fixes it for him. Maybe someone here should test it out to see if it fixes the Wi-Fi problem for them.
All they have to do is edit the content inside /system/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Non TI WPA_SUPPLICANT

Code:
update_config=1
ctrl_interface=wlan0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
p2p_no_group_iface=1
TI WPA_SUPPLICANT
Code:
update_config=1
ctrl_interface=wlan0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
device_name=Blaze
manufacturer=TI
model_name=Wilink
model_number=wl18xx
serial_number=12345
disassoc_low_ack=1
concurrent_sched_scan=1
config_methods=physical_display virtual_push_button keypad
p2p_disabled=1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

22nd January 2014, 04:39 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyang

1/18 unofficial or nightly ? The 1080p fix probably didn't make in until the 1/19 nightly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

1/19 still broken for Vplayer with HW decode.
22nd January 2014, 04:41 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I have HD 1080p movies stutter problem on 1/17 build, the 1/18 one did fix it for me. Mine is HD+ using Archos player (the best video player, plays everything I throwed at it including 1080p)
22nd January 2014, 05:21 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I love vplayer, but I had to abandon it months ago because it wouldn't reliably play back videos without slowdown or stuttering and sometimes it couldn't play them at all. It sorely needs updating. In the meantime I have been using archos and mx player. Both work really well.
22nd January 2014, 09:00 AM |#505  
Quote:
Originally Posted by succulent

I myself have no Wi-Fi problems on my build with TI WPA _SUPPLICANT. I think it might depend on the user's router/modem/security.

However, webdroidmt uses my build and have Wi-Fi problem. He replaced the wpa_supplicant.conf from the TI WPA_SUPPLICANT with non TI WPA_SUPPLICANT and it fixes it for him. Maybe someone here should test it out to see if it fixes the Wi-Fi problem for them.
All they have to do is edit the content inside /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Non TI WPA_SUPPLICANT

Code:
update_config=1
ctrl_interface=wlan0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
p2p_no_group_iface=1
TI WPA_SUPPLICANT
Code:
update_config=1
ctrl_interface=wlan0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
device_name=Blaze
manufacturer=TI
model_name=Wilink
model_number=wl18xx
serial_number=12345
disassoc_low_ack=1
concurrent_sched_scan=1
config_methods=physical_display virtual_push_button keypad
p2p_disabled=1

I've decided to track which change breaks remembering wifi connections for me, and managed to narrow it down to the line "config_methods=physical_display virtual_push_button keypad". If I take that single line out of wpa_supplicant.conf I have no more issues, at least with the work 802.1x EAP (TLS) network. I have yet to see if this line is essential for WPS pairing.
22nd January 2014, 12:17 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've had no problems with wi-fi turning off and on when the screen turned off and on using both official and unofficial CM 11 builds on my HD. However, I've been using Llama to do it.

Today as a test I turned Llama off, and under "Keep wi-fi on during sleep" I checked Never. The problem I am seeing is that wi-fi won't turn off when the screen turns off. I double checked in my router's setting and the HD is staying connected. Is there another setting that has to be set?

I've turned Llama back on. Llama is 100% reliable for me, and so I have no problem using if forever. But it would be nice if I could also get the native function working.
22nd January 2014, 12:53 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrian

I love vplayer, but I had to abandon it months ago because it wouldn't reliably play back videos without slowdown or stuttering and sometimes it couldn't play them at all. It sorely needs updating. In the meantime I have been using archos and mx player. Both work really well.

In 1/19 build MX Player plays 1080p .mts no problem. Archos can't handle AC3 audio. Vplayer stutters. So looks like apps issue not the build.
22nd January 2014, 12:58 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chn110

In 1/19 build MX Player plays 1080p .mts no problem. Archos can't handle AC3 audio. Vplayer stutters. So looks like apps issue not the build.

Actually I think if you install the free archos codecs pack it will handle ac3, but I still prefer mx player anyway. What I love about archos is the media library layout and the ability to see network shares; I wish mx player could incorporate some of those features, then I would use it exclusively.
22nd January 2014, 04:57 PM |#509  
Flag Waidhofen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
@verygreen
I have been using succulent's CM11 build and I haven't experienced any reboots, black screen issues or Wifi problems. But your build is much faster and snapier. Maybe you could check with him and find out why his builds don't have the issues and implanted into your ROM?
Anyway, thanks a lot for all the work you have done so far!
22nd January 2014, 08:10 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm not on the latest CM11 nightly (I'm on 0118) so this might not mean much, but whenever I wake up my HD+ with the power button I hear an audio pop or crackle. It is just for an extremely short instant. I usually have my volume turned off so didn't notice this before, but it only does it if my volume is not off. I didn't have it turned up all the way either, just somewhere mid-range. I saw an earlier post where someone was getting an audio pop with an immediate reboot, this is not happening to me, just an audio pop, I have had no lockups, crashes or reboots at all with CM11. It works great.

Also, I have had no screen flashes with CM11 but this seems oddly familiar. I have 2 HD+ nooks and one of them had screen flicker months ago right after I rooted it and put CM10.1 on it. I think it was on my wife's nook and was annoying her enough she didn't know if she liked the nook or not, but luckily it went away, probably with a new nightly ROM and she has loved it ever since. Now, her nook is still on 10.2 because I have been waiting for CM11 to get a little more stable (I don't like to mess with her working setup).
22nd January 2014, 09:07 PM |#511  
Flag Waidhofen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcahoe

I'm not on the latest CM11 nightly (I'm on 0118) so this might not mean much, but whenever I wake up my HD+ with the power button I hear an audio pop or crackle. It is just for an extremely short instant. I usually have my volume turned off so didn't notice this before, but it only does it if my volume is not off. I didn't have it turned up all the way either, just somewhere mid-range. I saw an earlier post where someone was getting an audio pop with an immediate reboot, this is not happening to me, just an audio pop, I have had no lockups, crashes or reboots at all with CM11. It works great.

Also, I have had no screen flashes with CM11 but this seems oddly familiar. I have 2 HD+ nooks and one of them had screen flicker months ago right after I rooted it and put CM10.1 on it. I think it was on my wife's nook and was annoying her enough she didn't know if she liked the nook or not, but luckily it went away, probably with a new nightly ROM and she has loved it ever since. Now, her nook is still on 10.2 because I have been waiting for CM11 to get a little more stable (I don't like to mess with her working setup).

Do you have lockscreen sound turned on?

And regarding your wife's NOOK set up: I wouldn't mess with it either. I went back to the CM10.2 Snapshot M1, installed 8x8 trim kernel and installed Tablet UI and it is ROCK SOLID. Seriously - I love CM11 and its snappyness but the reboots, flickering issues made me go back to this stable set-up. We will just have to wait for a stable CM11.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)