By sfhub, Senior Member on 9th May 2012, 01:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th June 2012, 04:48 AM |#501  
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

I just uploaded a BRICKFIX AOKP 37 so if you can at the end, ODIN flash AGAT CWM, and just flash AOKP 37 once so we can know it is safe also.

Okay, good timing as I'm just finishing up step 6 for the second go round.

8th June 2012, 04:48 AM |#502  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,296

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric68

Gotcha.

Okay, here goes nothin

Just got a break and a little late to the excitement here.
Thanks Esoteric68 for being willing to give this a go! And once again thanks to sfhub for the work and being right on top of it. Watching this with excitement. More XDA awesomeness here.
8th June 2012, 04:51 AM |#503  
Flag Hellabama

More
Quote:

I just uploaded a BRICKFIX AOKP 37 so if you can at the end, ODIN flash AGAT CWM, and just flash AOKP 37 once so we can know it is safe also.

Go through steps 1-6 again but with AOKP brickfix and update kernel instead of CM9, yeah?

FYI second set of testing (starting off by flashing Agat's ROM) completed with no troubles.

Will report back after the AOKP series is completed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esoteric68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Esoteric68 Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 04:58 AM |#504  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,242

More
If you have the energy to go through the whole set, sure, but I was just going to say flash AOKP BRICKFIXv1 once to make sure it works too (make sure to flash AGAT CWM repack first)

I think if you actually flashed AOKP for the whole test plan, we can be very confident there is no luck involved, as that will be something like 6 flashes of CM9, 3 flashes of AOKP, 3 factory resets, 3 nandroid restores, and 1 flash of mostly stock FF02
8th June 2012, 05:02 AM |#505  
Flag Hellabama

More
Quote:

If you have the energy to go through the whole set, sure, but I was just going to say flash AOKP BRICKFIXv1 once to make sure it works too (make sure to flash AGAT CWM repack first)

I think if you actually flashed AOKP for the whole test plan, we can be very confident there is no luck involved, as that will be something like 6 flashes of CM9, 3 flashes of AOKP, 3 factory resets, 3 nandroid restores, and 1 flash of mostly stock FF02

I'm in the groove, may as well give it one more run through just to be sure.

Will report back shortly (btw I might need new volume and power buttons for my phone when I'm done lol)
8th June 2012, 05:05 AM |#506  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I'm in the groove, may as well give it one more run through just to be sure.

Will report back shortly (btw I might need new volume and power buttons for my phone when I'm done lol)

I think you already know, but for the Recovery portion, you can use the capacitative buttons.

Up, Down, Back, Select (in left to right order)
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 05:33 AM |#507  
Flag Hellabama

More
Quote:

I think you already know, but for the Recovery portion, you can use the capacitative buttons.

Up, Down, Back, Select (in left to right order)

Thankfully lol

Okay the first flash of AOKP brickfix went fine, so I'm going to continue on down the list and see how it goes.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Okay, steps 1-6 completed using the AOKP files. No issues to report. Home screen change was present following the Nandroid restore.

I've never had such a high Odin count lol thank god for the usb jig!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Esoteric68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Esoteric68 Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 05:41 AM |#508  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thankfully lol

Okay the first flash of AOKP brickfix went fine, so I'm going to continue on down the list and see how it goes.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Okay, steps 1-6 completed using the AOKP files. No issues to report. Home screen change was present following the Nandroid restore.

You are awesome. Thanks so much for taking the risk.

Now I'm off to recruit a few more testers to make sure you don't have a super-phone that is immune to bricks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 05:43 AM |#509  
Flag Hellabama

More
Quote:

You are awesome. Thanks so much for taking the risk.

Now I'm off to recruit a few more testers to make sure you don't have a super-phone that is immune to bricks.

My pleasure glad I could help.

I'm going to give my phone (and my brain) some much needed rest now.

Thank you for working so hard on this and good luck with future testing!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esoteric68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Esoteric68 Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 05:47 AM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 502

More
Looks like you guys may have it licked, Congratulations!
Way to go, Esoteric!

I would offer my phone up for testing, but...

Well, I hope y'all understand...
The Following User Says Thank You to robertm2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robertm2011 Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 06:00 AM |#511  
Flag Hellabama

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm2011

Looks like you guys may have it licked, Congratulations!
Way to go, Esoteric!

I would offer my phone up for testing, but...

Well, I hope y'all understand...

Totally understand. Your contribution (sacrifice) is what helped move this thing forward and kept others from bricking during the same process.

Thank you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esoteric68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Esoteric68 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)