[PROJECT] Android Flan 2.1 Hero build with Sense UI - Added conf for swap partition

Search This thread

osamaa

Oct 10, 2009
Amman
www.osamaa.com
So I will start from polyrhythmic's thread about porting Eclair Hero 2.1 to Kaiser.

A package with all files is available now. Thanks herpez

So Let's have Android 2.1 on Blackstone (HTC HD) Now.

I "Guess" this build is generic, Not sure which devices can it be run on.
babijoee, if it's generic, then "One For All, All For One". :)

I could successfully installed Android Flan 2.1 with SENSE UI on my Blackstone, and here are my results:

Working:
-Radio Fully Works.
-SMS Fully Works.
-Vibration.
-USB Charging and Debugging.
-Touch screen.
-Keyboard.
-Microphone.
-Front Speaker.

Not Working
-Wifi
-GPRS
-GPS
-Bluetooth
-External Speaker
-HTC Widgets. (Thinking of getting rid of them)
-Other things (Will be determined during the process of testing)

Issues:
-Very slow when booting first time. (Reason is Rosie UI Launcher, I removed it locally and increased Boot speed as well as the whole device itself clearly)
-If you feel that the device is freezed, no make sure cuz it's not. It's just doing SO MANY processes.
-This build needs patience, so if you are not patient please save your device from your anger and don't test it.

Download: (So all credits goes to polyrhythmic now, and we will use his files to make Android 2.1 work perfectly on Blackstone).

http://www.4shared.com/file/185118411/18defbb0/filessense.html
Thanks herpez for upload. herpez Tested it and it's working.

Installation:
1- Download the Package and exctract it to your computer.
2- IMPORTANT - Download the zip file that is attached with this post, extract it and copy ALL the files in it to conf folder in the build.
3- Copy the files to your SD-Card. (MUST use clean one)
4- So your SD card will look like this:

SD Card Root
/conf/*ALL CONF FILES IN THE ATTACHED ZIP
Haret.exe
initrd.gz
zImage
rootfs.img
system.sqsh
startup.txt

5- Run Haret.
6- Post your feedback !Important!

IF you're using a swap partition on your SD card DOWNLOAD THIS and rename it to eclairhero.user.conf

Note: This build is useless without creating a swap file, the .conf file will create a swap file, otherwise use a swap partition to store data in.

Screenshots and FAQ are to come.

Cheers, ;)

Attachments

• conf.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 3,190
Last edited:

Wajk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2007
WooW :eek:

attachment.php

THNX for YouR WorK !!!

sunnymiu

Nov 25, 2007
Brilliant! But so poor that the essential HTC widget of Sense cannot run and it was unable to connect to the internet =(

Bl@ck

Nov 6, 2008
Rome
So this is real duh, btw Android 2.1 is called Flan not Eclair.

i'd like to remind that this test builds are unstable, test at your risk and make a backup, i lost all data on my SD card after testing the first Eclair build (android 2.0.1).

Last edited:

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
Does anyone knows if its possible to use files from both 2.1 and 2.0? That way it would be easier to port!

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
We could try to extract all the files and then compare it with the 2.0 release to see what were the changes

imtiyazee

Feb 20, 2007
DUBAI
Really appreciate your efforts, people behind this project are true dreamers, the day is not very far when we all see a fully developed OS is ready to use.

Best of Luck for all the efforts.

osamaa

Oct 10, 2009
Amman
www.osamaa.com
So this is real duh, btw Android 2.1 is called Flan not Eclair.

i'd like to remind that this test builds are unstable, test at your risk and make a backup, i lost all data on my SD card after testing the first Eclair build (android 2.0.1).

thanks so much bro. I will put all the files in a zip file, upload it and post it with Flan name.

Yes, it's unstable. We will work on this here to make it work.

stoolzo

Dec 27, 2008
rom?

Hi, I have seen lots of android projects knocking around now, how far are we from and actual working rom so winmo can be ditched altogether?, clearly the rom would have to be reflashable bk to winmo though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    still cant get passed "HaRET: Booting Linux" this is what i did.

1. plugged in my phone to my PC, formated my SD card ( as it sas on the first page i need a clean one )

2. downloaded filessense.rar, extraced everything to my SD card (eclairhero.user.zip, initrd.gz, Eclair-ready__rootfs.img, haret.exe, STARTUP.TXT, system.sqsh, zImage-15-12-09 )

3. renamed Eclair-ready__rootfs.img to just rootfs.img and renamed zImage-15-12-09 to just zImage

4. created a map on the sd carded "conf"

5. downloaded conf.zip, extracted everything to SD Card/conf

6 unplugged the phone from my pc, ran HARET from my phone, i get "HaRET: Booting Linux" the blue little loading meter gets full...... nothing, no black screen, no linux coding.. nothing. im stuck.. did i do something wrong?

cheers

did you try formatting your SD card again?