**OFFICIAL** What Phone Should I Buy?

Search This thread

BobBruff

Aug 12, 2010
Evo?

Sorry for trying to bring this thread back from the dead (and for the rhyming), but did anyone make the jump from the Photon to the EVO 4g LTE? Thoughts? Should I go for that or for the Optimus?

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
Sorry for trying to bring this thread back from the dead (and for the rhyming), but did anyone make the jump from the Photon to the EVO 4g LTE? Thoughts? Should I go for that or for the Optimus?

Left Photon for Samsung Galaxy Note II. But............darn near any smartphone you pick now days is a good move. Quad-Core and now Octa-Core is out? More memory? True HD 1080P? 13MP Cameras? Its a personal choice. JMO

hirent

Nov 5, 2011
Louisville

The EVO LTE is a year old now, if you are upgrading and signing a 2 year contract, go with a newer model.
I wanted to get the Note II but it never came down below $200 (or so) for upgrades and then the 2013 models arrived with their 1080p screens and Snapdragon 600 SOCs.

I myself upgraded to the HTC One (just last Friday) and am loving it so far.
Great design, amazing metal casting, Full HD 1080p display, Optical Image Stabilization, 32GB emmc w/ 26 GB available and the list goes on.
The only drawback for me is lack of SD card slot. However, it supports USB OTG out-of-the-box, no rooting required.

The price is cheaper than most flagships, and HTC has been offering a $100 trade-in rebate.
Newegg has the cheapest price @ $130, which is where I bought mine.

Good Luck in whatever you decide.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention!

In light of all the posts that are deleted and/or closed due to many off-topic posts about what device a person should buy, I have created this official thread.

Although XDA is not a place to extensively talk about what device person should buy, some forums permit it. So to help keep the threads a little cleaner, you may post your questions here.

Granted there are other sites more into device reviews and comparisons, but in the interest of keeping some people happy, and to avoid getting posts deleted, this thread is created for people who have no idea what device to get.

In the end, you should still march your happy self to a shop, and play with the devices that are available. Only then will you be satisfied with your purchase.

Any posts elsewhere asking such questions, that should be in this thread, will still be deleted or closed. This includes posting multi-duplicated posts in several forums outside of official threads.

Thanks, and Hope you use this.