[ROM] (updated 11/16/2012)ParanoidAndroid for G tab

Have you figured out how all the custom Paranoid Settings work?

• Yes, eventually.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Sort of, kind of bugs out on me though

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No, still trying or I went back to another rom.

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Paranoid Android for Gtab

Ok people, here is my best PA build so far. It has much improved gaming abilities, much fewer crashes, and the graphics glitches are all but gone. Probably still needs work, but everything I want out of it, I am getting. Your input, good or bad is invaluable for making it and other Gtab roms BETTER.

Please use a 350mg partition, per teamdrh's nvflash.
1. boot into recovery, wipe data/ factory reset
2. go to advanced, wipe dalvik cache
3. go to mounts and storage, format system.
4. Load rom from PC, and flash
5. On first boot, after the boot animation, there will be a blank screen for about a minute while the paranoid settings initialize, this will look wrong, but it is AaaaaaLRIGHT.
6. After boot,the initial setup should be:
A)Go to SETTINGS>SYSTEM>NAVBAR and turn on softkeys
B)Go to SETTINGS>paranoidsettings>and check tablet mode for all three. I also recommend changing statusbar to 120DPI, then apply changes and reboot.
7. Boot into recovery, and flash GAPPS, I recommend:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1918484&highlight=gapps+market+only
(choose the jellybean package, and thank the guy)
Any other gapps I recommend installing individually from the market, but you can use the GAPPS from the smoothbean thread too

THATS IT! You're ready to roll,mod,play, whatever.

For the GAMERS:

With the intitial setup, along with overclocking to 1200mhz, deadtrigger plays flawlessly. I had one crash in a total of five hours of gameplay over three days.
For Gt racing, and some other gameloft games please hold power button, then turn on "EXPANDED DEKTOP"

Same goes for NBA JAM

For Mass Effect, go to SETTINGS>ParanoidSettings>apps>mass effect>and set it to 140 dpi, then check "force" and large screen"

Frontline commando, working great for me, but JesseJamez reported a couple of crashes, so I dont know what the deal is here.

For any game that crashes, the first recommendation is to turn on EXPANDED DESKTOP. THE SECOND RECOMMENDATION is 140 dpi, then the 3rd is 140 dpi with EXPANDED DESKTOP.

NBA2K13, plays but it lags, I think this is the limit of our GTABS!

Six Guns: version 1.0.6 that I posted previously works great

If you cant get your game to work, please try to find a previous version of the game if you cant get it through settings changes

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS:

*Fixed for permissions in kernel for IO scheduler, can now be changed in Settings>performance
*merge latest from CM10
*merge up to PA version 2.54
*various tweaks for stability, hurts the speed, but helps tha GAMEs!
*proper implementation of newest NV libraries posted on github by plastikman, along with latest commits to the 2.6.39 kernel
*you can now go BIG, up to 240dpi

SO....SHOULD I USE THIS OR SMOOTHBEAN?????
Well, if you are a NBA JAM nut, or you have parents who need it BIGGER, this is the rom for you.
Otherwise, there is no need to switch from smoothbean other than curiosity.

HERE YOU GO>>>>>

http://d-h.st/6pK

ENJOY!!

UPDATE 11/25/2012 Important!
Audio fix for MP3s and some games, courtesy of nobe:
http://d-h.st/J3O

******KNOWN ISSUES: If you have any developer options on, it may break antutu, just flip switch at top off. one game i tried would software loop until I switched these off too, so its something else you can try.**********
________________________________________________________________________________

***as with all custom roms, I am not responsible for bricks, bad installs, or thousand mile wide hurricanes that turn into blizzards, so flash AT YOUR OWN RISK!

_________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE GO THANK TEAMDRH, FOSSER, NOBE, AND PA MEMBERS....THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT THESE GUYS!!!

Last edited:

huntar

Aug 1, 2009
Will have to try this... running SmoothBean now, but since my gTab is not completely set up I am open to playing around. Will let you know how it goes.

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Very Nice :good: I am taking this one for the ride of her life. Only thing done so far is CPU freq. change to 1200/456

Hats off

Screenshot_2012-10-31-20-13-16.png

Last edited:

lulonen

At least paranoidandroid on gtab! Thx!

Slow as Drh but works. Excel lagos I gotowe one problem on ever start - kalendarz from gapps generale error at every start on my tab.

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9300 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
There it is I've been waiting for this to drop, i do not take any credit you guys rock, I just tested drove this beeyatch to the limits. Nobe1976 here it is again, bro I'm sorry for the slip on ur thread I was drinking and have your sig on everything

I can't post pic what gives?
Crosspawnated gtab noid as hell, always blacked out...

Last edited:

omkar62

Dec 4, 2009
Love it sofar

I loaded this ROM on top of SmoothBEAN and it seems to be super smooth, much less freeze while moving accross apps and overall a good user exp

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
Here ya go... I guess you can't use two device on one post with posting pictures through editing. I have to say tweak tweak... Thanks guys

Sent from a Crosspawnated G T@B noid as can be, always blacked out....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351784863378.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351784863378.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 952
Reactions: redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Good news guys. I got all the PA settings to work. THe tab had to be set up as a phone first, then you can change to phablet, or tablet. And, for gaming, all the per app DPI settings now work. Nobe is going to activate the ZRAM for me, and fix the audiopolicy.conf for HDMI audio and we will post later today, so please hang tight, I promise this next one is GOOD TO GO!

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
At least paranoidandroid on gtab! Thx!

Slow as Drh but works. Excel lagos I gotowe one problem on ever start - kalendarz from gapps generale error at every start on my tab.

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9300 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

I think there are GAPPS for paranoid. Check their site. I will also look into this. Plus, make sure that if you run full gapps, you may need a 350meg system partition, using the teamdrh 350 PREP.

Once again, please go thank fosser or any other teamdrh member somewhere for making this possible.

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
Does it get better?.?

sent from a quick azz noid gtab.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351788035201.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351788035201.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 301

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
hello
I'm sorry this has support for 3G and 1gb of ram? gps?
thanks friend

Same base as dhr, (op doesn't have gps mod, most likely won't make a mod for it) you asked the same question there, and in blackbean, anything with this base will always be the same..
Not being rude, i guess I don't no how to pick the right vebage

Srry about double post OP

Edit* I have a good set of gapps if anyone looking

sent from a quick azz gtab paranoid az can be

Last edited:

johnnybr

Jun 26, 2011
Testing and stuff

Hi people!

Thanks redeyedjedi! Installed here with no problem. Still in test, so...
Seems very good.
Well, no gapps yet. My benchmark is attached. Weird, my database io is always low...

On menu "performance" I can't change i/o scheduler. It's on "noop", when I open and change to other option, still "noop".

Well, good job and thanks!

Sorry for bad english

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-01-19-24-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-01-19-24-56.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 233

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Hi people!

Thanks redeyedjedi! Installed here with no problem. Still in test, so...
Seems very good.
Well, no gapps yet. My benchmark is attached. Weird, my database io is always low...

On menu "performance" I can't change i/o scheduler. It's on "noop", when I open and change to other option, still "noop".

Well, good job and thanks!

Sorry for bad english

Did you happen to do a full wipe before install? Something trailing over from a different ROM might be holding you back. The update script states in it to format system, but I think the settings are different from mine and it might not be doing a full job. Always wipe before switching (System, Data, Cache, and re-partition to the specs needed so nothing gets left. I did some testings and this ROM also buffers and Stores on the Data app partition like all others. So as a reminder if you only do a re-partition during installation you will loose all data and have to setup all over again. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Paranoid Android for Gtab

Ok people, here is my best PA build so far. It has much improved gaming abilities, much fewer crashes, and the graphics glitches are all but gone. Probably still needs work, but everything I want out of it, I am getting. Your input, good or bad is invaluable for making it and other Gtab roms BETTER.

Please use a 350mg partition, per teamdrh's nvflash.
    1. boot into recovery, wipe data/ factory reset
    2. go to advanced, wipe dalvik cache
    3. go to mounts and storage, format system.
    4. Load rom from PC, and flash
    5. On first boot, after the boot animation, there will be a blank screen for about a minute while the paranoid settings initialize, this will look wrong, but it is AaaaaaLRIGHT.
    6. After boot,the initial setup should be:
    A)Go to SETTINGS>SYSTEM>NAVBAR and turn on softkeys
    B)Go to SETTINGS>paranoidsettings>and check tablet mode for all three. I also recommend changing statusbar to 120DPI, then apply changes and reboot.
    7. Boot into recovery, and flash GAPPS, I recommend:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1918484&highlight=gapps+market+only
    (choose the jellybean package, and thank the guy)
    Any other gapps I recommend installing individually from the market, but you can use the GAPPS from the smoothbean thread too

THATS IT! You're ready to roll,mod,play, whatever.

For the GAMERS:

With the intitial setup, along with overclocking to 1200mhz, deadtrigger plays flawlessly. I had one crash in a total of five hours of gameplay over three days.
    For Gt racing, and some other gameloft games please hold power button, then turn on "EXPANDED DEKTOP"

Same goes for NBA JAM

For Mass Effect, go to SETTINGS>ParanoidSettings>apps>mass effect>and set it to 140 dpi, then check "force" and large screen"

Frontline commando, working great for me, but JesseJamez reported a couple of crashes, so I dont know what the deal is here.

For any game that crashes, the first recommendation is to turn on EXPANDED DESKTOP. THE SECOND RECOMMENDATION is 140 dpi, then the 3rd is 140 dpi with EXPANDED DESKTOP.

NBA2K13, plays but it lags, I think this is the limit of our GTABS!

Six Guns: version 1.0.6 that I posted previously works great

If you cant get your game to work, please try to find a previous version of the game if you cant get it through settings changes

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS:

*Fixed for permissions in kernel for IO scheduler, can now be changed in Settings>performance
    *merge latest from CM10
    *merge up to PA version 2.54
    *various tweaks for stability, hurts the speed, but helps tha GAMEs!
    *proper implementation of newest NV libraries posted on github by plastikman, along with latest commits to the 2.6.39 kernel
    *you can now go BIG, up to 240dpi

SO....SHOULD I USE THIS OR SMOOTHBEAN?????
    Well, if you are a NBA JAM nut, or you have parents who need it BIGGER, this is the rom for you.
    Otherwise, there is no need to switch from smoothbean other than curiosity.

HERE YOU GO>>>>>

http://d-h.st/6pK

ENJOY!!

UPDATE 11/25/2012 Important!
    Audio fix for MP3s and some games, courtesy of nobe:
    http://d-h.st/J3O

******KNOWN ISSUES: If you have any developer options on, it may break antutu, just flip switch at top off. one game i tried would software loop until I switched these off too, so its something else you can try.**********
    ________________________________________________________________________________

***as with all custom roms, I am not responsible for bricks, bad installs, or thousand mile wide hurricanes that turn into blizzards, so flash AT YOUR OWN RISK!

_________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE GO THANK TEAMDRH, FOSSER, NOBE, AND PA MEMBERS....THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT THESE GUYS!!!
    I promise, soon, just being tested for now, and it will be put on dev-host so the link wont die.

Kitchen is done.

GET IT
    Yay, im super excited!! THANK YOU OP!!!!!!!!!

How is everyones experience going so far?

I would love to give this a go, but I just BEARLY got my smoothbean set up and running. How you you guys feel they compare in terms of stability and battery?

Thank you,

It is 95% the SAME rom. PA has different settings, UI control, thats it. The only other difference is that this one has updated cm10 code from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. It does put up better numbers, but if you would wait just a little bit, i have an updated version on the way where it all works as it should, except for one little tweakable setting for I/O.
    Good news guys. I got all the PA settings to work. THe tab had to be set up as a phone first, then you can change to phablet, or tablet. And, for gaming, all the per app DPI settings now work. Nobe is going to activate the ZRAM for me, and fix the audiopolicy.conf for HDMI audio and we will post later today, so please hang tight, I promise this next one is GOOD TO GO!
    Very Nice :good: I am taking this one for the ride of her life. Only thing done so far is CPU freq. change to 1200/456

Hats off

Screenshot_2012-10-31-20-13-16.png