HTC TyTN FieldTest application [Engineering / Monitor Mode]

Search This thread

gagaga2

Feb 11, 2007
Try these two drivers. tell me the results

:)

here is available the new driver (Qualcomm USB Host Driver version 2.0.3.1 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003)

is possibile download form this site?

http://www.pudn.com/downloads63/sourcecode/comm/usb/detail222536.html#

This readme covers important information regarding Qualcomm USB Host Driver
version 2.0.3.1 for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Table of Contents

2. MAJOR FEATURES

1) Major bug fixes for operations under Windows XP, backward compatible with
Windows 2000. Support 64-bit Windows.
2) Introduced new solution to the Windows open handle issue. The solution makes the USB virtual/PNP COM port's behavior similar to that of a physical COM pois to perform a second reset or re-connection of the device. It's also recommended that users obtain Mirosoft hotfix Q822112 to reduce the possibility of this problem.

This problem is fixed in Windows XP SP2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

rfmanganaro

Dec 22, 2006
Kuala Lumpur and Venice
here is available the new driver (Qualcomm USB Host Driver version 2.0.3.1 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003)

is possibile download form this site?

http://www.pudn.com/downloads63/sourcecode/comm/usb/detail222536.html#

This readme covers important information regarding Qualcomm USB Host Driver
version 2.0.3.1 for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Table of Contents

2. MAJOR FEATURES

1) Major bug fixes for operations under Windows XP, backward compatible with
Windows 2000. Support 64-bit Windows.
2) Introduced new solution to the Windows open handle issue. The solution makes the USB virtual/PNP COM port's behavior similar to that of a physical COM pois to perform a second reset or re-connection of the device. It's also recommended that users obtain Mirosoft hotfix Q822112 to reduce the possibility of this problem.

This problem is fixed in Windows XP SP2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Thanks Gagaga2, how to download the driver?it is in chineese!can you send it to my mail? rfmanganaro@gmail.com
Thnaks a lot,

petersuncn

Apr 2, 2007
Any progress to make MDA Vario II connect to QXDM?

Have a MDA Vario II, tried all ways here, but still did not connect MDA Vario II connect to QXDM to take down the logs. Any new view here? Thanks a lot.

dodolgarut

Jul 24, 2006
needs an application to route diagnostic monitor data from Hermes to PC

In the older HTC PPC it is called DMRouter.ex*. This will enable an extra Port (COM) in the PC (besides the HTC USB modem). Then you can connect QPST/QXDM (runs in the PC) to that particular DM port.

I was also told that different Radio ROMs might have different implementations (or just have the DM port turned on or off).

Looks like fieldtest.ex is an application that runs on Hermes device and access the COM6 (RIL) which might be the DM port.

DMrouter routes this port to the PC.

Does anyone have this application or a similar one?

gregnash

Jun 11, 2005
Looks like fieldtest.ex is an application that runs on Hermes device and access the COM6 (RIL) which might be the DM port.

DMrouter routes this port to the PC.

Does anyone have this application or a similar one?

Fieldtest.exe calls (among other things) 6 functions in ril.dll:
ril_initialize
ril_deinitialize
ril_getequipmentstate
ril_getsignalquality (some non-hermes ril.dll don't have this)
ril_devspecific
ril_getradiopresence

MS docs say ril_devspecific is the place for custom diagnostics etc.

ril.dll has calls to cellcore and coredll, and connects to a com port for some (not sure if it's all) of its queries. Being vendor-implemented it could access anything that is allowed by hardware and by the kernel.

mister_peter7

Jul 29, 2007
QXDM working on JASJAR

I managed to get QXDM work with JASJAR, for this I used the DMRouter.exe software and Qualcomm USB Host drivers (search for Axess_tel.zip). The QXDM software gets a lot of interesting information from the Qualcomm chip.
Now, the question is how can I get this information from inside the device? I would like to understand what exactly the DMRouter.exe program does, and then to communicate with the chip directly, the same way QXDM does.
Can anybody help with the disassembly of DMRouter.exe?

bastos

Dec 12, 2006
I managed to get QXDM work with JASJAR, for this I used the DMRouter.exe software and Qualcomm USB Host drivers (search for Axess_tel.zip). The QXDM software gets a lot of interesting information from the Qualcomm chip.
Now, the question is how can I get this information from inside the device? I would like to understand what exactly the DMRouter.exe program does, and then to communicate with the chip directly, the same way QXDM does.
Can anybody help with the disassembly of DMRouter.exe?

Hi Peter, Thats great. Can you post the DMrouter? I have an HTC TynT and would like to use it with QXDM.