[Nov 20][WWE-GER-ITA] udK Leo R7 + WM6.5.3 BETA1 - Base v2.31 - Leo 1.48

Search This thread

rffuller

Jul 27, 2009
Phuket
First impressions...

Feels quicker and more stable than Tom's. No freezes yet :)

Managed to receive a READABLE SMS - this did not happen in Tom's.

However, some of the same bugs appear in this ROM :(

- No sound on YouTube
- Internet page launches IE rather than Opera
- World clock. Not taking daylight saving hours into account. Shows GMT for London etc.

LOVE the new Home tab with weather :):):)

qbus00

Nov 7, 2008
Kraków
First impressions...

Feels quicker and more stable than Tom's. No freezes yet :)

Managed to receive a READABLE SMS - this did not happen in Tom's.

However, some of the same bugs appear in this ROM :(

- No sound on YouTube
- Internet page launches IE rather than Opera
- World clock. Not taking daylight saving hours into account. Shows GMT for London etc.

LOVE the new Home tab with weather :):):)

I would add also WiFi icon which is appearing on taskbar from time to time for just a second even if WiFi is disabled. Not a big deal but it's annoying for me ;).

CommanderDuplex

Jul 17, 2009
Schwabenländle
the weather icon on today dont work on my device , he cant find "weather data" , i am in rome ,so i think the city is big enough

can someone help me ?

and the rom ist on startup very fast , but when i install some apps was the performance sooo low -.-

hardresett dont help -.-

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
my finds:

-sms has lots of bugs but usable
-wifi turns on & off every 10-15 seconds

music tab was restarting manila i changed reg:
HKLM\Software\HTC\AudioManager_Eng\Config\Request_Memory:300000(Hex) - [Default 200000(Hex)]
and now its working good...

hope to see wifi fix...

icons looking great btw.

htakahasyd5

Mar 8, 2007
After three hour trial of Leo_R1, I decided to go back to R6 due to unstability. I experienced one freeze and one automatic hard reset. The freeze was caused when I tried to input password to unlock screen, which was interestingly WM6 screen (not WM6.5). The hard reset was caused when I pushed reset button due to the freeze.

Thank you. :)

madman_cro

May 14, 2009
no problems yet. i did 2 hard resets and 5 soft resets and then i set all up. wifi isnt turning on. i havent tried music player yet but i will give it a go now

daffie

Sep 9, 2005
The Hague
the weather icon on today dont work on my device , he cant find "weather data" , i am in rome ,so i think the city is big enough

can someone help me ?

and the rom ist on startup very fast , but when i install some apps was the performance sooo low -.-

hardresett dont help -.-

Weather on Home screen only shows the weather at current location...i.e. My location. Check settings at Menu > Weather clock settings > Show weather at my location

htakahasyd5

Mar 8, 2007
After three hour trial of Leo_R1, I decided to go back to R6 due to unstability. I experienced one freeze and one automatic hard reset. The freeze was caused when I tried to input password to unlock screen, which was interestingly WM6 screen (not WM6.5). The hard reset was caused when I pushed reset button due to the freeze.

Thank you. :)

I realized that the automatic hard reset erased my microSD as well. What a bad day.:(

daffie

Sep 9, 2005
The Hague
I've been testing this rom for the past few hours and I have not come against one bug, freeze, or other problem. The only thing I found is the wifi icon keeps popping up...3G...wifi...3G...wifi...3G. Not sure if that means wifi turning on and off, or just something cosmetic.

I did experience rather fast battery drain, much faster that with other newly installed custom rom's while installing and testing. Could be wifi related...

I really like the look of Manila 2.6, especially the weather on the Home screen and landscape music and pictures.

Related question : is there any way to get 4-icon rows in the Start menu? I think it's much nicer looking than the 3-icon rows as icons are smaller. And also more icons can be viewed at one time.

So far so good...great rom again. Thanks udK!

Last edited:

CommanderDuplex

Jul 17, 2009
Schwabenländle
on "my location" the rom find nothing , Navi. find a GPS satelitte , but manila not ??

and when i install the manila startup cab. manila crashes und start again, its normal ??

the rom works very bad....

my battery are from 100% of 10% in 2H !!! without Wifi ore data connections! ITS NORMAL ???

Fab985

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2008
Wooooooooooooooooooooooow

I thinking about make a donation to you
So you can buy a dictionary and learn the meaning of one word

SHARING

this is not correct,

Bravo udK, come al solito noi dobbiamo accontenarci delle briciole :(:(:(:(

racerx_

Mar 27, 2007
Do you do some softreset since flash. ROM gets at it's speed after about 3-5 softresets or so.

AND A MINIMUM OF 1 HARDRESET (2 MIGHT NOT BOTHER EITHER)!!!

Pietrucci-
just curious what the cause of this would be in regard to ROMs running faster after 3-5 soft resets? not knocking you, it just doesn't seem logical.. i mean what's the difference between 1 hard reset or 5?

madman_cro

May 14, 2009
found out 2 things.
1. d3d driver is not instaled so you have tižo do it your self
2. that wifi turning on is windows thing. i disabled manila and still happens.
i will research further

lashtal

Aug 10, 2009
msk
did not work well for me..
wifi constantly kept turning on/off and I couldn't connect to my router,
GSM signal reception has been very weak (2 bars instead of usual 4),
so I decided to revert back to official ROM..

Overloaded

Apr 23, 2009
Everything work fine here, except for the 3D stuff.. it's very slow.

And the wifi turning on/off

I hope this can be fixed with a cab

chris5s

Still running WM6.5 R6 - solid so far with no issues or bugs. Battery life is very good, no probs with wifi or any other connectivity. Running 4.47.25.13 radio. Programs install fine, no excessive hard/soft resetting required. Interface is clean and nice, like the large icons in start menu. Memory usage seems good, too - usually low 40% ram, nice!
Great stuff :D Think I'll hang onto this for now, don't see a need to upgrade ;)

Last edited: