[Program] Updated: 8-5-10: 1 Click SimpleRoot OTA 1.47.651.1 Edition

Search This thread

1candydick

Sep 19, 2010
1 Click SimpleRoot OTA 1.47.651.1 EditionArrow question

Hello & greetings to the community....

Apologies but I'm learning on here..and had a few questions in regards to rooting the evo...

Can one go back to default factory settings once they have rooted their evo?
If so please point me in the right direction of the how to guides or docs (on rooting the evo) please.. Also What particular name of s/w do you all recommend to use in backing up your evo device

Also, once rooted, can one perform all system updates via sprint and not mess up the phone? or would one have to re-root?

Would appreciate all and any quality advice from you all..Thanks & cheers!

puncho22

Oct 11, 2010
So, I went back to 2.1 using this method, stopping where it says to run the unrevoked program:

hxxp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=765496

I'm now trying to root using SimpleRoot OTA 1.47 (hxxp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=720565). I installed simpleroot and am running it from my computer. When I try to update, it goes "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application." I ran the first process anyways.

Software info:
Firmware version - 2.1-update1
Baseband version - 1.36.00.04.02
Build number - 1.17.651.1 CL160858 test-keys
Software number - 1.17.651.1

What do I do from here? TIA

Igotsanevo4g

Aug 28, 2010
San Diego
I rooted using the downgrade and simple root (3-click not this 2 click update) and it was all good and kosher.

I unrooted to swap evo's and i downgraded, and got this new version which is not working.

It pushes the files and what not, but it says that main version is older or something along those lines when it loads the P36 file in bootloader, it doesnt let me update it just says reboot or not reboot.

Do you have the older version on a mirror, or is there a way to get this working?

I really dont like unrevoked...

-------------------------

Just kidding, I decided to run it again, and it mysteriously worked this time. Sweeeet.

Last edited:

princezznikki

Jun 25, 2009
Is there an update than can be used with froyo? I'm a complete noob when it comes to rooting and flashing roms on android

Android version 2.2
Baseband version 2.15.00.11.19
Build number 3.70.651.1 CL294884 release-keys
Software number 3.70.651.1

Vinchenzop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
Is there an update than can be used with froyo? I'm a complete noob when it comes to rooting and flashing roms on android

Android version 2.2

If you've still got froyo (2.2), with your "noob" status, you'd probably be better off using unrevoked3... it's one click... just follow all instructions to a "t" and you'll be rooted in no time

Edit: here is a link to the unrevoked3 thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=787304

Tower, this is SkyRaider requesting a fly-by...

Last edited:
Reactions: princezznikki

princezznikki

Jun 25, 2009
If you've still got froyo (2.2), with your "noob" status, you'd probably be better off using unrevoked3... it's one click... just follow all instructions to a "t" and you'll be rooted in no time

thanks!! what about unrevoked forever? would i need that to flash a custom rom?

pcmactek

Jan 6, 2008
I sent you a couple of dollars for donation, thought you would deserve it, and the download link is a generic search site!! WHAT GIVES???? where is the downloadable file?????!?!?!?!?!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys- stupid post but I did it so maybe others are.

In step one when the command prompt turns red make sure to follow the directions and reset the data on your phone. To do this go to settings>privacy>reset

If you do not do this step 3 will not complete.

How do you know if Step 3 completed? Did it tell you to refresh the browser on your phone and then press any button on your computer? If not restart from the beginning.

If you do have to restart delete the 6 files on your sd card that the hack created.

Android version 2.2