FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,379

By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2015, 07:51 PM |#1111  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyTeebaum

Hey I upgraded my pistons and purchased the new piston 3
Is there any DDC for them available ?
Thanks

Not that I'm aware of.

To create a vdc file for the DDC, there are 2 possibilities.

1. Find a frequency response graph someone has measured with proper equipment. Create a vdc or have it created by someone who can do it (instructions were given by Joe0Bloggs).

2. Use your own ears to profile it, equalize it to your liking. Save the equalizer or get the values, invert them and again, create a vdc file or have one created.

E.g. for Joe's policy of creating it (and still, without your own impression or a frequency response graph it's highly unlikely to become reality), you can either donate to boost your priority or you have to wait in a queue with all other requests. For details see the opening post by Joe.

I don't want to put Joe under pressure, but given the example of the SoundMAGIC E10, there were several donors and Joe was able to buy the E10 for himself and tune them afterwards. Maybe that is an option.
The Following User Says Thank You to l_aios For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift l_aios Ad-Free
13th June 2015, 08:41 PM |#1112  
Flag Freiburg
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_aios

Not that I'm aware of.

To create a vdc file for the DDC, there are 2 possibilities.

1. Find a frequency response graph someone has measured with proper equipment. Create a vdc or have it created by someone who can do it (instructions were given by Joe0Bloggs).

2. Use your own ears to profile it, equalize it to your liking. Save the equalizer or get the values, invert them and again, create a vdc file or have one created.

E.g. for Joe's policy of creating it (and still, without your own impression or a frequency response graph it's highly unlikely to become reality), you can either donate to boost your priority or you have to wait in a queue with all other requests. For details see the opening post by Joe.

I don't want to put Joe under pressure, but given the example of the SoundMAGIC E10, there were several donors and Joe was able to buy the E10 for himself and tune them afterwards. Maybe that is an option.

Thanks for your response
I think im a bit unmotivated for this and for now my ear phones are quite decent
For way 1 its to early and there are no frequency response graphs online
And for way 2 I think I'm to inaccurate to do this by myself
But thanks anyway
13th June 2015, 08:58 PM |#1113  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyTeebaum

Thanks for your response
I think im a bit unmotivated for this and for now my ear phones are quite decent
For way 1 its to early and there are no frequency response graphs online
And for way 2 I think I'm to inaccurate to do this by myself
But thanks anyway

You are most welcome.
I just wanted to point out the ways to go, maybe there will be a graph in the near future. Version 2 was also not that easy to find, iirc. Even the just as popular E10 set was playing hide-and-seek. In the end, Joe tuned them first from the graph, but was unhappy with the results, so he used his ears as soon as he got the E10.
The outcome is superior in comparison to the graph.

As for your ears, that's exactly what I feel for mine, too.
20th June 2015, 03:12 PM |#1114  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Would really appreciate it if you could do a DDC for Monster Beats Solo HD (first version)
Tried to do my own in Electri-Q but it seems I'm too stupid for that ;D

FidelityData http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/...rDreSoloHD.pdf

greetings from Germany
21st June 2015, 10:40 AM |#1115  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I recently lost my Sony MDR-1 headphones, but buying the noise cancelling Bose QC-25 easily made me overcome that loss.
I'm now using the DDC for the QC-15, but would prefer a dedicated one for my headphones.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/...25NCActive.pdf

I'm not using the convolver since I've read it's the feature that consumes the most energy, but would still be interested in an IRS-file for testing purposes.

Thanks in advance
23rd June 2015, 04:05 AM |#1116  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

Hello flither,

Looks like you're already pretty far along in tuning the E10! Maybe you could reproduce your tuning on the EQ program I use
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1yw2w8ahu...stall.exe?dl=0
And then export and send your .e-q file to me. From there it will be plain sailing to produce a DDC or IRS exactly matching your tuning That would be a home run for all involved

Thanks thanks thanks soo much for sharing, official website was giving me error during download. but this link works.
24th June 2015, 10:19 PM |#1117  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
How about a .irs for the Grado SR60e's? I'm quite surprised there's none since they're quite popular. I'd say they're a bit trebly as stock, so just a tad bit of reduction there should help.
25th June 2015, 09:32 AM |#1118  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Deleted

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435217497905.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	3377830  
28th June 2015, 04:58 AM |#1119  
Hey is there any possibility that you can do irs for akg y50. Because I love those headphones. And lowbass is the best.
30th June 2015, 03:34 PM |#1120  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
http://en.goldenears.net/56170

Please help to make for LG HBS 900
4th July 2015, 02:51 PM |#1121  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 518

Donate to Me
More
I have a pair of sennheiser mm70's and I'm wanting to find out technical info on them ( to see if any of the headphones on the list would compare to them), but I have no idea where to even look for this info.....any guidance as to where to start?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)