Texting using Wifi

Search This thread

DarkPhoenix

Sep 6, 2007
Lebanon, TN
I have been using Heywire for sms. It does not do mms but it is excellent for sms. The person you send the message to doesn't need to have Heywire installed.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

thesaber2000

Feb 15, 2011
you can try texttab. What it does is connect thru Bluetooth to your phone, and receives any SMS your phone gets and sends them to your thrive. Which you can reply and send on your thrive once your paired up.

eilisaine

Dec 15, 2010
TexTab worked awesome on mine! I absolutely love that program. Thanks for the head's up on that app. Definitely worth paying for it...

steven7590

Oct 22, 2010
I have google voice and I have loved being able to text from any browser, including the thrive's browser. Especially if you're on sprint for your mobile servce, I would strongly recommend setting up google voice.

Sent from my Epic 4G SON!!!!!!

High_Life

Jun 20, 2011
I have google voice and I have loved being able to text from any browser, including the thrive's browser. Especially if you're on sprint for your mobile servce, I would strongly recommend setting up google voice.

Sent from my Epic 4G SON!!!!!!

Sprints decision to work in collaboration with google voice makes it this way. I have Sprint and love them for this. A friend of mine is having trouble figuring out how to send google voice sms from his Thrive since he is on TMobile tho.

Xavion2004

Jul 13, 2010
I use DeskSMS, I started using it over month ago and the fact it actually syncs with my contacts on my phone rather they have Google Voice or any other service makes it IMO the best app there for texting over wifi without having to jump between phone numbers. Especially for those of us that didnt want to lose our MMS capability by completely syncing with Google Voice.

MeInGatineau

Aug 20, 2011
Gatineau
I tried DeskSMS for a little while and it works ok. I stopped using it because Google Voice Canadian numbers are still not available. Hopefully I will use DeskSMS again once Canadian Google voice numbers are available.

Rogers Wireless use to offer wifi calling and text for consumer however this option is no longer compatible with my current plan with them so I had to improvise.

I`ve also tried textplus which work very well and you can get a Canadian number by
paying a monthly fee.

bensalltel

Aug 3, 2010
I am using google voice on all my android devices and computers. Most over wi_fi and all sync almost at the same time. Love the thrive.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can try texttab. What it does is connect thru Bluetooth to your phone, and receives any SMS your phone gets and sends them to your thrive. Which you can reply and send on your thrive once your paired up.
    Does anyone know or can recommend an app the lets you send/receive SMS & MMS with the Thrive over Wifi?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using XDA Premium App.