[ROM][EE4][CWM] GummyCharged FE 2.0 8/26/11

Search This thread

maurogg84

Feb 6, 2011
I don't know what you guys did to this new gummy charged but the phone is flying getting quadrants over 1800's without oc. And it looks awesome. Thanks a lot donation next paycheck.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

midn3rdc

Mar 31, 2011
New Haven, CT.
I love every bit of it. Now I'm just waiting on the GBE of the ROM to be finish by Kejar31 and Team Gummy. Awesome job guys and gals, just in case. :p Do wish you could change the color of the boot screen but it still looks awesome nonetheless! :D

asxa86

Jun 25, 2011
About the overclock. What is the default settings for this kernel? Do I need to download voltage control or setCPU? Or am i good as it is?

d1ja

Apr 24, 2011
Great rom, Super smooth.

Is this using any overclocking ? I'm consistently getting 1800+ quadrants.

If not, is setcpu recommended for this kernel ?

*I see a couple people above had the same thoughts i did.

Last edited:

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Great rom, Super smooth.

Is this using any overclocking ? I'm consistently getting 1800+ quadrants.

If not, is setcpu recommended for this kernel ?

While overclocking is available is is set to standard speeds

As an fyi I use setcpu

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

asxa86

Jun 25, 2011
Was going to ask the same thing. What voltage settings for each 100 mhz increment? Or do we just keep trying till the phone no longer freezes and restarts?

Bananahands

Jul 11, 2010
Great Rom, thanks a bunch for all the work you put into this.

Few issues I've stumbled into...

After rebooting the lockscreen wallpaper is the default gummy wallpaper. After unlocking it goes back to whatever I set it to in TSM parts with subsequent unlocks.

MIUI unlock has some quirks - when pressing the slide to unlock (middle) a blank text box pops up above the slider. Same thing happens when pressing the phone button to unlock to dialer.
With the MIUI unlock the option for custom app comes up, I'm unfamiliar with TSM so does the MIUI custom app launcher launch from what is the sms(messaging as default) slider button? Anyways when trying to change the custom app I just get a Force Close.

I tried going to the Gummy Green theme from the toolbox (updated it first as per instructions in OP) but theme is still blue. I think this may be my fault though as I am using CWM 4.0.1.4 (or whatever imnuts' 8/17 update is), OP calls out to use 4.0.0.8

I havn't tried SetCPU yet - saw that it supports OC, but am I safe to use profiles? Would love to have a screen off profile.

Thanks for the ROM!

Rythmyc

Jul 19, 2011
Just an update for the OC'ers. I was overclocked to 1400, and running quadrants upwards of 2200 without any other tweaks installed yet. Loving it!

d1ja

Apr 24, 2011
Just an update for the OC'ers. I was overclocked to 1400, and running quadrants upwards of 2200 without any other tweaks installed yet. Loving it!
I hear ya...I was never able to run stable @ 1400 before this rom.

After i'm finished playing with oc'ing will be very interested in how this rom is on the battery

Rythmyc

Jul 19, 2011
I have a full work day ahead of me (8 hours mandatory overtime sucks on a Saturday) so i'll be using it pretty heavy. Hopefully it's as good as it was before flashing this. It would be the one deal breaker for me.

anoninja118

Mar 31, 2011
L.A.
been stable at 1.4ghz now for a while, using voltage control... looks great and runs great :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

Hovo

Jun 10, 2011
Got everything running. Works really really nice! Thanks a bunch to Team Gummy :)

You guys think quadrant scores of ~1400 are normal w/o any OC? Seems a bit on the lower end. But everything is stable and running nicely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gummy CHARGED

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!

defaultpg.png

Notes:

* If coming from another ROM You MUST wipe before installing this

The default theme should bring you fully back to stock from any theme within the toolbox

* The first boot after install GummyCharged will take a while at both the Samsung logo and the bootsplash. Give it a couple of minutes

At the very least i recommend a dalvik and cache wipe coming from 1.9.1 to 2.0 as there are many framework changes in this release.

Themes are being added everyday!!! make sure you run updatetb to update your toolbox with the latest version to get the new themes

TeamGummy
    Primary Dev and project lead - Kejar31
    Smali Guru - Dev - Syaoran12
    Kernel Dev - IMoseyON
    Official Artist - Daank
    Official Themer - Gunnermike53
    Forums support - Hazard209

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!! :)
    Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.
    DroidXcon for his help and patience with me while walking me thought the while Odin thing
    Everyone at TeamSbrissenMod for allowing Team Gummy to use TSMparts!

Credits:
    IMNUTS – His initial ed2 Debloated ROM was where I started on GummyCharged 1.0 (although GummyCharged 1.5 has a completely new base)

Sbrissen - For allowing us to use his fascinate smali modifications to bring TSM parts to the Charge! I can not even thank him enough for all his code and modifications.

Features:
    - Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM and Android source trees from Froyo and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
    - New Base built on top of EE4
    - The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts and Camera
    - AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
    - Latest Market included
    - Black Gtalk – themed by Kejar31
    - Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
    - 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by me)
    - Themed Dialer, Contacts, Keyboard Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
    - All apps optimized and zip aligned
    -TSM (TeamSbrissenMod) ported by syaoran12 - allowing the freedom of 8 different lock screen, multiple notification mods, and other tweaks.
    -Updated GummyToolBox allowing you to choose what you want to flash and have it boot into cwm, flash it for you, then reboot again (Kejar31’s little baby)
    -IMoseyON custom kernel 13.6 with working alternative governors for the first time ever on a vzw touchwiz based rom, and OC up to 1.4ghz
    -Voodoo Sound and Lagfix included

More to come...

Known Issues:

The CWM issue with only 4.0.0.8 working with the toolbox has been fixed! You can now run the toolbox from any version of CWM.

Disclaimer:
    I nor anyone in TeamGummy take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.
    TeamGummy is the only charge development team with permission to use TSM parts at this time.

Download:

GummyChargedFE 2.0

Updates:

Any CWM now works with the toolbox!
    Also please remember to udatetb in the terminal to get the newest version of the toolbox.
    We are adding new themes everyday and the only way to see them is to update your toolbox!

Change Log:

-Finished the Theme (if you see a bug let me know)
    *Remeoved the location icon
    *Fixxed black on black text in many places thoughout
    *Fixed white on white text when adding a contact
    *removed the batter charged (credit imnuts)
    *tweaked TW apps for an overall better more integrated look
    -Removed
    *MusicMoc (CM6's Music Player)
    *Media Hub
    *DLNA
    *CM6's Filemanager
    *CM6's Email app (was causing issues with Exchange)
    -Added
    *Google's Music player (the one used with Music Beta)
    *CM7's Files-manager (compiled myself)
    *Email app built from AOSP (fixes Exchange and other issues)
    *Terminal Emulator
    *Gummy Toolbox*******
    -Fixed
    *Email issues
    *FC on contact deletes
    *USB automounting (credit imnuts)

-Toolbox
    *To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
    *The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM
    *Much more to com from the toolbox down the road :)
    *Remove and add Adblocking

-Tweaked Theme
    *Dialer tab tweak - creadit thefunkbot
    *Fixed landscape dialer theme
    *Cleaned up the Phone incall theme
    -Removed
    *TW VideoPlayer
    *misc uneeded apk's in the apps folder
    -Updated/Fixed
    *Gallery3D - fixed sensor leak and video playback
    *Contacts - fixed FC on delete properly this time
    *Calendar - fix FC on access Calendars
    *Terminal Emulator - updated to the one built in CM6
    *Gummy Toolbox*******
    -Added
    *Imoseyon Tweaks - sysctl, SD card read ahead, swap file

-Toolbox updates
    *Added TW Calculator to the install options
    *Added TW VideoPlayer to the install options

*fixed camera
    *fixed swype

*Updated Swype themes
    *Added Reboot Option (recovery + Download) - credit syaoran12

*Added AOSP Browser
    *Added New Market
    *Complete revamped theme and all GummyThemes
    *Added Gummypapers
    *Backup assistant completely removed from contacts

*Fixed misc theme issues across the overall theme
    *Removed AM/PM from the status-bar clock

*Custom kernel by IMoseyON
    *TSMparts for modifications (more information below on usage)
    *updated toolbox for simplicity (sorry no GUI 2.0 released at this time)
    *updated base Theme (we did switch to a blue to give 2.0 a new look as it feels like a new rom)
    *updated dialer completely remade to have the contacts built into the app

Install:
    make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
    -reboot

Install Themes:
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select GummyXthemeX.zip
    -reboot

Accessing the Toolbox:
    -Open Term
    -Type "su" (give root permissions if asked)
    -Type "gummytoolbox"

Update Toolbox:
    -Open Term
    -Type "su" (give root permissions if asked)
    -Type "updatetb"

TSM Information:
    Yes this modification needs no introduction to post fascinate user, but for those who are new to it there are a few things needed to know.

-When you first boot up your clock will be a default of black and appear to be missing. Do not worry this is the way it is. Just goto Settings > TSM Parts > Notification Settings and set your clock color by either 1 selecting a different color in the wheel then clicking it in the center, or just clicking white. Any changes to the clock color requires a reboot to make the changes.

-Hide clock or AM/PM to change you need to rotate your phone to landscape and it will change.

-Custom carrier text and hide alarm both require a reboot to go into effect.

-Choosing your answer type is located within the Misc Settings of TSMParts.

Twitter:
    Follow us on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31 @adamthecashew @imoseyon @gunnermike53 @designbydaank

Donate:
    Donate to Kejar31

Donate to Syaoran12
    does anyone know where i can find the repo for this sucker i want to port to evo shift

OMG...please be a troll...please be a troll...
    I'm a complete n00b here so I'm sorry if I'm going to ask questions that's already been answered.

I'm still stock on my phone, stock EE4. No root, no nothing. How would I go about flashing this ROM to my phone? Let's assume that I need step-by-step directions because yeah... I'm going to need them.

Can't find the exact guide I used but here's a short guide;
    1) Download Odin
    2) Download a kernel you want to use(not needed if you're flashing Gummy2.0 since it auto flashes the kernel for you, so if you are just skip this step)
    3) Download the ROM you want, connect your Charge to the computer then drag/drop the ROM to your SD card
    4) Download the SD card fix and drag/drop that onto your SD card
    5) Download Clockwork Recovery
    6) Turn your phone off(once the screen turns black wait 30 seconds so you know it's fully turned off
    7) Remove the battery
    8) Open Odin on your computer
    9) Now while holding the "Down" volume rocker, plug your phone into the computer(with Odin open) and keep holding it until a little yellow triangle pops up on your phones screen AND you see Odin recognize the device. Once you see both of those things you can release the down button
    10) Now insert your battery
    11) Then uncheck the "auto-reboot" option
    12) Click the PDA button & select the clockwork mod recovery file you downloaded(will have a .md5 file extension)
    13) Double check that you are using the PDA button and NOT the phone button. The phone button will BREAK your phone. NEVER EVER USE THE PHONE BUTTON.
    14) Check that you're using the PDA button again
    15) Seriously, make sure it's the PDA button.
    16) Now just click Start
    17) If it says "Passed!" then that's great, you're done with the hard part(that wasn't even hard, was it?)
    18) Now remove the battery from your phone, then unplug it from your computer
    19) Insert the battery and hold this button combination; Up Volume Rocker + Home button, while holding those two you can begin holding the power button. Once you see the Samsung logo you can release the power button but KEEP holding the up volume rocker + home button until you see a custom Clockwork recovery menu. To navigate through Clockwork the volume rockers = Up & down. and the power button is what you use to select things.
    20) From there choose "Install zip from SD card", choose the SD card fix first. Select the "yes" option.
    21) Now select the "Wipe data/factory reset" option
    22) Select the "Wipe Cache" option
    23) Go to the advanced and wipe Dalvik cache
    24) Now select install zip from SD card again but this time select your ROM(if it's Gummy it should be named "GummychargedFE_2.0" or something like that.
    25) Go back to the main menu & select "reboot phone now"
    26) Let it reboot, it should take about 5-15 minutes, don't pull the battery out. It's supposed to take a long time on the first boot, just be patient.

That's it! You're rooted & rom'd. I honestly didn't think I'd type this much crap out. Hope I helped though :p
    read the original post people and follow instructions!
    where do I select color? and by doing that..it shows the clock?

THANKS

settings > tsm parts > statusbar settings > uncheck HIDE CLOCK

settings > tsm parts > statusbar settings > text color

Again - select color on outer ring, then click on that color which is now in the center circle. Reboot.