[Tool] Fix Test Mode

Search This thread

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
[METHOD 1]
After flashing a fresh tot back to your device, you should have factory reset the device. This will get you out of test mode.

[METHOD 2]
So you have a ton of data and don't want to factory reset. Then use this tool.
This is a screenshot of a good run..
ScreenshotVS910.PNG

Download V1.0.0.2 Software Here

Download Drivers
Driver Download

*This does require Dotnet 3.5 Framework to be installed*
*This tool is for XDA Members only.

[Instructions - Simple]
1. Plug your lg into your computer.
2. Install all drivers
3. Open Device Manager
4. Under Ports look for "LG AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM*)
5. Note the COM* my case COM6.
6. Open software in the drop down select COM* my case COM6
7. Click "Connect" wait for phone to reboot.
Your done, your device is out of test mode and connections restored.

[Instructions - Video]
Video Instructions

[Updates - Changes]
V1.0.0.1 - Initial Release
V1.0.0.2 - Added MS-910 Esteem from MetroPCS

<MOD EDIT>

Last edited by a moderator:

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
Tool is live, it only works for the VS910 software. Please DO NOT attempt to use it on just any phones.

tommy_o

Sep 28, 2006
wow

that was very quick...how long did u have this up your sleeves? you pretty muched saved me from getting another phone because i wire tether alot and test mode prevented me from ever connecting to the computer

Reactions: amoamare

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
I've known sense day one haha :( sad I know but I dont really visit the revolution forum. The whole reason I did was from the front page.

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
Please post with your results. There have been well over 100 downloads and it would be great if at lest 10% of you posted your results for others to see.

Any issues your having etc this way I can start seeing the success rate thanks.

lentm

Dec 3, 2008
Please post with your results. There have been well over 100 downloads and it would be great if at lest 10% of you posted your results for others to see.

Oh. MY. GOD.

It really works!!

My girlfriend's phone was always stuck in test mode even if i flash new tot.

Thank you so much!! You are my hero!

Reactions: amoamare

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
Thanks for your feedback. The more people who leave feed back the better. This way we can see if its working across all phones. I'm 100% sure it should but you never know.

nasaiya

Feb 5, 2012
No luck for me. I tried it on windows XP (with .NET framework 4 installed) and the program just crashes every time I try to run it. The microsoft "send error report" dialog appears but the application never starts up all the way.

Are there any other prerequisites other than .NET 4?

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
I'm an idiot and built with client profile. So install dotNet 4 Client version.

The new version is dotnet 3.5 none client and will support MS910 Esteem from MetroPCS

The only issue is the report of who needed this came from androidforums and sense i'm not a fan of them for banning me for misleading staff.. I'm not sure i'm going to post it just yet. I really only want this for xda members and might have to come up with a method that will require them to be an XDA member.

nasaiya

Feb 5, 2012
I did just try this again on windows 7 (not my computer so I'm unsure about the software on it) and it worked perfectly! I'm now out of test mode! Thanks!

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
Great thanks.

Mannn121, doesn't have a enough post count but was very nice to pm about his success as well. Seems like a very good success rate so far.

ant001

Mar 13, 2008
Works for the LG MS910, used it multiple times for customers! Your a life saver!!! extremely simple

nasaiya

Feb 5, 2012
I did notice one negative side effect... either that or I've forgotten the sequence to enter that "hidden menu".

Entering ##lgservicemenu doesn't seem to work anymore after running the fix... It's not a big deal but worth mentioning...

Is there another way to access it?

genkiakuma

Apr 26, 2012
I'm having a problem. After about 100 times of reconnecting the usb cord, I finally get the computer to recognize the ports in device manager and reveal which one is the revo, when I open the program, it quickly states in red that my phone isn't a revo and auto closes....any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [METHOD 1]
    After flashing a fresh tot back to your device, you should have factory reset the device. This will get you out of test mode.

[METHOD 2]
    So you have a ton of data and don't want to factory reset. Then use this tool.
    This is a screenshot of a good run..
    ScreenshotVS910.PNG

Download V1.0.0.2 Software Here

Download Drivers
    Driver Download

*This does require Dotnet 3.5 Framework to be installed*
    *This tool is for XDA Members only.

[Instructions - Simple]
    1. Plug your lg into your computer.
    2. Install all drivers
    3. Open Device Manager
    4. Under Ports look for "LG AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM*)
    5. Note the COM* my case COM6.
    6. Open software in the drop down select COM* my case COM6
    7. Click "Connect" wait for phone to reboot.
    Your done, your device is out of test mode and connections restored.

[Instructions - Video]
    Video Instructions

[Updates - Changes]
    V1.0.0.1 - Initial Release
    V1.0.0.2 - Added MS-910 Esteem from MetroPCS

<MOD EDIT>
    this is reserved for my marriage proposal to you if this works
    Fixed! It was amazingly fast, and I am now out of test mode! I can mount usb to my computer now, and the long-press # menu is gone. Woohoo!!
    wow

that was very quick...how long did u have this up your sleeves? you pretty muched saved me from getting another phone because i wire tether alot and test mode prevented me from ever connecting to the computer

Oh. MY. GOD.

It really works!!

My girlfriend's phone was always stuck in test mode even if i flash new tot.

Thank you so much!! You are my hero!