EasyFlasher - Install CWM/Root/unbrick in one click! [ALL TF101][NVFLASH]

Search This thread

whitekidney

Jun 14, 2009
KRRb2.png

Hi there, this is a beta version of a tool that I made.
It's designed to be used by people that are unfamiliar with Wheelie or Nvflash.
This is a tool designed to automate the process of unbricking your device, flashing a new firmware, or flashing recovery.

This tool uses Wheelie and Nvflash.
Credits to Androidroot.mobi for Wheelie and Nvidia for Nvflash! :)
Thank you AndroidRoot crew for reviving my tablet.
WARNING: ONLY USE THIS ON TF101 DEVICES - IF USED ON OTHER DEVICES YOU WILL BRICK IT

Works for:
ANY TF101:
SBK1 (B10-B70)
SBK2 (B70,B80,B90++)
Some B70 models are SBK1, some newer B70 are SBK2, if you don't know which one you have, try both!

Does NOT work for:
TF101G (TF101 3G)
SL101 (TF101 Slider)

Requirements:
APX Drivers ( I recommend using these )

Flashing recovery:
  1. Start EasyFlasher.
  2. Follow the simple instructions (click the buttons)
  3. ???
  4. Profit! If you want Root, download latest Superuser, put on sdcard/internal storage and flash from CWM.

Instructions for unbricking/flashing ASUS stock firmware.

1. Download the latest ASUS WORLDWIDE Firmware [yarr.fjolstad.no - direct https]
    Mirror [MEGA]
  2. Put the .zip inside the "asusupdate" folder (inside EasyFlasher folder)
  3. Do _NOT_ UNZIP it. Else this won't work.
  4. Click the "Flash Asus stock zip" button in EasyFlasher and it'll do the rest of the job. :)

Screenshot:
Jrscx.png

Download:
Latest version always available on my site: https://yarr.fjolstad.no/pub/EasyFlasher-0.8.3b-STABLE.zip

NOTES:
Even though I test every release before I release it, please note that some things could be broken.
I am not responsible if your device is bricked, (although that should be impossible unless you can't get into APX mode for some reason)
Changelog:

Code:
[B]Version 0.8.3*[/B]
 Fixed progressbar
 Rewrote some code to fix XP issues
 Fixed some minor issues
[B]Version 0.8.2*[/B]
 Removed some unused code
 Added official TWRP 2.2.1 & Roach CWM recovery
 New GUI again
 Removed Ubuntu button (separate app. coming)
[B]Version 0.7.1[/B]
 Added TWRP 2.2 recovery
 Removed backup/restore - Use recovery instead guys, it's much faster and nvflash is.. buggy when reading large partitions. Might still add a flash function.
 Added most of the code for ubuntu dualboot, however the function is not yet implemented, I need to test it some more, PM me if you want to betatest. 
 Rewrote some code
[B]Version 0.6[/B]
 Code for backup/restore added, needs further testing.
 Cleaned up the GUI, again. still ugly.
[B]Version 0.5[/B]
 Did some work on the GUI, still ugly
 Added OneFlash - unbrick/restore to stock in 1 click.
 Wrote code for superuser autoflash, needs more testing.
 Want to be a beta tester for future features? PM me :)
[B]Version 0.4[/B]
 Released first public beta, everything should work.
 Recovery Flashing Added.
[B]Version 0.3[/B]
 Added SBK Selection
[B]Version 0.2[/B]
 Rewrote how I use wheelie/nvflash
 new GUI
[B]Version 0.1[/B]
 Test GUI
 Wheelie added.

Last edited:
Yeeha!

After days of frustration and a marathon 6-hour run today, I finally got a working recovery. You are so my hero!

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Never donated to anyone before but thought I'd throw you a beer or so. No donate button though.

whitekidney

Jun 14, 2009
After days of frustration and a marathon 6-hour run today, I finally got a working recovery. You are so my hero!

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Never donated to anyone before but thought I'd throw you a beer or so. No donate button though.

Thanks :) But I'd appreciate it if you donated to AndroidRoot instead, they are the reason why all of this is possible, they worked hard on Wheelie.

You can donate to them here if you wish:
http://androidroot.mobi/donations/

zedorda

Apr 26, 2011
Am I understanding this right? This will make NVflash usable on my B8O?

zedorda

Apr 26, 2011
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH. I am not going to stress about flashing nearly as much now. I was always scared of a bricking chance since NVflash wasn't an option.

Now that I have done this can I use the standard NVflash tool for flashing ROMs also?

Last edited:

jtc42

Jan 2, 2007
Bath
Looking forward to trying this. I was wondering, how hard would it be to make an "idiot-proof unbrick" option on this?

Basically I was thinking make it so the user downloads the latest ASUS blob files or whatever it needs, and then have a button that automatically runs the scripts to unpack it and then flash it.

Would it be easily doable? May save a lot of people new to this a lot of headaches :)

whitekidney

Jun 14, 2009
Looking forward to trying this. I was wondering, how hard would it be to make an "idiot-proof unbrick" option on this?

Basically I was thinking make it so the user downloads the latest ASUS blob files or whatever it needs, and then have a button that automatically runs the scripts to unpack it and then flash it.

Would it be easily doable? May save a lot of people new to this a lot of headaches :)

This is coming in the next version which will be out later today. :)

Reactions: eioous

joefloater

Jun 3, 2010
windsor
Sorry for the noob question but can this be used to downgrade to honeycomb by putting one of the zipped blob files from Wolfs thread in the asusupdate folder?

whitekidney

Jun 14, 2009
Sorry for the noob question but can this be used to downgrade to honeycomb by putting one of the zipped blob files from Wolfs thread in the asusupdate folder?

Yep, should work, tell me if you have any error and I'll reprogram it for you.
Putting just the "blob" file in the temp folder should also work.

speedy11131

Nov 24, 2010
Bah, stupid Android with red exclamation point!
EDIT: Nevermind, I am an idiot. At least now I know my Transformer is SBK2, all is working fine, thanks!

joefloater

Jun 3, 2010
windsor
Yep, should work, tell me if you have any error and I'll reprogram it for you.
Putting just the "blob" file in the temp folder should also work.

I have tried it both ways, with the zip file in the asusupdate folder and with the blob in the temp folder and either way it just hangs and does nothing. :confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KRRb2.png

Hi there, this is a beta version of a tool that I made.
    It's designed to be used by people that are unfamiliar with Wheelie or Nvflash.
    This is a tool designed to automate the process of unbricking your device, flashing a new firmware, or flashing recovery.

This tool uses Wheelie and Nvflash.
    Credits to Androidroot.mobi for Wheelie and Nvidia for Nvflash! :)
    Thank you AndroidRoot crew for reviving my tablet.
    WARNING: ONLY USE THIS ON TF101 DEVICES - IF USED ON OTHER DEVICES YOU WILL BRICK IT

Works for:
    ANY TF101:
    SBK1 (B10-B70)
    SBK2 (B70,B80,B90++)
    Some B70 models are SBK1, some newer B70 are SBK2, if you don't know which one you have, try both!

Does NOT work for:
    TF101G (TF101 3G)
    SL101 (TF101 Slider)

Requirements:
    APX Drivers ( I recommend using these )

Flashing recovery:
    1. Start EasyFlasher.
    2. Follow the simple instructions (click the buttons)
    3. ???
    4. Profit! If you want Root, download latest Superuser, put on sdcard/internal storage and flash from CWM.

Instructions for unbricking/flashing ASUS stock firmware.

1. Download the latest ASUS WORLDWIDE Firmware [yarr.fjolstad.no - direct https]
      Mirror [MEGA]
    2. Put the .zip inside the "asusupdate" folder (inside EasyFlasher folder)
    3. Do _NOT_ UNZIP it. Else this won't work.
    4. Click the "Flash Asus stock zip" button in EasyFlasher and it'll do the rest of the job. :)

Screenshot:
    Jrscx.png

Download:
    Latest version always available on my site: https://yarr.fjolstad.no/pub/EasyFlasher-0.8.3b-STABLE.zip

NOTES:
    Even though I test every release before I release it, please note that some things could be broken.
    I am not responsible if your device is bricked, (although that should be impossible unless you can't get into APX mode for some reason)
    Changelog:

Code:
    [B]Version 0.8.3*[/B]
     Fixed progressbar
     Rewrote some code to fix XP issues
     Fixed some minor issues
    [B]Version 0.8.2*[/B]
     Removed some unused code
     Added official TWRP 2.2.1 & Roach CWM recovery
     New GUI again
     Removed Ubuntu button (separate app. coming)
    [B]Version 0.7.1[/B]
     Added TWRP 2.2 recovery
     Removed backup/restore - Use recovery instead guys, it's much faster and nvflash is.. buggy when reading large partitions. Might still add a flash function.
     Added most of the code for ubuntu dualboot, however the function is not yet implemented, I need to test it some more, PM me if you want to betatest. 
     Rewrote some code
    [B]Version 0.6[/B]
     Code for backup/restore added, needs further testing.
     Cleaned up the GUI, again. still ugly.
    [B]Version 0.5[/B]
     Did some work on the GUI, still ugly
     Added OneFlash - unbrick/restore to stock in 1 click.
     Wrote code for superuser autoflash, needs more testing.
     Want to be a beta tester for future features? PM me :)
    [B]Version 0.4[/B]
     Released first public beta, everything should work.
     Recovery Flashing Added.
    [B]Version 0.3[/B]
     Added SBK Selection
    [B]Version 0.2[/B]
     Rewrote how I use wheelie/nvflash
     new GUI
    [B]Version 0.1[/B]
     Test GUI
     Wheelie added.

Thanks :) But I'd appreciate it if you donated to AndroidRoot instead, they are the reason why all of this is possible, they worked hard on Wheelie.

You can donate to them here if you wish:
    http://androidroot.mobi/donations/
    Thank you for your answer :) (I pressed Thanks button at least xD), tried the new 0.8 version still no luck. Any more ideas? :( If not, I will throw this against the wall xD.

Thanks in advance. :)

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

By the way, is there any way to know what SKU is my TF101, without entering Recovery/System/Etc, only APX mode? I'm from Spain, and I don't know my SKU. With SKU i mean, that in the Asus Support page, when downloading firmwares, it asks you for your SKU (WW, TW, US, JP, DE special...), I wanna know mines.

Thanks in advance :)

Yeah same, I'm not sure what mine is as well ...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app
    TW = Taiwan | US = USA | JP = Japan | DE = Germany
    WW = worldwide (any other than those above)

I have a TF101 B80 and none of the 0.8.2b C or D would work for me. it would run like normal i see it going thru partitions format then when it finshed with partition # 15 it would kick out and say done. But it would not boot or nothing after messing with it for a couple of hours i tried 0.7.1 and it worked flawess no problems booted right up. Thanks again for all your hard work :)
    This is weird because I didn't change anything in these versions other than minor GUI changes and added new recoveries.

To all people this works except for me. :( I tried the version 0.7.1, and still no luck, now, instead of stucking at:

Code:
    Sending bootloader...
    Sending file 100%

It stucks at:

Code:
    Using BCT: 'transformer.bct'

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :)
    Try another computer, usb port etc, I don't know what's causing this (it's not my tool that's causing this)

I see your using SBK2 did you try to use SBK1 with 0.7.1 and see if it would work.
    Shouldn't make a difference, the asus flash/unbrick function has been the same since 0.7

EDIT:

If anyone feel like testing, this runs wheelie much earlier (shouldnt matter) and has some file checks before flashing.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31118/EasyFlasher-0.8.3-test.zip

Test that version and see if you still get stuck in apx mode.

0.9 will feature a md5 whitelist system (it checks the file checksums before flashing so that you don't flash corrupted data) and some more cool stuff
    nice!......wont try it but i can appreciate how much easier it will make things:)
    Quick question, what if i cant get my tab into apx mode (volume up button is broken physically). My issue is I have a improperly installed Rom I was stuck in an infinite boot loop but somehow PERI tool resolved that now I want to just reflash recovery and superuser so I can restore my backup via TWRP. any ideas?

You need to find a alternative root method, sorry. PERI should work for you or the Transformer Toolkit.

Anyways, updated to version 1.7.1, here's whats new:
    • Added TWRP 2.2 recovery
    • Removed backup/restore - Use recovery instead guys, it's much faster and nvflash is.. buggy when reading large partitions. Might still add a flash function.
    • Added most of the code for ubuntu dualboot, however the function is not yet implemented, I need to test it some more, PM me if you want to betatest.
    • Rewrote some code