[DECOMISSIONED] Windows Mobile VI Pro - Black 2.0 [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

UKMadBeef

Feb 21, 2007
I've got an Orange M3100 (stock) with SPL 1.04 - wiki says this bootloader doesn't check CID, so can I get away without updating it? (ie. just load the new OS alone?) IPL is 1.01 and it's a HERM100 if that matters.

Radio is a bit old (1.06.00.00) so that might need doing too?

Or am I just asking for a brick? (it's still well under warranty so I'd rather not void it by upgrading to stuff I can't undo / don't need) Never done any of this before so go easy hehe draw me a picture or sommet

Cheers :)

stukes

Feb 5, 2007
Orlando
Memory Link

OK... I have gone crazy looking for this. In Start>Settings there is a Memory link... where does this file point to? It used to be \Windows\Memory.lnk but alas... it is no more..

I want to add this to my cLaunch app.. :)

Stop Looking I posted the shortcuts before:

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34658&d=1172638901

This file should get your shortcut back again. I made it for wm5 but just tested it in the wm6 and it still works. Just let me know.

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
I've got an Orange M3100 (stock) with SPL 1.04 - wiki says this bootloader doesn't check CID, so can I get away without updating it? (ie. just load the new OS alone?) IPL is 1.01 and it's a HERM100 if that matters.

Radio is a bit old (1.06.00.00) so that might need doing too?

Or am I just asking for a brick? (it's still well under warranty so I'd rather not void it by upgrading to stuff I can't undo / don't need) Never done any of this before so go easy hehe draw me a picture or sommet

Cheers :)

Cuurently I don't think you can go back to the O/s your phone came with so not changing the bootloader and radio will not make much difference.....

Are you Orange UK? Just installed WMB 2.0 including the 1.4 Bootloader. Am using 1.27 radio - would not go back. If there is a problem and I need to return the phone it will have to be after an unfortunate accident under the Orange care.....

nforsans

Jul 23, 2005
London, UK
whats going on?

I hope you can help - I'm confused. i upggraded earlier to Black 0.1 and 0.2 with no problem. I ran SPL 1.30Olipro before upgrading to black 0.2.

now I want to upgrade to black v 2. I downloaded the rom from megaupload and, although jasjamming said this was OS only, I was prompted to indicate which SPL i ran. i checked the Hermes upgrading guide, then upgraded to SPL 1.40 olipro. All is fine. i now run SPL1.40Olipro. Now when I run the black2.0.exe file, the RUU says "tplease be aware the flasher is intended solely for SPL 1.11 only and you must have 1.11 hard-SPL installed in order to flash any unsigned file". By the way, this comes from the "PDA phone ROM Update Utility 3.12.3.7".Is that the version used by jasjamming in its latest release of Pro Black 2.0?

I am confused. Shall I ignore this warning and upgrade, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide...

Last edited:

dbaser

Jan 23, 2007
Mobile, AL
I hope you can help - I'm confused. i upggraded earlier to Black 0.1 and 0.2 with no problem. I ran SPL 1.30Olipro before upgrading to black 0.2.

now I want to upgrade to black v 2. I downloaded the rom from megaupload and, although jasjamming said this was OS only, I was prompted to indicate which SPL i ran. i checked the Hermes upgrading guide, then upgraded to SPL 1.40 olipro. All is fine. i now run SPL1.40Olipro. Now when I run the black2.0.exe file, the RUU says "tplease be aware the flasher is intended solely for SPL 1.11 only and you must have 1.11 hard-SPL installed in order to flash any unsigned file". By the way, this comes from the "PDA phone ROM Update Utility 3.12.3.7".Is that the version used by jasjamming in its latest release of Pro Black 2.0?

I am confused. Shall I ignore this warning and upgrade, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide...

Follow this link and read...

http://www.mrvanx.myzen.co.uk/hermes_guide/black/Black.html

Big ups to mrvanx! :)

nforsans

Jul 23, 2005
London, UK

thats exactly what I've done - I then selected SPL 1.40 and ticked the box, but running the RUU tells me I should run SPL 1.11
by the way, notice the RUU version used in the guide is differnt from the one I got from proBlack2.exe file...

one thing I've noticed is that, when downloading then unzipping HardSPLv6 from mrvanx's guide, I only get two files: RUUWrapper.exe and RUU_signed.nbh - No trace of ROM_Upgrade.exe
Where is it?

any idea?

Last edited:

Ninja1

Nov 17, 2006
Castro Valley, CA
Excellent job guys! I have found only one problem, and I am not sure if it is with the ROM, or iGuidance.

When iGuidance v3.01 is in fullscreen mode (eg, when I am driving) it will not switch back to the windowed view when the car stops. Touching any icons in this state will cause iGuidance to crash to the desktop. iGuidance worked fine under ROM 1 and 1.2. I have also noticed this with LVSW's latest build, so I am thinking that it might be a WM6 issue.

Has anyone noticed this behavior? Or anything similar? Even better, has anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:

dbaser

Jan 23, 2007
Mobile, AL
thats exactly what I've done - I then selected SPL 1.40 and ticked the box, but running the RUU tells me I should run SPL 1.11
by the way, notice the RUU version used in the guide is differnt from the one I got from proBlack2.exe file...

any idea?

Make sure you have SPL 1.40.Olipro then Click the "I Understand..." box and move on...

sherpa

Jul 29, 2004
USA
All done! Thank you! :)

CapScr0001-1.jpg

paul_o

Sep 4, 2006
Great ROM, very quick & stable, TT6, BBConnect, Jetware, Voice Commander - all working fine and very fast.

Big thanks to all the dev team - props for the first non beta ROM out on the street
:D

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6

one thing I've noticed is that, when downloading then unzipping HardSPLv6 from mrvanx's guide, I only get two files: RUUWrapper.exe and RUU_signed.nbh - No trace of ROM_Upgrade.exe
Where is it?

any idea?

Run the file when you download black2.0, do EXACTLY as i say in the guide and the upgrade will be easy......your thinking too much ;)

pl55

Oct 18, 2006
Thnaks for the info. Now I'm going to upgrade my Jasjam from Black 1.2 to 2.0 . Hope the Sprite restore will do the trick :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.