3,294 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,187

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2012, 08:25 AM |#31  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Finally, an ICS ROM that makes me want to flash it (even though I do prefer sense... ), thank you
May I suggest though that you'd provide MD5 check sums, just to avoid issues with bad downloads etc...
Another question is, do I have to flash gapps after install since you have provided it? or is that an option?
Also, perhaps a stupid question, but will this install do anything to my SD card? I dont fancy moving 26GB of data (never used supercharger or swap, and I'm worried it would ask to format/convert my card?)
Thanks for reading

17th June 2012, 10:04 AM |#32  
Flag Loughborough
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Excellent work, I would love to try this ROM.

I have a feature request (although it probably won't be popular). Would it be possible to get this rom as a zip with the boot, system, and data .img's so people with fried emmc's can extract it to sdcard and boot with 'fastboot boot boot.img'?

I have tried using bootmanager to create the .img's from cm9 / andro, but the resulting files fail to boot.

Sorry if it's a little OT, but congratulations on a very nice looking ROM, and a very professional OP, and development process.
17th June 2012, 10:09 AM |#33  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmwangja

Wow, this ROM looks promising, thanks!

Does this rom read "my phone number" out correctly from configuration (settings - about phone - status)? one of my apps requests that... and it's critical.

Yes. If it doesn't, add it yourself: Phone app>*menu button*>Options>Additional Settings>My Phone Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolek76

Finally, an ICS ROM that makes me want to flash it (even though I do prefer sense... ), thank you
May I suggest though that you'd provide MD5 check sums, just to avoid issues with bad downloads etc...
Another question is, do I have to flash gapps after install since you have provided it? or is that an option?
Also, perhaps a stupid question, but will this install do anything to my SD card? I dont fancy moving 26GB of data (never used supercharger or swap, and I'm worried it would ask to format/convert my card?)
Thanks for reading

If u want google apps (including play store), then yes u will have to flash gapps.
No, it will not do anything to your sd card or anything additional other than flashing the rom+gapps from the sd card.
The Following User Says Thank You to J-Hop2o6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J-Hop2o6 Ad-Free
17th June 2012, 11:02 AM |#34  
Retired Moderator
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolek76

Finally, an ICS ROM that makes me want to flash it (even though I do prefer sense... ), thank you ....

I made the switch from sense, the only thing i miss really is the clock widget (although Fancy Widgets will cater for that) and the friendstream widget (yet to find something like it, suggestions anyone?).

This ROM is working well so far, tons of customising options etc... good work to all.

EDIT:: One suggestion for the ROM, bearing in mind I have been out of the loop for a while with this stuff but..., On previous ROMs I used (Virtuous) using OCUV Beater 2 1.7 I had the option to UV or OV aswell as the virtuous OC option (which is in this ROM....good stuff). Is this a big issue to add??
17th June 2012, 11:36 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Whats the camera preview like on this rom ( find it incredibly blurry on all other ICS roms)

Pictures would be lovely if anyone has any.
17th June 2012, 11:46 AM |#36  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Flashed this without a full wipe over jerl92's CM9 and it works a treat, also seems to be a little smoother.

A problem I encountered is that the phone freezes almost immediately if I put the CPU clock to 1.7 or 1.8 GHz. I suppose you set lower voltages than him. It doesn't matter much, though, since I won't be running it that high, just thought you should know.

Also, the wake CRT animation doesn't always work, but I've seen it in MexDroid too, so I guess it's an Andromadus problem.

Regarding the Quick Torch, maybe you could make an option to let it run until it gets turned off manually instead of shutting it off as soon as the power button is released. I think I'd find it more useful that way.

All in all, it seems like a great ROM. Thumbs up.
17th June 2012, 12:03 PM |#37  
Flag Peterborough
Thanks Meter: 2,585

More
OMG, just another andromadus kang.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
17th June 2012, 01:43 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
PDroid
As another feature request I'd love to see PDroid patches included (or even just available).
17th June 2012, 01:52 PM |#39  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Is it just me or is the centre clock mod gone? o.o other than that, great rom, smooth and customizable. I would like the optimus 4X lockscreen mod to be added, which can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24811293
17th June 2012, 02:11 PM |#40  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 679

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetiger

Is it just me or is the centre clock mod gone? o.o other than that, great rom, smooth and customizable. I would like the optimus 4X lockscreen mod to be added, which can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24811293

Can you add customizable apps to the lockscreen with the optimus 4x lockscreen?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
17th June 2012, 02:35 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
really smooth rom, i noticed that disabling camera sound isnt working and panorama cam is lagging big, which is working on cm9 and aokp. anyways, big thx!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)