[1-10] [MOD] [CM9 - CM10 - AOKP] Performance package - Softkeys - A2SDX - SWAP

Search This thread

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
jellaxy.jpg
-Ace - Fit - Gio - Mini -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERFORMANCE PACKAGE

SOFTKEYS MOD

A2SDX
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29407740&postcount=4

SWAP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Credits : Team JELLAXY

http://www.jellaxy.com/

Last edited:

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
Softkeys

Performance package

V6 Super Charger makes your phone super snappy, fast with better multitasking management. It rearranges and fixes Out Of Memory (OOM) Groupings, Priorities and LowMemoryKiller values to make your low RAM device fast, by freeing memory when possible.

UPDATES

CM10 (Update 1/10)

CM10 Performance package V10 available for nightly 20120929

CM9 (Update 25/09)

CM9 Performance package V1 available for build 9.1.0-GT (UPDATE 16:45 R1)

AOKP (Update 1/10)

AOKP build 3 Performance package Performance package V3 available(UPDATE 16:45 R1)

What the complete package wants to achieve :

- Entering your PIN with minimal/no delay/lag
- Minimising delay with lock screen/unlock/ calls (touchscreen response lag)
- Smoother notifications on the status bar, and smoother pulldown menu response
- Minimising lag
- Better multitasking management for low RAM devices
...​

What's in the package ?

- V6 supercharger
- Framework patch for CM10 OOM grouping priorities
- Loopy smoothness (No user interaction required)​

Instructions :

1. Install flashable zip in CWM which also installs script manager to user apps. (So it will be easy removable afterwards)

2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache

3. Reboot to android, open Script Manager (In the app drawer), select run as root.

4. Browse to system/xbin, select the file named ‘’V6’’, ONLY mark the crossbones tab (SU) and run the script.

5. When you are done configuring it to your liking, run the script again to see if its 100% supercharged!​

ALWAYS BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING IN CASE THERE GOES SOMETHING WRONG

Download :

aokpjellaxy.jpg

AOKP JB :

http://d-h.st/nYJ

Credits : eoghan2t7 - zeppelinrox- ...

Original V6 supercharger script thread by zeppelinrox : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Last edited:

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
A2SDX

A2SDX - DATA TO SD-EXT

(CM9 - CM10 - AOKP)

First of all : Buy a DECENT SD card with decent write speeds. It does not cost much and you wil be happy with the result!

I highly recommend using a class 10 external SD card for this to work optimally

This works perfectly in combination with SWAP in the post below. If you are planning to use SWAP also dont forget to define SWAP space while partitioning your SD!

What the hell is A2SDX and why would i install it?

A2SDX modified for jellybean, will extend your internal storage with the SD-EXT size without lags.

Attached you can find the script, use only in combination with EXT partition on you SD card!

INSTRUCTIONS

Partition your SD via CWM recovery OR via Windows. I recommend doing it via WINDOWS for optimal results!

Do note, its not needed to do this again if you already have a EXT partition. You just can flash the attached zip then.

ClockworkMod-Recovery.jpg

- VIA CWM RECOVERY:

REMOVE ANY OTHER SCRIPT FOR APPS 2 SD

1. Backup the contents of your SD card

1. Partition EXT3 with the partition option in cwm recovery (beware, this will erase your SD card, save important stuff to your computer and copy it back afterwards).

- For EXT4 use minitool partition wizard on your computer, its free.

- I recommend at least 500mb partition. Swap size is optional, if you want to use the swap script posted below 128mb should be enough.

2. Flash attached zip

3. Boot to android.

4. Reboot twice to let the script settle

5. Return backed up data to your SD card.

categoryPage%5Csmall_business%5CWindows_8_logo.jpg

- VIA WINDOWS:

1. Back up the contents of your SD card.

2. Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition (FREE)

3. Remove external sd card from phone and connect to a pc using an adapter or sd card slot. (!DO NOT DO IT TROUGH YOUR PHONE!)

4. Right click your sd card in mini tools and delete existing partition.

6. Right click again and create a new fat32 primary partition, choose the desired size. (Dont forget you need some size left for the SWAP and/or the A2SDX partition)

7. Click apply.

8. Create a swap partition and/or A2SDX partition in your unallocated space by right clicking and choosing primary linux swap (SWAP) and/or primary EXT4 (A2SDX). A swap partition of 128mb should be enough.

9. Click apply.

10. Return backed up data to your SD card.

11. Flash attached zip

12. Boot to android.

13. Reboot twice to let the script settle

For more info check : http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=SD_card_partitioning

Yeah Yeah, I installed it already. How do i know if it works ?

Check your internal storage in android and be surprised.

525MB !!?? OMG! :eek:

attachment.php

Do note, this is NOT my work, i just packed it up as flashable zip. All credits go to AMARULLZ, Lennox and all other people that added their contributions to the script.​

Last edited:

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
SWAP

SWAP

(CM9 - CM10 - AOKP)

First of all : Buy a DECENT SD card with decent write speeds. It does not cost much and you wil be happy with the result!

What the hell is SWAP and why would i install it?

Well... swap space is a partition that will be created on your SD card on which the users inactive will be moved.This will free up physical ram for the OS and the active applications.

This works in perfect harmony with the A2SDX script.

Cool now give me the link, give me, give me!

Calm down, first you need to make sure you even have a swap partition on your SD card!

Just like the a2sd script you will need to partition your SD card, doing this in CWM recovery will give you the option to choose SWAP space size and SD-EXT apce size.

The script is attached to this post.

INSTRUCTIONS

Partition your SD via CWM recovery OR via Windows. I recommend doing it via WINDOWS for optimal results!

Do note, its not needed to do this again if you already have a SWAP partition. You just can flash the attached zip then.

- VIA CWM RECOVERY:

2. Partition EXT3 with the partition option in cwm recovery (beware, this will erase your SD card, save important stuff to your computer and copy it back afterwards).

- I recommend at least 500mb partition.

3. Choose SWAP size. A swap partition of 128mb should be enough.

4. Flash attached zip

5. Boot to android.

6. Reboot twice to let the script settle

7. Return backed up data to your SD card.​

- VIA WINDOWS:

3. Remove external sd card from phone and connect to a pc using an adapter or sd card slot. (!DO NOT DO IT TROUGH YOUR PHONE!)

6. Right click again and create a new fat32 primary partition, choose the desired size. (Dont forget you need some size left for the SWAP and/or the A2SDX partition) A swap partition of 128mb should be enough.

7. Click apply.

8. Create a swap partition and/or A2SDX partition in your unallocated space by right clicking and choosing primary linux swap (SWAP) and/or primary EXT4 (A2SDX).

9. Click apply.

11. Flash attached zip

12. Boot to android.

For more info check : http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=SD_card_partitioning

Go to terminal in android (If you dont have it, ionstall it from the market) and type : free

Check the line after SWAP, If there are values there like the picture below then SWAP is enabled and working fine.

swap-enabled.jpg

If it looks like the picture below (with zeros in the swap line), you do not have swap.

no-swap.jpg

Do note, the script is NOT my work, i just took the correct files together and packed it up as flashable zip. All credits go to all the people that contributed to the script.​

Last edited:

elixdragon

May 24, 2011
Great work, is the soft button script fixed?

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

Small_town_boy

Sep 11, 2011
Bangalore
OnePlus 6
thanks for the soft keys...but i think it would be better if they are placed on the notification bar...rather than separate...it makes our screen small...
like this is better,i think...i hope it is possible..

6a4db76e-c9b2-6a64.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5570

VR.gtmini

Oct 8, 2011
Mars
Hey, long pressing the home(middle button) OR Slide directly upwards from any soft button I got this »
uploadfromtaptalk1343422967198.png

Last edited:

A_U

Jun 6, 2012
Wichita
www.facebook.com
thanks for the soft keys...but i think it would be better if they are placed on the notification bar...rather than separate...it makes our screen small...
like this is better,i think...i hope it is possible..

6a4db76e-c9b2-6a64.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5570
ya totally agree...our screen is too small to have separate statusbar and nav.bar ! :/
if its possible to integrate softbuttons into statusbar, plz do it :)

gud luck...and thanx..

autoradio78

Jul 24, 2010
Figline Vegliaturo
I think that navigation bar at bottom as google nexus is better than softkeys in a statusbar..

Imho ..dev can think at option in a settings for enable/disable it ;)

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570 con Tapatalk 2

TheWhisp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 25, 2011
What's the point for soft keys on such a small resolution anyway? Use hardware buttons, lol.

autoradio78

Jul 24, 2010
Figline Vegliaturo
What's the point for soft keys on such a small resolution anyway? Use hardware buttons, lol.

It is my opinion sir..I prefer a little display with super fast imput (press a software button is not equal at press hardware buttons)..

If I can give you one advice..

you could implement two options:

- enable\disable nav buttons;
- settings for set dimension of buttons (as cyanmobile...the concept is different..but makes the idea);)

Sorry for my english.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jellaxy.jpg
    -Ace - Fit - Gio - Mini -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERFORMANCE PACKAGE

SOFTKEYS MOD

A2SDX
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29407740&postcount=4

SWAP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Credits : Team JELLAXY

http://www.jellaxy.com/
    A2SDX

A2SDX - DATA TO SD-EXT

(CM9 - CM10 - AOKP)

This works perfectly in combination with SWAP in the post below. If you are planning to use SWAP also dont forget to define SWAP space while partitioning your SD!

What the hell is A2SDX and why would i install it?

A2SDX modified for jellybean, will extend your internal storage with the SD-EXT size without lags.

Attached you can find the script, use only in combination with EXT partition on you SD card!

INSTRUCTIONS

Do note, its not needed to do this again if you already have a EXT partition. You just can flash the attached zip then.

- VIA CWM RECOVERY:

1. Partition EXT3 with the partition option in cwm recovery (beware, this will erase your SD card, save important stuff to your computer and copy it back afterwards).

- I recommend at least 500mb partition. Swap size is optional, if you want to use the swap script posted below 128mb should be enough.

2. Flash attached zip

3. Boot to android.

4. Reboot twice to let the script settle

5. Return backed up data to your SD card.

- VIA WINDOWS:

6. Right click again and create a new fat32 primary partition, choose the desired size. (Dont forget you need some size left for the SWAP and/or the A2SDX partition)

7. Click apply.

8. Create a swap partition and/or A2SDX partition in your unallocated space by right clicking and choosing primary linux swap (SWAP) and/or primary EXT4 (A2SDX). A swap partition of 128mb should be enough.

9. Click apply.

11. Flash attached zip

12. Boot to android.

Check your internal storage in android and be surprised.

525MB !!?? OMG! :eek:

attachment.php

Do note, this is NOT my work, i just packed it up as flashable zip. All credits go to AMARULLZ, Lennox and all other people that added their contributions to the script.​
    Softkeys

Performance package

V6 Super Charger makes your phone super snappy, fast with better multitasking management. It rearranges and fixes Out Of Memory (OOM) Groupings, Priorities and LowMemoryKiller values to make your low RAM device fast, by freeing memory when possible.

UPDATES

CM10 (Update 1/10)

CM10 Performance package V10 available for nightly 20120929

CM9 (Update 25/09)

CM9 Performance package V1 available for build 9.1.0-GT (UPDATE 16:45 R1)

AOKP (Update 1/10)

AOKP build 3 Performance package Performance package V3 available(UPDATE 16:45 R1)

What the complete package wants to achieve :

- Entering your PIN with minimal/no delay/lag
    - Minimising delay with lock screen/unlock/ calls (touchscreen response lag)
    - Smoother notifications on the status bar, and smoother pulldown menu response
    - Minimising lag
    - Better multitasking management for low RAM devices
    ...​

What's in the package ?

- V6 supercharger
    - Framework patch for CM10 OOM grouping priorities
    - Loopy smoothness (No user interaction required)​

Instructions :

1. Install flashable zip in CWM which also installs script manager to user apps. (So it will be easy removable afterwards)

2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache

3. Reboot to android, open Script Manager (In the app drawer), select run as root.

4. Browse to system/xbin, select the file named ‘’V6’’, ONLY mark the crossbones tab (SU) and run the script.

5. When you are done configuring it to your liking, run the script again to see if its 100% supercharged!​

Download :

aokpjellaxy.jpg

AOKP JB :

http://d-h.st/nYJ

Credits : eoghan2t7 - zeppelinrox- ...

Original V6 supercharger script thread by zeppelinrox : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
    Softkeys

Softkeys

Universal patch for softkeys, will work on any device, version.

Great, how does it look like ?

Nice huh!

attachment.php
    SWAP

SWAP

(CM9 - CM10 - AOKP)

What the hell is SWAP and why would i install it?

Well... swap space is a partition that will be created on your SD card on which the users inactive will be moved.This will free up physical ram for the OS and the active applications.

This works in perfect harmony with the A2SDX script.

Cool now give me the link, give me, give me!

Calm down, first you need to make sure you even have a swap partition on your SD card!

Just like the a2sd script you will need to partition your SD card, doing this in CWM recovery will give you the option to choose SWAP space size and SD-EXT apce size.

The script is attached to this post.

INSTRUCTIONS

Do note, its not needed to do this again if you already have a SWAP partition. You just can flash the attached zip then.

- VIA CWM RECOVERY:

2. Partition EXT3 with the partition option in cwm recovery (beware, this will erase your SD card, save important stuff to your computer and copy it back afterwards).

- I recommend at least 500mb partition.

3. Choose SWAP size. A swap partition of 128mb should be enough.

4. Flash attached zip

5. Boot to android.

6. Reboot twice to let the script settle

7. Return backed up data to your SD card.​

- VIA WINDOWS:

6. Right click again and create a new fat32 primary partition, choose the desired size. (Dont forget you need some size left for the SWAP and/or the A2SDX partition) A swap partition of 128mb should be enough.

7. Click apply.

8. Create a swap partition and/or A2SDX partition in your unallocated space by right clicking and choosing primary linux swap (SWAP) and/or primary EXT4 (A2SDX).

9. Click apply.

11. Flash attached zip

12. Boot to android.

Go to terminal in android (If you dont have it, ionstall it from the market) and type : free

Check the line after SWAP, If there are values there like the picture below then SWAP is enabled and working fine.

swap-enabled.jpg

If it looks like the picture below (with zeros in the swap line), you do not have swap.

no-swap.jpg

Do note, the script is NOT my work, i just took the correct files together and packed it up as flashable zip. All credits go to all the people that contributed to the script.​