(4.4.2 ONLY) Dark phone, contacts, mms

Search This thread

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
In the op is another flash able mod that fixes call recording.
I did not make it.... @rel500 found it and posted it in the Insane KitKat rom thread and so I'm also making sure others see it from here aswell.
I don't know who made it but to whoever it is....Thank you!

Last edited:

dtndvm

Oct 2, 2007
Hey Shortbus

Love the darkness. Working great on my Sprint S4 stock, rooted, NAE, MF9 Bootloader. One issue though. On the stock dialer, the number you are dialing shows up as black on the stock white background above the contact suggestions. The black dialer needs white digits in this area. You can't see the number you're dialing until you hit the dial button.

Attachments

• Light.png
    Light.png
    193.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Dark.jpg
    Dark.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 120

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
Could it be caused by another mod? perhaps wanam or another module in exposed?
I've only come across this problem once so far and it turned out to be a mod that person had added

Last edited:

SaintCity86

Oct 23, 2013
Can someone tell me what the difference is between odex and deodex? I'm on the sickness' 4.4 rom. Is that deodexed?

Contemplating getting the S5....

dtndvm

Oct 2, 2007
Could it be caused by another mod? perhaps wanam or another module in exposed?
I've only come across this problem once so far and it turned out to be a mod that person had added

It doesn't seem to be an exposed module issue. I disabled all of the modules and still the get same appearance. I also tried clearing the cache and data for the app with no luck. I do have a Nandroid I made after upgrading to NAE but before installing any mods. I can load that and just try the dark dialer to see if I get the same issue. Do you know what mod caused the issue for the other person?

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
Wait a second....what type of ROM are you running???
Judging by your notification bar...it doesn't appear to be touchwiz....if it is is it deodex or odex and did you DL the matching file?

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
Ahh but still I need to know whether odex or deodex...
Needs to make sure he\she uses the proper file.

I was thinking it looked more like cyanogen.

Last edited:

dtndvm

Oct 2, 2007
Looks like tw with wanam theme options.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Correct: It's stock odex tw with wanam mods in the notification bar. The stock dialer works as expected with or without xposed modules active. The dark dialer/contacts works perfectly except for the dialed numbers not showing, also with or without the xposed modules active. I redownloaded the Odex files, pushed them to the priv-app folder, set permissions, and still got the same results.

Correct: It's stock odex tw with wanam mods in the notification bar. The stock dialer works as expected with or without xposed modules active. The dark dialer/contacts works perfectly except for the dialed numbers not showing, also with or without the xposed modules active. I redownloaded the Odex files, pushed them to the priv-app folder, set permissions, and still got the same results.

Did you clear data and cache in applications under settings?

dtndvm

Oct 2, 2007
If you go into the system/priv-app folder, how many instances of SecPhone.odex do you have?

Only one. I did try using the SecPhone.odex from the stock dialer with the dark dialer SecPhone.apk and it loaded fine but still gave the same results. I'm not sure where the font info is in the SecPhone.apk but it would seem that had to be changed to go from the light to the dark dialer. One interesting note. I did find that if I start typing in a number with an area code, the state shows up in barely visible gray text in the area where the number should go:

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
Lol that is strange.....I honestly don't know what's going on...I'm not a dev and have along ways to go.....I just am an average Joe that wanted the darkness so I went searching around and found what I was looking for and pulled the apk's out and tried em out for myself until I got something working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everybody!
    We now have the dark dialer, contacts,& mms that the International S4 gets :)

I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your device...you took that into your own hands from the second you rooted your phone.
    Now that that's out of the way, we can get to it.
    (4.4.2 ONLY)
    I have taken the Secphone.apk, SecContacts_OSup.apk, and SecMms.apk out of an international rom and placed them into a flashable zip for your ease
    I have been running them for 2 days, so yes they do work :D
    Once flashed you can theme over them....
    If you have a themed dialer currently....well you will have to re flash your theme over it, and the best part....it'll be a dark themed dialer :)

For the best experience flash it before you flash Sir M's aka Thermax04, aka the Great Pharaoh's theme located here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51209039

Ok ok here's what you all are waiting for .....I present to you ....Dark KK dialer, contacts, and messenger,
    ~~~~ Deodex. Dark KK vrs2~~~~
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/96zzxk3xc5pxto7/Dark KK vrs2.zip

~~~~Odexed~~~~
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx6oo1t6l3w2ex2/Odex Dark KK.zip

Here is a flash that fixes call recording....I did not create this and don't know who did, it was discovered by someone else in the forum.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9eevt560qtvdl7/FIX_Call_REC.zip

Mirrored links provided by @GFX.myst.

Deodexed - http://d-h.st/Qlt

Odexed - http://d-h.st/wRd

Call Record Fix - http://d-h.st/962

Known issues: cant send pictures over wifi.
    Credits go to:
    ☆ Thermax04 for his Beautiful theme and support.
    ☆ Fenny for his awesome rom and support.
    ☆ TheRoot for his contribution in fixing some lines and adding some nice enhancements in deodexed vrs.

Please thank them where and whenever you can!
    Your welcome I'm glad you like it.

Finally after yrs of mooching...I am finally able to give back to the community. .. something that I knew everyone would like :)
    I tried to send you a PM twice but I don't see the messages in my sent box.
    Did you get the message?
    I would hit send again but don't want to spam your inbox.

Thanks.

I replied....
    I follow xda and my thread very closely. ..if I dont respond right away im working, sleeping, or with my family
    Smh the bandaid. LOL!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Oh lol. In the edit settings in the stock S4 gallery.