616 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By haykuro, Senior Member on 1st June 2009, 03:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2009, 03:59 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how fast is it

and how do i go from ext 3 to ex2 on sd card?????

how do i put that file on my partion

1st June 2009, 04:00 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisefire

What all did you go through? Any loops?

What Radio and SPL are you using?

Haykuro's SPL and radio 2.22.19.26I

I am in Ubuntu, copied the app_s to my ext2 partition, placed hero_signed.zip in my fat32 partition, renamed to update.zip (of course). Wiped, applied update, let it load (took about 1-2 minutes) then went through the setup.

I never had app2sd working since Hero beta 1 was out
1st June 2009, 04:00 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
H, you've topped yourself so many times and wowed everyone with what you can accomplish, take a well deserved summer vacation. The rest of the community can work on getting this rom in 100% working order.

Can't wait to dive into this!
1st June 2009, 04:02 AM |#54  
Flag Lancaster, SC
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick8197

How to partition an sd card

Google: downoad Ubuntu

Download the iso file. Doubleclick on it, it will write to CD (I think. I put it o the CD without thinking, so I know it was that easy, but use your good judgement and curiosity if you need to here)

Once the CD is created, power down your PC, leave the CD in the drive and let your PC boot from the CD drive. (if it doesn't, google: how to boot from CD)

In the System menu, run Partition Manager (the app is called GParted, but it's not listed as that in this particular menu)

Put your sd card in an adapter and plug it into your machine. Find your sd card by size. Be careful not to partition your hard drive. Nothing will blow up, unless your HD is really full - the process doesn't overwrite anything if used properly. Just make sure it's your SD card. Take all your other cards out of your PC (almost partitioned my Sony Mem stick....)

Create two partitions. There are buttons and menus that say "create partition, so click away and find them, and you're good to go. Not hard. "The first needs to be the Fat32 and about a gig less than the size of your card. The second needs to be about a gig (less than 1.5, I hear). My card is 16 gb, so I did a 14g FAT32, and a 1.5g ext2, the rest was math crap that doesn't add up (don't ask, you don't want to know.) So For an 8 gig card, make a 6.5g partition and a 1.1g, or whatever the remainder is, ext2. Then format the first/big partition to FAT32, the second to EXT2

Click the green check to complete the tasks you've set out for your machine to do.

If I'm not mistaken, this should also work on a Mac.

Granted, you might need to poke around a bit if I missed something, but that's the bones of it, and it really is that easy.

Thanks.
I'll be trying that tomorrow.
I'm collating all the information and guide links I can and placing them with the Android ROM Build Database at Just Android Builds.
I thought it might be nice to get everything in one location instead of having to hunt through a thread thats gonna breakk the servers by morning.....LOL.

Thanks again H
1st June 2009, 04:02 AM |#55  
Flag Glen Burnie
Thanks Meter: 11

More
i had purchased paragon and had never gotten my sd card partitioned, since then ive switched computers, it seems like its taking forever for paragon to download, yet i only just started the download... this is killing me
1st June 2009, 04:03 AM |#56  

More
dont have apps to sd so downloaded second file and keeps looping at the htc screen......seems like the same for all others.
1st June 2009, 04:03 AM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
can someone tell me how to push the file through terminal?
i dont have adb...
1st June 2009, 04:04 AM |#58  
Miami, FL

More
I'm Cyanogen's build which converted my ext2 to ext3, how can I convert to ext2 without having to reformat?
1st June 2009, 04:04 AM |#59  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 327

Donate to Me
More
Okay I decided to read the log and found out what is the problem with my recovery looping.

"E: Can't chown/mod /system/xbin (not such file or dir)
E: Failure at line 12: set_perm_recursive 0 2000 0755 06755 SYSTEM:xbin
installation aborted."
1st June 2009, 04:04 AM |#60  
Flag Trenton
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Haykuro, thank you so much for looking out for the people who really admire the amount of work you put out each day, and for those back stabbers and idiots that just nagged and bitched fu*k off posers....Haykuro you are amazing!
1st June 2009, 04:04 AM |#61  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Holy crap. I just started using ext3 too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)