647 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2010, 09:41 PM |#401  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacdoliljo

Unrevoked gives you that S-OFF and clockwork. That's it. You can't flash other recoveries or use adb. I guess it's fine if you're ok with only using clockwork.

Is there another method that works for 2.2 that gives ADB? I'm going to try to swap my phone tonight. I have seen unrevoked on a friends evo and I did simpleroot on mine when it was on 2.1. I would like to keep adb if possible.

1st December 2010, 09:48 PM |#402  
Flag Houston,Tx
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I used unrevoked to root my phone and it has seemed to work just fine. I was able to flash Amon-Ra thru ROM manager and adb works as well. I had to use it to figure out what was wrong with my wifi tether... Im no expert on al this stuff yet, but I havent had any problems with it...
1st December 2010, 10:01 PM |#403  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave1022

Is there another method that works for 2.2 that gives ADB? I'm going to try to swap my phone tonight. I have seen unrevoked on a friends evo and I did simpleroot on mine when it was on 2.1. I would like to keep adb if possible.

Look a few posts down at my other post which details the method I used to root my phone.
1st December 2010, 11:12 PM |#404  

More
Quote:

Look a few posts down at my other post which details the method I used to root my phone.

Thanks. So just to confirm, SimpleRoot that I am downloading is the same version of the app used to root 2.1 right? I still have that version from when I used simpleroot on my current phone (Hopefully a new one monday)
2nd December 2010, 12:10 AM |#405  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave1022

Thanks. So just to confirm, SimpleRoot that I am downloading is the same version of the app used to root 2.1 right? I still have that version from when I used simpleroot on my current phone (Hopefully a new one monday)

Yea. Just use the pc36img from there
2nd December 2010, 12:11 AM |#406  

More
new evos
hi.. I got a replacement 2 days ago.. do you mean this method wont work .. it has the ota 3.30xx

thanks
2nd December 2010, 12:19 AM |#407  

More
Quote:

Yea. Just use the pc36img from there

Okay. Only question. Why for 2.1, we needed to use a flash website to get root and for 2.2, we can just flash the img?
2nd December 2010, 12:35 AM |#408  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So I have had a replacement evo for a few days because my first one had the random reboot problem. Just curious if I still need to install the hboot drivers and all? or am I good to go ahead with using unrevoked? fyi my replacement is a refurb running hardware version 0003 and 3.29
2nd December 2010, 12:45 AM |#409  

More
I didnt work for me.. its says that it main is an old version.. can anyone help?

thanks
2nd December 2010, 03:14 AM |#410  
Flag Johnson City
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I rooted my last Evo w/ this, no problems. Sprint gave me a new one 2 days ago - 3.29 otb and hboot 0.97 - and I can't install HBOOT drivers. Install begins, then I get "The file 'WinUSBCoInstaller.dll' on Android WinUSB installation disk is needed". Please help.

edit: found file in i386 folder and loaded, worked. didn't have to do that last time, wtf? also, didn't install ROM Mngr, did last time. Wouldn't let me flash Amon RA 1.8.0. Installed ROM Mngr, said I had Amon RA even though I had Clockwork, selected Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery, screen blinked, said I had Clockwork and let me flash Amon RA.
2nd December 2010, 05:16 AM |#411  
Flag Camas, WA
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Just used this method. I successfully got root and clockwork. It did not do the s off process.
Do I need to rerun unrevoked?

Ended up flashing the s off tool. Good to go now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)