647 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2010, 07:40 PM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERHSAII

I just used unrevoked to root my EVO. Everything seems to be okay except on final boot into recovery, I get the normal installing info and then this:
unrevoked forever S-Off patch v1.1
verifying system type
E: unsupported radio version
E: update failed. Check /sdcard/soff.log.
E: error in /data/local/unrevoked-forever.zip
(status 42)
Installation aborted.
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. please open ROM manager to report the issue.

Help, what should I do?

Edit: I am rooted. I have superuser app, but in Hboot it still shows S-On. I also checked and I have the most current radio version.

I had the same Error messages and apparent failure of unrevoked3. Im still S-on, although I have the superuser icon installed. Having tried to find out if I have super-user rights in a different way other than going of S-on vs S-off I tried the free wireless tethering app, which requires superuser rights, and having installed it and used it I guess I can say I'm rooted, at least partially.....

I didn't really want to do anything more that tethering so I'm happy, but without trying to backup / install new ROMS I doubt I will ever know just how rooted my device really is.......

22nd December 2010, 06:39 AM |#482  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quick question guys. Just got a phone replacement (htc evo) just root it with unrevoked. There is a htc software update, if I get it will I lose root access?
23rd December 2010, 02:05 AM |#483  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agustin_rocha

Quick question guys. Just got a phone replacement (htc evo) just root it with unrevoked. There is a htc software update, if I get it will I lose root access?

Yes, you will loose ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd December 2010, 02:09 AM |#484  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agustin_rocha

You should wait for the guys @ UNREVOKED to come out with a new update thru them; otherwise you will loose your root privileges!!!!!

TO ALL OF YOU READING THIS....... DO NOT INSTALL NEW OTA SOFTWARE UPDATE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Your welcome and advance!! =) =) =)
23rd December 2010, 03:01 AM |#485  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstone

Hey guys,

I tried many many ways in PPCGEEKS and couldn't work out. Finally, I found unrevoked forever....but I tried in windows 7 and mac 10.5, and do whatever they said on the website. But it sitll didn't work.

Device: HTC EVO 4G
Download from unrevoked.com official website: v3.22
Radio baseband versions:2.15.00.09.01
Software: 3.30.651.3

I didn't see the black screen with words on it - ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.1. And the information page in mac os said,

"Internal error: misc"

Can anyone help me?

MANY MANY THANKS!!!

You should read previous pages!!!! but here it goes..... your phone can not be rooted with UNREVOKED cuz it has software 3.30....

Sorry but you gonna have to wait for the guys @ UNREVOKED to come out with something for ur phone.

And again..... PLEASE PEOPLE R E A D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd December 2010, 05:15 PM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
I just ran this and have root, but still see S-ON and can't flash a new recovery image. What went wrong and how do I fix it?
23rd December 2010, 05:39 PM |#487  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacienleongto

You should wait for the guys @ UNREVOKED to come out with a new update thru them; otherwise you will loose your root privileges!!!!!

TO ALL OF YOU READING THIS....... DO NOT INSTALL NEW OTA SOFTWARE UPDATE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Your welcome and advance!! =) =) =)

According to the unrevoked twitter status, the guys are currently working on Unrevoked that will support the new OTA 3.7
23rd December 2010, 06:01 PM |#488  
Flag New York

More
I just received my White HTC Evo 4G, will this root method be applicable to my phone? It came with 2.2 loaded already on it and it is hardware version 0003.

I would like to try and do this now if possible, a quick response is greatly appreciated!
23rd December 2010, 06:05 PM |#489  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Since you just received your EVO, I would say no you cannot use this method because you would have the newer HBOOT version. HBOOT version 2.02 or 2.10 are currently no supported by unrevoked, the dev team is working on it. To check your HBOOT version, power off your phone and restart by holding VOL DOWN and POWER. When you are at the white screen with the skating Androids at the bottom, near the top you should see your HBOOT version.
23rd December 2010, 06:06 PM |#490  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by le nitro

I just received my White HTC Evo 4G, will this root method be applicable to my phone? It came with 2.2 loaded already on it and it is hardware version 0003.

I would like to try and do this now if possible, a quick response is greatly appreciated!

The answer is probably no, but you need to check your Hboot to be sure. Power off the phone, then when it's off, hold the down volume button and turn it back on while holding the down volume. This will kick you to the white bootloader screen. If it says HBoot 2.02 or 2.10 near the top, then it won't work for you.
23rd December 2010, 06:38 PM |#491  
Flag New York

More
It is H_boot 2.02

Oh man...can anyone direct me to the simplest way to root my evo. Ty, unless you think the unrevoked team is coming out with my version soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)