Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2012, 01:54 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xopher.hunter

Odin cwm5 and flash su.zip

Sent from my Nexus Slide 4G

Or flash a zip of a real rom like CM or MIUI and never have to see touchwiz, lol. i'll use this to get the fc09 modem, the el30-fc09 zip didn't work.
11th April 2012, 02:01 AM |#22  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 5,404

Donate to Me
More
Might want to update your instructions with info on checking repartition...

But thanks for the file.. will be getting an updated how to unroot video very soon. Might as well do an updated how to root video as well
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qbking77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qbking77 Ad-Free
11th April 2012, 02:05 AM |#23  
Account currently disabled
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbking77

But thanks for the file.. will be getting an updated how to unroot video very soon. Might as well do an updated how to root video as well

I just got my Epic 4G back to play with again, after 11 months! is this the most current stock ROM for the device? would love to know how to root it!
11th April 2012, 02:07 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 2,245

More
About the OP instructions, was the victory PIT omission intentional or not needed for this?
11th April 2012, 02:12 AM |#25  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Gainesville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,422

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Why is it necessary? Stock ROM repartition by default. Adding a PIT just is an extra command if you needed to do a different structure. Even if you have changed your partitions, this is revert it anyways.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is the inclusion of the victory pit necessary to prevent soft-bricking?
11th April 2012, 02:16 AM |#26  
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman

Why is it necessary? Stock ROM repartition by default. Adding a PIT just is an extra command if you needed to do a different structure. Even if you have changed your partitions, this is revert it anyways.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is the inclusion of the victory pit necessary to prevent soft-bricking?

Noobnl recommends that the PIT is used.

You need to check re partition if you are on MTD. If on BML you don't need to check re partition.
11th April 2012, 02:22 AM |#27  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Noobnl recommends that the PIT is used.

You need to check re partition if you are on MTD. If on BML you don't need to check re partition.

Interesting, maybe I need to hit up my old friend. Meanwhile, checking repartition without selecting a PIT doesn't do anything different I don't think. If you run the .md5 through ODIN on your Epic one of the first things it does is pull the PIT and repartitions the device at the very beginning. Isn't that all that needed? I'm not argueing, I'm just trying to learn and verify what I know
11th April 2012, 02:26 AM |#28  
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman

Interesting, maybe I need to hit up my old friend. Meanwhile, checking repartition without selecting a PIT doesn't do anything different I don't think. If you run the .md5 through ODIN on your Epic one of the first things it does is pull the PIT and repartitions the device at the very beginning. Isn't that all that needed? I'm not argueing, I'm just trying to learn and verify what I know

From what I've been told you need the PIT file when checking re partition. I dont think its necessary if you dont check it
11th April 2012, 02:27 AM |#29  
Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 53,379

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasEpic4G

Hmmm ... so is there a way to just get the modem outta this package , instead of having to do the extra steps ?

Absolutely.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennyG123 Ad-Free
11th April 2012, 02:28 AM |#30  
Flag Stockton, CA
Thanks Meter: 121

More
I can confirm that following all the steps that we have done before to go back to stock and then rooting all just worked for me. Like Qbking said if you are on MTD you have to make sure that repartition is checked. I just flashed SU and I am good to go. I like flashing new stuff and playing around with my phone so I thought I would give it a go. Thanks for this Whosdaman!!!
11th April 2012, 02:30 AM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

From what I've been told you need the PIT file when checking re partition. I dont think its necessary if you dont check it

Okay, I will add in the extra step

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc78

I can confirm that following all the steps that we have done before to go back to stock and then rooting all just worked for me. Like Qbking said if you are on MTD you have to make sure that repartition is checked. I just flashed SU and I am good to go. I like flashing new stuff and playing around with my phone so I thought I would give it a go. Thanks for this Whosdaman!!!

You're welcome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
epic 4g, fc09, samsung, sprint, whosdaman

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)