Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

SurgeRush

Dec 30, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Is it the playstore or the marketplace?

Currently it's still the market. I'm assuming it's not updating to the Play store because of whatever problem I'm having with installing stuff.

Edit: Wiped everything and trying to flash it again.

Edit: Awesome, worked... Don't understand why, but it's working, so who cares.

Last edited:

ikaritensi

Mar 12, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Flashed the ROM, all went smooth, but I can't install anything from the Market. Every time I try I get "ERROR "Blah" Could not be downloaded due to an error." Any ideas? Did a full romwipe and dalvik before flashing. The markets not even updating to Play store either.

I had this happen at one point. If you keep messing with it it will eventually let you thru. From what I've gathered, it has to do with the way Google Registers your device and where google thinks its located. Since Google is trying to verify you are in a certain region (EX: America or Ireland) its best to try and ping a cell phone tower and access the Market/PlayStore that way (AKA: Don't use WiFi). Thats what I did and it worked like a charm after a reboot. Downloaded the PlayStore update and got on with life.

kevintran.98

Feb 27, 2012
so , im running Rebel rom right now and want to update the phone
hear my plan
- nandroid backup
-flash back to stock
-update
-flash the rooted Rom
-if something went wrong =) restore
does it sound good ?

ja5219

Oct 5, 2011
Western NC
Quick question to anyone who did the update and was on stock.

I am now at the point where my phone says "Odin Mode"
Product Name: SGH-T679
Custom Binary Download : NO
Current Kernel: Unknown

then below it says "Downloading..." Do not turn off target!!

Now the Kies software still has a FirmwareUpgrade process going but its greyed out.. and its telling me not to disconnect.

Its been like this for about 8 mins now but what concerns me is as soon as it downloaded the update and was applying it to the phone my phone went into this mode and my PC quit detecting the phone. Initially it said downloading drivers again (Which are already installed) but now that dissapeared.. and KIES software says to connect a device.

What's going on?

Edit: I pulled the battery restarted.. everything loaded like it was before I ever tried to update.. so phew..
I'll have to call it a night and try it again some other time.

Last edited:

cars1189

Jun 6, 2009
Atlanta
the nexus one is missing from the live wallpapers, you can though get similar ones from the market just search nexus, i think that should bring some up.it might be possible to get it from the old stock rom for the real original but im unsure of how to go about that.

TheGeekRedneck

Jun 12, 2011
Anyone else no longer have the scrolling wallpaper in this update :confused:.

Yup, it's pretty well known with the UVLE1 update.

Wallpaper no longer scrolls in the TouchWiz launcher... and worse is they broke the touchwiz wallpaper chooser so it only let's you select a 9:16 shaped area of an image as wallpaper. This means that even if you use a third party launcher like GoLauncher or ADW, scrolling wallpaper still doesn't work as it should.

I honestly would like to know what Samsung was thinking when they made this change.

csrow

Nov 19, 2007
New kernel working fine with Peach Sunrise 1.2a

After I had a problem with SWAPSD after installing the new ROM, I did a ROM erase and restored the Peach Sunrise 1.2a version that I was running before.

After the restore, I ended up with the new kernel still intact (with the new CWM) on top of Peach Sunrise 1.2a.

Wifi works fine and as far as I can tell, all is functional. I just have android 2.3.5 with T679UVLE1 baseband and 2.6.35.7 kernel.

The only thing strange is in the phone info screen, the phone number show up as 'unknown' even though calls and messaging works fine.

Last edited:

airwickkk

Dec 18, 2011

Wallpaper no longer scrolls in the TouchWiz launcher... and worse is they broke the touchwiz wallpaper chooser so it only let's you select a 9:16 shaped area of an image as wallpaper. This means that even if you use a third party launcher like GoLauncher or ADW, scrolling wallpaper still doesn't work as it should.

I honestly would like to know what Samsung was thinking when they made this change.

I pretty much searched everywhere for a fix/work around, there seems to be a fix to the note on 2.3.6.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Intercepter

Oct 7, 2010
Seattle

wallpaper scrolling works just fine in third party launchers. adw, go launcher

Last edited:

camcory

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
Spring Hill, Fl
Let the Theme's begin

Here is a start.

Attachments

• SC20120602-111751.jpg
    SC20120602-111751.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 490
Reactions: Intercepter

afwolfpacked

Mar 6, 2012
Delran, NJ
Just installed the 2.3.6, had no problems with root and su but wonder which version of V6 works best on this one. Everything updated fine after about 10 minutes wait for playstore to do its update. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
so , im running Rebel rom right now and want to update the phone
hear my plan
- nandroid backup
-flash back to stock
-update
-flash the rooted Rom
-if something went wrong =) restore
does it sound good ?

As you list it, the flash back to stock and update is unneeded. The new rooted rom has the updates baked in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile/Samsung have rebranded the Exhibit II 4G, giving us a new kernel, a bump to Android v2.3.6 and performance improvements (they claim) in the process. The phone we all love is now the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G.

This stock ROM (UVLG3) is NOT vulnerable to USSD Dialer Attacks!

Rooting
    Currently, zergrush will not root this phone's Android 2.3.6. Three known methods:

Root Stock 2.3.6 w/o a new kernel or ROM
    root-stock.zip
    Mirror

This zip will install Superuser, su and busybox, leaving you rooted, but otherwise no changes to your phone. ClockworkMod must be installed to flash this. So:

1. Flash ClockworkMod
    2. Boot into ClockworkMod and flash root-stock.zip.

Rooted Community ROM (forkable)
    t679.uvlg3.odex.01.zip
    Mirror

(also see custom ROMs)

Linked above is Samsung's newest release for the Galaxy Exhibit, a stock rooted UVLG3 Gingerbread ROM. Busybox is also included. You must flash it via clockworkmod. Clockworkmod can be flashed with Samsung's stock recovery.

Custom rooted kernel
    t679-root-v1.8.zip
    Mirror

Kernel sources

The kernel is based on Samsung's kernel source. This kernel is rooted; if you flash it via stock recovery or cwm your ROM will be rooted with Superuser.apk, Busybox and the Galaxy Exhibit cwm-recovery installed. This kernel works with all Samsung Gingerbread releases.

Rooted ROM Installation

CWM Keys:
    Home key = enter
    Back key = back
    VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. The installation will format your data partition. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download & copy the current t679.uv???.deodex.0x.zip to your internal sd card (if you already have a cwm installed you may use your removable card).

3. Install Galaxy Exhibit Custom Recovery . If you're already rooted, you may install from the command line, otherwise you may install from Samsung's Recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal SD, so copy the cwm zip there if you just have stock recovery. Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

Easy way to start recovery
    * Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    * Pull the battery from your phone.
    * Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    * Press & hold Volume-up
    * Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the Galaxy Exhibit logo.

5. Select ROMwipe. This step is required!

6. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

7. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

8. Highlight the rooted rom zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than three minutes.

Anything you download and install is at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. Your first post-installation boot may be several minutes long.

Rooted Kernel Installation

CWM Keys:
    Home key = enter
    Back key = back
    VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download & copy t679-root-v1.8.zip to your internal sd card (if you already have a cwm installed you may use your removable card).

It's recommended to install Clockwork Mod, but you can also flash the kernel from Samsung's stock recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal sd, so copy files there if you don't have cwm.

Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

Easy way to start recovery
    * Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    * Press & hold volume-up
    * Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the Galaxy Exhibit logo.

5. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

6. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

7. Highlight the kernel zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than a minute.

Anything you download and install is at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are given or implied.

Please DO NOT PM me with support questions! They will be ignored! Post them in this thread!
    Links and useful info

Galaxy Exhibit XDA Wiki
    Galaxy Exhibit IRC channel
    Galaxy Exhibit Themes

Custom ROMs
    All ROMs listed require cwm for installation.
    Peach Sunrise
    RebelROM
    XquiziT
    CyanogenMod 9 Beta
    Galaxy ExHibition
    CM10 Port
    AOKP (WIP)
    CM7 (WIP)
    CM9 Pure Nexus

Stalled, partially working
    AOKP
    KEMIUI

Help! I keep getting FCs!

Custom kernel for Rebel Rom
    This is custom kernel 1.8 packaged specifically for RebelRom, tested on
    version 3.0.8. This package includes kernel & modules only.
    rrkernel.zip
    Mirror 2

Stock 2.3.6 via Odin
    uvlg3.odin.zip
    Mirror

Adb for Windows
    winadb.zip unzip and copy to your c:\Windows directory
    Mirror

Flash2Stock
    Flash2Stock (flash via cwm) will install stock UVLG3 and Samsung's stock recovery, un-rooting
    your phone, removing ClockworkMod and returning your phone to factory condition.
    uvlg3.flash2stock.zip
    Mirror

SwapSD
    SwapSD This simple app allows you to swap internal "usb storage" (aka /sdcard) and your removable sdcard (aka external_sd) so your larger "external sd" is mounted as "/mnt/sdcard/" and the smaller sd internal memory is mounted as "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd". This is done by changing a file called vold.fstab in your phone's /etc folder. The original device vold.fstab file is backed up to /etc/vold.fstab.backup when this app first runs. Your data on /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard/external_sd is not touched in any way whatsoever.

Dropbear (flash via cwm)
    is a software package that provides a Secure Shell-compatible (ssh) server and client. It is designed as a replacement for standard OpenSSH for environments with low memory and processor resources, such as embedded systems. This archive also includes the scp and rsync utilities.
    dropbear.zip
    Mirror

Bloatware
    These apps are safe to delete. You may also freeze them using Titanium backup.

AnalogClock.apk
    Browser.apk (Only if you use an alternative browser)
    Dlna.apk
    DownloadProviderUI.apk
    DualClock.apk
    DualClock.apk
    IQ-tmobile-release-signed-zipaligned-v1.1....
    JobManager.apk
    KiesAir.apk
    MobileBackup-unsigned_v3.3.02.apk
    MyFiles.apk(Only if you have an alternative File Browser i.e. Astro File Manager)
    SamsungWidget_Program...
    Swype.apk
    TetheringManager2.apk(Only if you don't use T-Mo's tethering service)
    TouchWizCalendar.apk
    TouchWizCalculator.apk
    TwCalendarAppWidget.apk
    VideoPlayer.apk(Only if you have an alternative video player)
    VoiceRecorder.apk
    WiFi-Calling.apk(If you don't use it)
    ZinioSettingsProvider.v2.03.3331.TMobile....
    sihome-signed-tmo-android-8.apk
    talkback.apk
    tmobile_m4m_3_0_15.signed...
    vvm-signed.apk

Partition Table
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 secboot2 partition map
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 dbl.mbn (boot loader)
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 osbl.mbn (boot loader)
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 MBR extended partition table
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 EMMCBOOT.MBN (boot loader, has odin download mode)
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 amss.mbn
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 emmcparam.bin
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 boot.img (linux kernel)
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 adsp.mbn (baseband)
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 rmt
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 rmt
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 persist.ext4
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 recovery.img (linux kernel+initrd for recovery mode)
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 param
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p15 system.ext4
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p16 cache.ext4
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p17 data.ext4
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p18 preload.ext4
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p19
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p20 all 0's
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 all 0's
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 all 0's
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p23 all 0's
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 all 0's
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 all 0's
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 all 0's
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 efs (encrypted fs)
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /mnt/sdcard

Credits:VanillaTbone,s0unds,KemikalElite, jocala, Wildchild, bpear96, camcory, Intercepter and others. If your name belongs here or you have info that needs to be added please speak up!
    ClockworkMod

Galaxy Exhibit cwm-based recovery v6.0.1.2

6.0.1.2 has new features, including better support for both external and internal SD cards, faster backups and restores with a new backup format that de-duplicates data in between backups. Exclusive features for Galaxy Exhibit include:

wipe menu with rom wipe
    All system wipes under one menu: rom (system/cache/data),cache,dalvik,cache/dalvik,data.

Stack zip files for installation:
    Flash cm9 & gapps, etc. Select as many zip files for installation as you choose. Flash them all with one command.

Install system images:
    Drop any recognized system image into a folder on your phone and recovery can flash it. You can even drop the entire contents of an odin tar/md5 file in a folder and cwm recovery will flash it all automatically.

All images must conform to Odin naming standards:
    adsp.mbn
    amss.mbn
    boot.img
    cache.img.ext4
    preload.img.ext4
    recovery.img
    system.img.ext4
    This is regular interface, not touch.

cwm.6012.t679.zip

Mirror

To initially install Galaxy Exhibit Custom Recovery you need to:

1. Copy cwm.galaxy.exhibit.zip to your internal SD storage.

2. Boot into stock recovery:

Starting recovery: Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons.

Or a different method some find easier:

* Press & hold Volume-up
    * Insert battery

Recovery should start after the Galaxy Exhibit/T-Mobile logo.

3. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm.galaxy.exhibit.zip file.

If you already have cwm installed, to update follow the steps above, booting into your current cwm instead of stock recovery.

Should you need to install ClockworkMod via Odin:
    cwm.6012.tar
    Mirror
    We have needed a new thread for our phone, thanks for making this!

You're welcome. Just fyi, I'm no longer going to post in the old dev thread or discussion thread. I also plan to make good use of the <reserved> posts above for Galaxy Exhibit links and information.

I'm committed to this phone for the long haul, so thanks for joining me here. I hope this thread will be used for any general discussion of our Galaxy Exhibits (concerning development as well). I also hope folks will evangelize and point people here rather than carry on in the older abandoned OP threads.
    CM 10

Here is a quick port of CM 10 from galaxy w thread all thanks go to them for this start. It appears all the working and not working are the same. Please test it out and let me know of issues. I will continue to update and possibly try and to build it from source when I get a little more time. Post comments in CM 10 thread so this thread isnt clogged up with CM 10 issues. Thanks and enjoy.