khangneovip

May 6, 2016
Ho Chi Minh City
github.com
YMusic - YouTube Music Player & Downloader
Screenshots
MFjYHPk.png

Features
YMusic is a tool you can use to play YouTube video in background, and download video with variety formats (include MP3) totally FREE.
Why do you have to load full video data while you only want to enjoy the music (audio)? YMusic helps you save a lot of bandwidth because it only load audio of the video, now you can enjoy millions music video in YouTube without worrying about data wasted.
Main features:
  • Play YouTube video in background
  • Download YouTube with variety formats: mp3, opus, webm, mp4,...
  • Search music video easily
  • Browse trending music videos
Experience the smart and beautiful player based on Jockey:
  • Customizable interface with 81 color combinations to choose from
  • Auto download album art, Last.fm integration for retrieving artist images and descriptions
  • Smart Playlists with fully customizable rules
  • Custom equalizers
  • Gapless playback
  • Home screen widgets
YMusic is forked from Jockey music player, this is an awesome open source project, discover it here: https://github.com/marverenic/Jockey

Download APK
.........OR.........
QR code:
[QRCODE]https://ymusic.en.uptodown.com/android[/QRCODE]

Links
Facebook: https://fb.me/ymusic.android

Attachments

• Screenshot_1497497944_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497497944_framed.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 70,052
  • Screenshot_1497498595_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497498595_framed.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 62,457
  • Screenshot_1497498608_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497498608_framed.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 63,091
  • Screenshot_1497498623_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497498623_framed.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 66,490
  • Screenshot_1497499236_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497499236_framed.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 63,549
  • Screenshot_1497507857_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497507857_framed.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 60,531
  • Screenshot_1497508025_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497508025_framed.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 48,157
  • Screenshot_1497508099_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497508099_framed.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 50,544
  • Screenshot_1497508112_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497508112_framed.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 47,078
  • Screenshot_1497508298_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497508298_framed.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 47,194
  • Screenshot_1497508527_framed.jpg
    Screenshot_1497508527_framed.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 50,450
Last edited by a moderator:

khangneovip

May 6, 2016
Ho Chi Minh City
github.com
Sync online playlist feature

[/COLOR]I thought this app was from office youtube. I installed the app. It is pre logged with khang.neon.1997@gmail.com. How can we use our own I'd so that we can retrieve our own youtube playlist.

Thanks for your feedback. It's useful, "Sync online playlist" feature will be implemented in next version. :good:

You can send feedback directly in the left menu of the App. :p

EMK2000

Jun 23, 2014
I suggest that on the search result, not only show the name of the video / music, but also the length of time, how long for the video / music.

And also, it would be great if the search result can show the playlist of other people, like on the official YouTube app.

Last edited:

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
This app is absolutely genius!! Thank you so much for creating this!

Suggestions:

- Settings to choose default quality to download
- Removal of default youtube account, or implementation of option to use our own account (app is really early version, I understand)
- Option to exit the app from the notification on lockscreen (for now pause and swipe it away)

Bugs:

- Alot of urls cannot be fetched for some reason (lukas graham feat Brandon Beal golden for example), but I encountered 6-10 songs in 25 tries (once a song reports error, retrying never helps though the message suggests it)

Last note - what about the legal aspect of this app, especially in regards to the download feature? Have you considered a reaction from Google?

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

khangneovip

May 6, 2016
Ho Chi Minh City
github.com
Bugs:
- Alot of urls cannot be fetched for some reason (lukas graham feat Brandon Beal golden for example), but I encountered 6-10 songs in 25 tries (once a song reports error, retrying never helps though the message suggests it)
Oops, it's seem that video not available with my server ip (country).
Last note - what about the legal aspect of this app, especially in regards to the download feature? Have you considered a reaction from Google?
:p Hmm, I know that. The application's purpose is just bringing the comfortable to user by provide some "limited features" of youtube app such as listening sound from video to save bandwidth and saving offline contents. It has a bit of trouble about video's copyright but I think it can be ignore because there are many website and browser/plugin does the same.
The app is Non-profit 100%. I neither intend to publish it on Play store nor compete with youtube app.

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Oops, it's seem that video not available with my server ip (country).

:p Hmm, I know that. The application's purpose is just bringing the comfortable to user by provide some "limited features" of youtube app such as listening sound from video to save bandwidth and saving offline contents. It has a bit of trouble about video's copyright but I think it can be ignore because there are many website and browser/plugin does the same.
The app is Non-profit 100%. I neither intend to publish it on Play store nor compete with youtube app.

About servers and availability - is the conversion of songs and fetching from YouTube happen on your server infrastructure? If yes, you might want to change that to happen on the user's phone, at least any part of the process requirering bandwidth, as that is the pricy part. Also to avoid local restrictions on content.. The conversion of songs, I don't know if that is possible locally on Android, it requires you to add much more code to the app.

About copyright, I think you are right, but moving workload to the individual device also helps here :good:

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Question, is it planned to implement the suggest feature youtube have? Eg, when I play a song, similar or related songs are shown.. It's tricky I know, I was just wondering? :)

khangneovip

May 6, 2016
Ho Chi Minh City
github.com
Question, is it planned to implement the suggest feature youtube have? Eg, when I play a song, similar or related songs are shown.. It's tricky I know, I was just wondering? :)
Current version also fetches related songs, after current playback (online) ended, the next one related with it will auto play.
I planning to design screen "Player" which help you to control playback (seek, next, pause,...) and see the related songs.

Just noticed the following errors when downloading songs.. I guess the timestamps and titles will allow you to investigate if necessary.
Oh, I got it, I have fixed this bug and will include it in next versions.

Big thanks for you. :D

felipe_hdez

Jan 20, 2016
You're a genius. Best online music app ever, I really liked it. Could you add predictive search just like in youtube or it isn't possible?

Reactions: khangneovip

Pedro2NR

Sep 14, 2007
Los Angeles
Love the app idea.

Here are suggestions:

1). Playlists - It would be nice to search/play music playlists.

2). Seek Bar - There are some long music mixes or playlists converted into one large file, the ability to fast forward the long track is not possible.

These two features makes YouTube a great app for music.

raphael.e

May 5, 2013
With Amazon Fire TV arm64 libs start to download but then the app crashed and won't start up again. Deleted cache and data and the app will start again and trying to download the libs again but it is again crashing.

khangneovip

May 6, 2016
Ho Chi Minh City
github.com
With Amazon Fire TV arm64 libs start to download but then the app crashed and won't start up again. Deleted cache and data and the app will start again and trying to download the libs again but it is again crashing.

I'm thinking of it. May be my app detects wrong CPU architecture of your devices (I see some topic say about android TV issues with CPU arch).

Your TV's cpu is arm64, does my app download arm64-libs.zip? :)

Thanks for your report.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @profeet2 you can send a bug report out of the app. It will be sent via your email app then. And the dev is reading the reports. I once received a push message from the dev thanking me about the reports about the network bug. :D
    YMusic - YouTube Music Player & Downloader
    Screenshots
    MFjYHPk.png

Features
    YMusic is a tool you can use to play YouTube video in background, and download video with variety formats (include MP3) totally FREE.
    Why do you have to load full video data while you only want to enjoy the music (audio)? YMusic helps you save a lot of bandwidth because it only load audio of the video, now you can enjoy millions music video in YouTube without worrying about data wasted.
    Main features:
    • Play YouTube video in background
    • Download YouTube with variety formats: mp3, opus, webm, mp4,...
    • Search music video easily
    • Browse trending music videos
    Experience the smart and beautiful player based on Jockey:
    • Customizable interface with 81 color combinations to choose from
    • Auto download album art, Last.fm integration for retrieving artist images and descriptions
    • Smart Playlists with fully customizable rules
    • Custom equalizers
    • Gapless playback
    • Home screen widgets
    YMusic is forked from Jockey music player, this is an awesome open source project, discover it here: https://github.com/marverenic/Jockey

Download APK
    .........OR.........
    QR code:
    [QRCODE]https://ymusic.en.uptodown.com/android[/QRCODE]

Links
    Facebook: https://fb.me/ymusic.android
    5Q3yr5L.png

## YMusic v2.0.0
    ### What's new?
    • From v2.0, YMusic is forked from Jockey - an open source Music project.
    • Inherit UI from Jockey:
      • Colorful theming, you can customize color of the app
      • Dark/Light background, protect your eye with auto background color.
      • Easy browse offline songs, devided into 5 sections: playlist, songs, artists, albums, genres.
      • Now Playing panel: easy control playback with amazing gesture, change song order in now playing queue.
      • Automatically find and display album art from Last.fm
      • Create/manage smart playlist
      • Beautiful notification with album art.
    • Support **music equalizer** as well (Jockey).
    • Support sleep timer (Jockey).
    • Smart Search with autocomplete
    • Smart download: prompt Song name/album/artist if any
    • New YMusic Icon.
    ### Note:

After install YMusic v2.0, you should uninstall the old one, because it will stop working soon.
    Who love this?

New UI, new features, forked from Jockey.
    Coming soon... :p

8LWHFidl.png
    nPp5cztl.png
    YMusic Dev

YMusic Dev

An development version for testing new Server, which is expected to fix these serious problem:
    1. Video not available on US: caused by YouTube. Solution: using proxy to bypass region restriction.
    2. Server down randomly at the end of months, also got error "Video not available on US". Solution: immigrate to paid server, guarantee online 99.9%, 2x faster.

Note: This is experiment version includes latest features as well as bug fix, and even "new bug" :D , all problem please reports me via "feedback".

Download link: https://goo.gl/NeRpuy
    V1.2.15:
    • New Download managers:
      • Download multi task concurrency
      • Multi chunks per task, significantly increases download speed by number of chunk
      • Download as Mp3 format with two servers
    • Ability to tag "Artist" name to song, using for album art in future.
    • Caching network request to save data + improve performance
    • Fix can't remove notification on Kitkat devices
    • Fix various bugs about download (e.g: low level socket error,...)
    • Improve feature listen LIVE video in background
    Download:
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/aa9f548df75d4e2c9c7eacdab8fd96df/app_versions/12

Acknowledgements:
    Big Thanks to everyone who donated me via Paypal.

Screenshot:
    9FrqItDl.png
    aXo45Lbl.png
    3wwIooZl.png