FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GT-I9070] [ROOT] Rooting your Galaxy S Advance without increasing the Binary Counter

403 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,071

By diego-ch, Senior Member on 11th November 2012, 12:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th November 2013, 01:35 PM |#651  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,582

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerfa21

is this safe to do sir?

Yes, it was first method to root GB. Just we needed stock kernel to overwrite one that pushed root files in system. You needed to repack it, but it is the same if you use CoCore kernel - so you can do it. Some users already did what I posted there, without problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shut_down Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 02:11 PM |#652  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

Yes, it was first method to root GB. Just we needed stock kernel to overwrite one that pushed root files in system. You needed to repack it, but it is the same if you use CoCore kernel - so you can do it. Some users already did what I posted there, without problems.

sir i edited my post so please answer my questions if its ok for you
25th November 2013, 02:15 PM |#653  
Flag Belgrade

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

sir i edited my post so please answer my questions if its ok for you

Use GT-I9070-Kernel-CoCore.tar.md5.zip from my post. That replaces your stock kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shut_down Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 02:27 PM |#654  

More
Quote:

Use GT-I9070-Kernel-CoCore.tar.md5.zip from my post. That replaces your stock kernel.

1. run program Odin3 v1.87.exe

2. Turn off phone and turn it back on into Download mode(Volume Down + Home button + Power button)

3. Now wait until Odin recognize your phone

4. Under PIT file browse for GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G.pit

5. Under PDA choose GT-I9070-Kernel-CoCore.tar.md5

6. Then check what options are checked (Selected), be sure to UNCHECK (remove selection) Re-Partition, Flash Lock, Phone EFS Clear, Phone Bootloader Update! Only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time should be checked (Selected)

7. When this is set just press Start and wait for phone to reboot

after reboot is it successfully rooted?or theres a next step?
25th November 2013, 02:31 PM |#655  
Flag Belgrade

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

2. Turn off phone and turn it back on into Download mode(Volume Down + Home button + Power button)

6. Then check what options are checked (Selected), be sure to UNCHECK (remove selection) Re-Partition, Flash Lock, Phone EFS Clear, Phone Bootloader Update! Only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time should be checked (Selected)

Install superSU from play store.
25th November 2013, 02:54 PM |#656  

More
Quote:

Install superSU from play store.

so thats all the step i need to be done sir?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote:

sir i follow the steps that you says and my kernel being replace but there is no superuser that shown in the menu of my phone or there a next step to be done?..help me fix this sir
25th November 2013, 04:09 PM |#657  
Flag Belgrade

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

so thats all the step i need to be done sir?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

sir i follow the steps that you says and my kernel being replace but there is no superuser that shown in the menu of my phone or there a next step to be done?..help me fix this sir

For both questions, yes you need to install SuperUser from Play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fou.android.su
26th November 2013, 12:57 AM |#658  

More
Quote:

For both questions, yes you need to install SuperUser from Play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fou.android.su

Thank your sir, i have rooted my phone..more power
5th December 2013, 02:09 AM |#659  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
hi guys,

i followed this succesfully and can see that in About Phone - Kernel, it is showing CoCore already.
But downloading supersu is telling me no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it.

Any idea how to proceed?
Thanks

Quote:

5th December 2013, 02:41 AM |#660  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukyo

hi guys,

i followed this succesfully and can see that in About Phone - Kernel, it is showing CoCore already.
But downloading supersu is telling me no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it.

Any idea how to proceed?
Thanks

Follow this simple step then hit thanks button after you successfully rooted your phone

1. Download rootkernel.tar.md5 and GT-I9070-Kernel-CoCore.tar.md5.

2. Run program Odin3 v1.87.exe.

3. Then open Settings in your phone, go to Applications -> Development and check USB Debugging and Allow mock locations. Both needs to be Checked (Selected).

4. Turn off phone and turn it back on into Download mode, like this press Volume Down + Home button + Power button, wait until some "strange" screen appears, put in usb cable and choose continue.

5. Now wait until Odin recognize your phone.

6. Under PIT file browse for GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G.pit.

7. Under PDA choose rootkernel.tar.md5.

8. Then check what options are checked (Selected), be sure to UNCHECK (remove selection) Re-Partition, Flash Lock, Phone EFS Clear, Phone Bootloader Update! Only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time should be checked (Selected).

9. When this is set just press Start and wait for phone to reboot.

10. Now repeat steps from 4 to 9, with one exception at step 7 now choose GT-I9070-Kernel-CoCore.tar.md5.

11. Download and install Superuser or SuperSU aplication from market.

DONE!!!

Code:
Credits to:

diego-ch
shut_down
shaan
The Following User Says Thank You to clerfa21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clerfa21 Ad-Free
5th December 2013, 02:57 AM |#661  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
ahh... i missunderstood the root kernel.
anyway cant download them right now, will try later.
i do notice that this cocore have TWRP.
am i able to straight jump to custom kernel from here?
StockROM GB + Cocore Kernel

thanks

Quote:

Follow this simple step then hit thanks button after you successfully rooted your phone

1. Download rootkernel.tar.md5 and GT-I9070-Kernel-CoCore.tar.md5.

2. Run program Odin3 v1.87.exe.

3. Then open Settings in your phone, go to Applications -> Development and check USB Debugging and Allow mock locations. Both needs to be Checked (Selected).

4. Turn off phone and turn it back on into Download mode, like this press Volume Down + Home button + Power button, wait until some "strange" screen appears, put in usb cable and choose continue.

5. Now wait until Odin recognize your phone.

6. Under PIT file browse for GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G.pit.

7. Under PDA choose rootkernel.tar.md5.

8. Then check what options are checked (Selected), be sure to UNCHECK (remove selection) Re-Partition, Flash Lock, Phone EFS Clear, Phone Bootloader Update! Only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time should be checked (Selected).

9. When this is set just press Start and wait for phone to reboot.

10. Now repeat steps from 4 to 9, with one exception at step 7 now choose GT-I9070-Kernel-CoCore.tar.md5.

11. Download and install Superuser or SuperSU aplication from market.

DONE!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
diego-ch, galaxy s advance, i9070, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)