Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2009, 08:13 PM |#101  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 3

More
MOre troubles
Phone reads:

DREAM PVT 32B ENG S-OFF

So I know I have the correct board. I was on JF1.5 and wiped, took the new radio from H's blog and it was successful. I then wiped again (per forums) and applied the SPL from the blog and am still stuck on the G1 boot screen again.

I do have the new SPL. I can CAM+POWER and visually confirm the success.

I am wondering now if there are other Issues other than the boards being the problem as I clearly have the appropriate mobo and am now not bricked, as I can use the DREAIMG again, but nogo after that.

I went from the DREAIMG to ROOT steps to JF1.41 to WIPE to JF1.5 to WIPE to NEW RADIO to SPL to "Stuck at Tmobile g1 blah blah blah" I can get back into recovery with HOME+POWER.

22nd May 2009, 08:19 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidREM

couldn't you just cover one of the three pins instead of destroying the battery?!? just a thought

The pin is inside the battery. I not sure if this is correct but i believe its called the achhi pin. Remove it, put the battery back together. Then try it. There's tutorials on the net on how to make these, I have one that i made a year ago but it doesn't fit in the g1. I want to try this but i need a bricked phone. If your in the Chicago area and have a bricked phone, i have an extra battery
22nd May 2009, 08:49 PM |#103  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggg

The pin is inside the battery. I not sure if this is correct but i believe its called the achhi pin. Remove it, put the battery back together. Then try it. There's tutorials on the net on how to make these, I have one that i made a year ago but it doesn't fit in the g1. I want to try this but i need a bricked phone. If your in the Chicago area and have a bricked phone, i have an extra battery

ok .. well i was reviewing the info from PSP bricks .. you think that should work with the G1? i'm a little far from Chicago to test your battery theory .. i already received my new G1 and have to send the old one back within 10 days
22nd May 2009, 08:56 PM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidREM

ok .. well i was reviewing the info from PSP bricks .. you think that should work with the G1? i'm a little far from Chicago to test your battery theory .. i already received my new G1 and have to send the old one back within 10 days

I cant see any reason why it wouldn't work. Either way i think its definitely worth a try. It works on the psp. All you would need is to put the recovery img back.
22nd May 2009, 08:57 PM |#105  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haykuro

Okay guys. here's the official thread. this will be for diagnostic purposes ONLY.

do not go off topic in this thread. no questions are to be asked, only data.

first question: what radio, and SPL were you using prior to getting bricked?

EDIT: please flash latest radio (http://code.google.com/p/sapphire-port-dream) before flashing SPL.. this may be causing bricks.
EDIT2: http://www.droiddeveloper.com/hrbuil...dio-signed.zip

new spl + radio combo. no more bricks i hope!

i do not believe my RADIO was this most recent version .. so shame on me for the error .. but hey .. i got a new phone out it .. let's get these bugs out

bricked here with PVT + WRONG RADIO .. there should be a way around this tho .. like a check in the update.zip file that won't flash the SPL without the correct RADIO?!?
22nd May 2009, 09:15 PM |#106  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Data
Radio: 2.22.19.26I
was using JF1.5 and H1.5
Android board: PVT (I have USA retail black phone from the presale as well)
current SPL before flashing to H's SPL: Hard SPL

wiped
loaded new H SPL (1.33.2005)
Stuck at G1

Phone reads:

Currently:
From CAMERA+POWER
DREAM PVT 32B ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-1.33.2005 (DREA10000)
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.19.26I
Apr 20 2009,15:30:43

HBOOT
<BACK> FastBoot Mode

Litle Skateboards

So I know I have the correct board. I was on H1.5 (alsot tried jf1.5) and wiped, took the new radio from H's blog and it was successful. I then wiped again (per forums) and applied the SPL from the blog and am still stuck on the G1 boot screen again.

I do have the new SPL. I can CAM+POWER and visually confirm the success.

I am wondering now if there are other Issues other than the boards being the problem as I clearly have the appropriate mobo and am now not bricked, as I can use the DREAIMG again, but nogo after that.

I went from the DREAIMG to ROOT steps to JF1.41 to WIPE to JF1.5 to WIPE to NEW RADIO to SPL to "Stuck at Tmobile g1 blah blah blah" I can get back into recovery with HOME+POWER.

**Yes I know I have posted these results on several threads however, There are new ones created every 15 min with, "this is the best place to post errors" vibe.
22nd May 2009, 09:37 PM |#107  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Angry
I'm not a novice to flashing devices and I had the latest radio and yet my phone still bricked. Words can't describe how pissed off i am right now!

ugh...
22nd May 2009, 09:47 PM |#108  
Flag Towson, MD, USA

More
PVT-er here, confirmed safe flash, game won.
22nd May 2009, 10:00 PM |#109  
Flag Milwaukee

More
new g1 here shipped with rc33 i got down to rc29 and root but i cant apply the settings to keep root is this a replacement to Engineering bootloader and new radio or is this something totally different.
22nd May 2009, 10:14 PM |#110  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 22

More
could someone really explain to me the whole point of upgrading to this SPL. I don't really see a reason to when we can run the apps from sd card.
22nd May 2009, 10:53 PM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd5783

could someone really explain to me the whole point of upgrading to this SPL. I don't really see a reason to when we can run the apps from sd card.

It's not to make more space for installing apps. It's because all the new builds that will be coming out are to big for the factory /system partition.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)