Thanks Meter: 9

By haykuro, Senior Member on 22nd May 2009, 03:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th October 2010, 11:21 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddywebs

Hi , guyz , just bought a G1 few days off craigslist and must was totally loving it , after switching from iPhone.

I recently applied the spl-signed.zip without upgrading the radio and now stuck at the Tmobile-G1 home screen

I tried entering the recovery mode (home+power) and also the secret HTC reset menu ( home+back+power (2secs) still nothing .

Seriously is there any way around guys , I recently noticed that if I push the scroller+power a blue led turns on but dunno if its of any help !

Is there any way, I can get back ??
(really dont wanna use it as a paperweight )

I had the same problem and I:

1. Formatted the flash card.
2. Re-flashed the radio.
3. Re-flashed the SPL.
4. Re-flashed the latest Cyanogenmod nightly.

Like magic, booted right up.

What I figured out was: You have to flash things in this order or you'll brick your phone.

You can't flash a radio, then a SPL, then a radio.

You can't flash a SPL then flash a SPL.

You have to flash the radio, then flash the SPL.

4th November 2010, 01:46 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question Need some info on spl
Just recived my replacement G1 after bricking my last one flashing the danger spl.
I would like to flash froyo to my G1. Here's what I have. I'm running 1.6 iv used androot to root the phone. Iv flashed RA recovery 1.7 iv flashed radio 2.22.23.02 when I press the camera button and end I recive this info.
Dream100 PVT 32B
HBOOT -0.95.0000
Radio-2.22.23.02
Sept 2 2008
Serial 0
Now I understand that my last g1 was bricked because I either didn't flash the spl right I tryed to flash with clock work and couldn't reboot the phone ended up pulling the battery and that was all she wrote.
I want to make sure this time that I have the right radio installed and also that I flash the spl with something that will be sure to reboot after flashing the spl. Iv seen 2 or 3 radios that are being said to flash before the spl. I have I'm guessing a us model since I'm in the us.
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)