Apps and Clocks .wgt files

Search This thread

mattdb

Sep 4, 2007
nice work there , but please put the Package ID on the filename in case users need to uninstall it when sharing .

example: AnalogDigital_packageidhere.zip

:)

I added it to the post.

FYI, This can be found by extracting config.xml from the wgt. Its in there.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

I love all the custom watch faces and I would like to do the same and contribute here. All I know how to do is change the background on the watch widget using Tizen IDE for wearable. Would someone be willing to tell me how to create watch hands on a analog face or place digital time on a digital face, change the numbers ( but im sure that just apart of the background image) on a analog face. There are just something I dont know how to do but I want to do.

you should already have the time and day in your java script.

context.font = "20px monospace";
context.textAlign = "center";
context.textBaseline = "middle";
context.fillStyle = "#ffffff";
context.fillText(day, canvas.width / 2, 210);

The last line will put the variable day in the middle from right to left and down 210 pixels. The other items should be self explanatory.

If you want to change the font, add a ttf to your project, I used /res/fonts folder. Then in the css folder there is a style.css that will define the fonts for the code. You would add this for example if you had a trek.ttf file.
Code:
@font-face {
	font-family: 'trek';
	src: url(../res/fonts/trek.ttf);
}

And you have to watch your cases. Everything is very case sensitive.

If you dont have the time calculated you can extract what you need from the digital clock example.

My watch hands are just lines and they can be thicked etc.

One last thing. You can import a wgt file into the Tizen Editor.

Select Import>Tizen Web Project or Wgt and select the wgt button and browse to the file and import. Then you can look at the code.

Now if I could just get some help showing the bluetooth and the pedometer and timer numbers I would be golden.

Reactions: Restless-rooster
Jan 24, 2014
Orlando
I added it to the post.

The last line will put the variable day in the middle from right to left and down 210 pixels. The other items should be self explanatory.

If you want to change the font, add a ttf to your project, I used /res/fonts folder. Then in the css folder there is a style.css that will define the fonts for the code. You would add this for example if you had a trek.ttf file.
Code:
@font-face {
}

If you dont have the time calculated you can extract what you need from the digital clock example.

Select Import>Tizen Web Project or Wgt and select the wgt button and browse to the file and import. Then you can look at the code.

Now if I could just get some help showing the bluetooth and the pedometer and timer numbers I would be golden.

Thanks for the post.
I have a few questions. First, you posted some JS code for digital time. If I add that to my JS, how can i remove the analog part?

Also, you said you had a digital clock example. I do not have that in my ide, would you mind posting it for those of us who do not have it?

and last, you said your watch hands are just lines. Would you know how to to add them as an image?

again, thanks for your help.

Reactions: tqplus

taygutta

Aug 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
I added it to the post.

FYI, This can be found by extracting config.xml from the wgt. Its in there.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Code:
@font-face {
}

Thanks, I will use this and see what I come up with. So if I import a .wgt I can pretty much reverse engineer it sort of, or just learn from it. All or most of these changes are made in the config.xml right?

rhonda69

Apr 26, 2014

Attachments

• BlackRolex_xM19HHvOBY.zip
    82 KB · Views: 1,549
  • black.jpg
    black.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 2,530
Last edited:
Reactions: cosanostra2000
G

GuestK00386

Thanks, that one is great but I was looking for the full circle of diamonds. Exactly like this watch face but black background and obviously changing current black things to white or silver or something. Sorry if I'm making you work. Thanks again!

ga7yda4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

mattdb

Sep 4, 2007
Thanks, I will use this and see what I come up with. So if I import a .wgt I can pretty much reverse engineer it sort of, or just learn from it. All or most of these changes are made in the config.xml right?

In the java script is where I made most of my changes. Reverse engineering is how I got there.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Thanks for the post.
I have a few questions. First, you posted some JS code for digital time. If I add that to my JS, how can i remove the analog part?

Also, you said you had a digital clock example. I do not have that in my ide, would you mind posting it for those of us who do not have it?

and last, you said your watch hands are just lines. Would you know how to to add them as an image?

again, thanks for your help.

the easiest thing you might do is down load my analogdigital wgt file, import it into your Tizen IDE and reverse engineer it.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52319250&postcount=28

Not sure how to add the clock faces as an image. You can also extract the wgt files off the ones you have downloaded from the Samsung apps and import them from the phone. That is how I got the digital part to work. I bought the casio watch and looked at that code.

==========
Edit
==========
I found the WGT files here: /data/data/com.samsung.android.hostmanager/files/PM_backup/wgt/ you have to be rooted.

Last edited:

taygutta

Aug 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
In the java script is where I made most of my changes. Reverse engineering is how I got there.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

the easiest thing you might do is down load my analogdigital wgt file, import it into your Tizen IDE and reverse engineer it.

Not sure how to add the clock faces as an image. You can also extract the wgt files off the ones you have downloaded from the Samsung apps and import them from the phone. That is how I got the digital part to work. I bought the casio watch and looked at that code.

Ok so I'll spend most of my time in the Java script and in the config.xml??

Jan 24, 2014
Orlando

You said you bought the casio watch and looked at the code. How were you able to get the code to the ide?
Do you pull it from the watch, or the phone? and how did you get the file?

after this, i should be good to go.
thanks

Last edited:

bryion

Jun 10, 2008
Arms

// Figured it out! Anyone having luck using png files for arms? I've got some ideas, and just can't execute them... Any Js code examples would be great!

Now my Mickey Mouse watch has posable arms!

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:

mattdb

Sep 4, 2007
You said you bought the casio watch and looked at the code. How were you able to get the code to the ide?
Do you pull it from the watch, or the phone? and how did you get the file?

after this, i should be good to go.
thanks

I found the files here on the phone /data/data/com.samsung.android.hostmanager/files/PM_backup/wgt/ and you have to be rooted to get there.

I used root explorer.

Reactions: monitato

nrseife

Jun 16, 2010
SDK installed, get error message

Nice I see it now. Awesome, thanks!

Guys, probably a stupid thing I am forgetting, but I installed the SDK, the USB driver, Java, and placed the wgt into the the tools directory but get the following error messages when I run the sdb install command...what am I doing wrong?
Thanks!!!

C:\tizen-sdk\tools>sdb install SimpleCalculatorFree.wgt
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 26099 *
* daemon started successfully *
error msg: target not found
cannot sync remote: No error

PS: I am a total beginner, obviously....

Jan 24, 2014
Orlando
Guys, probably a stupid thing I am forgetting, but I installed the SDK, the USB driver, Java, and placed the wgt into the the tools directory but get the following error messages when I run the sdb install command...what am I doing wrong?
Thanks!!!

C:\tizen-sdk\tools>sdb install SimpleCalculatorFree.wgt
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 26099 *
* daemon started successfully *
cannot sync remote: No error

PS: I am a total beginner, obviously....

i cant answer that, but I can say Simple Calculator is in samsung apps now, so you could download it from there.

nrseife

Jun 16, 2010
Thanks, I know but I cannot since my only Samsung device is a Note 8 which still is on Android 4.2.2....so I do not see any Gear 2 apps in the Samsung app store....
Anyway, it cannot find the "target", I guess that means it does not find the wgt source file?
I will have some time on Monday to check on that (but I did add the path to the Env. Variable "path" on my laptop...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Ah, usb debugging on the gear is not selected....that might be it...I will try later....

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Thanks, I know but I cannot since my only Samsung device is a Note 8 which still is on Android 4.2.2....so I do not see any Gear 2 apps in the Samsung app store....
Anyway, it cannot find the "target", I guess that means it does not find the wgt source file?
I will have some time on Monday to check on that (but I did add the path to the Env. Variable "path" on my laptop...

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Ah, usb debugging on the gear is not selected....that might be it...I will try later....

Turned on usb debugging...still same error message...
I hooked up the Gear 2 to my laptop via usb (just checking if that is what I am supposed to do)....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Free Apps and Clocks for those non-samsung phones without Samsung Apps.

Just install with sdb.exe from SDK as below.

- open a cmd box
    - go to the directory where the sdb.exe tool is located
    - make sure the wgt file is in this directory too
    - type command: sdb install xxxxxx.wgt
    Rolex clock with Day, Date, Seconds and Battery

Credit goes to klwinkel, Breach, mattdb and gearfaces.com for this work.

Showing weekdays is my own work.

Enjoy!

P.S: I put the Package ID on filename in case you need to uninstall it.
    Cartier.wgt

I finally succeed in converting some earler watches from wstheme to wgt !!
    Hereby the Black Cartier
    Sideload with SDK :)
    I love the Patek watch. I'm running my gear witha note II. How can I install the watch through my gear manager? Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm glad you like it. I am currently taking all of my designs I did for the original Gear and remaking them all for Tizen.

Stay tuned and keep checking Gearfaces.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app
    Hello, Do you or someone happen to have the wgt for opera still? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Also, does anyone have a location to downland wgt files from? It seems in switching from Gear s to s2 I've lost a lot of functionality. Apps are limited. Thanks in advance!

https://drive.google.com/folderview...&usp=sharing&tid=0BzTEsNXr7NCQQW9NazlNSmtWVTQ