FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][M7UL][JB][4.3.0] CyanogenMod 10.2 official nightly builds

8,458 posts
Thanks Meter: 57,618
 
By codeworkx, Senior Recognized Developer on 28th July 2013, 09:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st October 2014, 03:30 PM |#4021  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
/data
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

This device (even stock) uses a /data/media sdcard. As you said its emulated, and KT is not a separate partition. The entirety of /data space (around 10 or 25 GB depending on which model) is shared among /data for apps and sdcard, so moving to sdcard is not logical since it'd do nothing for you. If you have an insufficient storage method when installing apps and you have space, then its actually a different issue. Search for some possible fixes for this error. One involves deleting the app folder in /data/app-lib.

Your reply is quite clear. I might be having the problem you said, but if it were working the way it should (having 10-25 gb on /data), what should I see as internal storage on settings, 5gb (my phisical storage, or 10-25 gb (emulated)?
 
 
2nd October 2014, 03:20 PM |#4022  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,075
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelgoncalves

Your reply is quite clear. I might be having the problem you said, but if it were working the way it should (having 10-25 gb on /data), what should I see as internal storage on settings, 5gb (my phisical storage, or 10-25 gb (emulated)?

Not sure what physical refers to but your sdcard storage free space is the same as free space. If you actually have free space and I think you do, then the insufficient space isn't the actual issue but a symptom of it being unable to write the app data. I think its due to a folder in /data/app-lib for that app being present.

Are you having an issue installing or updating certain apps or all apps? Where are you seeing the insufficient storage error?
2nd October 2014, 05:30 PM |#4023  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
SD Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Not sure what physical refers to but your sdcard storage free space is the same as free space. If you actually have free space and I think you do, then the insufficient space isn't the actual issue but a symptom of it being unable to write the app data. I think its due to a folder in /data/app-lib for that app being present.

Are you having an issue installing or updating certain apps or all apps? Where are you seeing the insufficient storage error?

I see this error while installing fresh or updating an app, but yes, it could be that I was installing an app with already a folder in /data/app-lib. But that is something I can find a way around. What I would like to understand more is how this memory works. For instance, I had 20 gb free on my external SD, and 400 mb free on Internal memory. If the system worked as you said, I (and also Android) wouldn't see just 400 mb free, but the 10-25gb of emulated memory, right?
3rd October 2014, 12:09 AM |#4024  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,075
 
More
You have an m7 do you? Regular m7 doesn't have a external SD.
3rd October 2014, 02:04 PM |#4025  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

You have an m7 do you? Regular m7 doesn't have a external SD.

No, I have a Samsung. Didn't realise M7 was a model..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes